GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• rcl6
    rcl6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76
    Love it! You have been professionally trained I see. We so need to be friends! FR coming at you. Please accept!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    heytimsla wrote: »
    lyevwpq6r6p8.gif

This is mesmerizing. Great job!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kick butt!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    jox50b8gib2z.gif

@rcl6 here you go! It's not the greatest round, but I did promise! 😊

Eta... That freaking ponytail. Serves me right for not tying it back!

Holy crap....are you an actual leftie?! Female southpaw is dangerous!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    jox50b8gib2z.gif

@rcl6 here you go! It's not the greatest round, but I did promise! 😊

Eta... That freaking ponytail. Serves me right for not tying it back!

Holy crap....are you an actual leftie?! Female southpaw is dangerous!

No, actually it's the camera reversed! I wish, then I'd be really lethal! To the bag. Cuz I don't hit people. (I only dream of it. Lol)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    So. I'm sharing one last post and then I'll let this thread die. There's no point in me sharing here if noone else is interested in doing the same. Lol I'll just do that on my wall!

Noooo don't let it die! I for one love seeing another long-legged gal lifting, it makes me feel less giraffesque!

I was intending to attempt to make a contribution (note the certainty in there lol) once things get less busy and I have time to muck around with it... although there's a decent possibility I won't have storage room on my phone for a video.

MOAR VIDS PLZ EVERYONE
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My lifting is at home for now. My heaviest dumbbells are 15lb and I have a curved bar with plates, about 50lb. I am doing Sydney Cummings workouts on YouTube for my strength training, trying to add in pullups following bad elbow tendonitis...plus a bunch of cardio all over the place. Not sure how to make selfies/videos while doing it though. I used to lift with bars and plates in the weight room, but missed almost all spring and summer because of lockdown, and now most of the fall/winter too. I had started back at the end of August- part of October before losing access again. Glad you guys are still getting your lifting in!
  • runinthesun7
    runinthesun7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So. I'm sharing one last post and then I'll let this thread die. There's no point in me sharing here if noone else is interested in doing the same. Lol I'll just do that on my wall!

I think you should continue to post. It's inspiring. 💪 great job on the deadlifts!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Noooo don't let it die! I for one love seeing another long-legged gal lifting, it makes me feel less giraffesque!

I was intending to attempt to make a contribution (note the certainty in there lol) once things get less busy and I have time to muck around with it... although there's a decent possibility I won't have storage room on my phone for a video.

MOAR VIDS PLZ EVERYONE

The giraffe feeling is strong. Having long limbs makes lifting a bit more challenging because the bar path has so much farther to go. I did a powerlifting comp and the only other girl in my weight class was like 5' tall. She was strong and had these tiny little legs. I swear she had to move the bar 5". Haha.

Keep lifting, fellow sky scraper. It's good for our long bones!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    My lifting is at home for now. My heaviest dumbbells are 15lb and I have a curved bar with plates, about 50lb. I am doing Sydney Cummings workouts on YouTube for my strength training, trying to add in pullups following bad elbow tendonitis...plus a bunch of cardio all over the place. Not sure how to make selfies/videos while doing it though. I used to lift with bars and plates in the weight room, but missed almost all spring and summer because of lockdown, and now most of the fall/winter too. I had started back at the end of August- part of October before losing access again. Glad you guys are still getting your lifting in!

I was lucky enough to be able to slowly build out my home gym to the point where it has all I really need. (sure I'd love MORE, but that's no surprise!)

We've been in stages of lockdown since our second wave hit in Oct, and gyms have been closed since early November - so I am extra thankful!

The biggest thing is that you're still pushing. That's so awesome!

I think the reason why I was just going to stop adding to this post is because it feels kind of self aggrandizing. If it's just me in here, it feels like... Look at me, praise me! And that's not what I was hoping for. I had envisioned (or hoped) for a number of people to join in, and then it gives a wide range of form and examples for others to maybe latch on to.

It's nice to know that it's been encouraging to others, and for that I'm glad.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

MOAR VIDS PLZ EVERYONE

The giraffe feeling is strong. Having long limbs makes lifting a bit more challenging because the bar path has so much farther to go. I did a powerlifting comp and the only other girl in my weight class was like 5' tall. She was strong and had these tiny little legs. I swear she had to move the bar 5". Haha.

Keep lifting, fellow sky scraper. It's good for our long bones!

I think you lift so gracefully and naturally! No hint of giraffe.

That was the main reason I took up lifting: for my bones. I have a tiny frame and family history of osteoporosis in all my female ancestors on both sides so these bones were doomed unless I did something.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I think you should continue to post. It's inspiring. 💪 great job on the deadlifts!

I love your profile pic! I joke that I want thighs that can crush the souls of a thousand men... But instead I'll settle for watermelons! Haha
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me I was tall for a lifter once...I thought that was weird since I'm 5'3". I am tall for a gymnast(even though I'm not one anymore) and I guess shorter limbs do have an advantage in lifting.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I had someone tell me I was tall for a lifter once...I thought that was weird since I'm 5'3". I am tall for a gymnast(even though I'm not one anymore) and I guess shorter limbs do have an advantage in lifting.

Wow. If you're tall for a lifter at 5'3", what would they say about me at 6'1"? Lol

(I sure hope that didn't come out wrong. I just sometimes feel like a bit of an... Oddity).