WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    Options
    PS: I have joined a Zoom travel books group which satisfies my current level of wanderlust.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    IF you could have anything, what would you have for dinner tonight?- my initial thought was "anything cooked by someone else". But I LOVE Tina's answer; so I would change my answer to some fresh seafood, ceviche, bloody mary on a beach, away from the crowds, at some mom and pop shack in a warm location.
    Travel - Ugh! My list would be endless! I am one of those people that gets excited about places, even reading about the mundane things that the citizens of said region have to do. In no particular order: Bhutan, Eze,France, Iceland, Sweden, Svalbard (Hello Penny!), Bali, Sri Lanka, Morocco, ....

Too many kids here to write more. KJ
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to power line, Library, Post Office, Freddie’s, gas, Grocery Outlet, recycling
    Bonus: ANOTHER load laundry, brisk stroll with C & T
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call S, minutes, grant info followup to Bill and ask for Ronda’s email address, research effective conflict resolution, ask Howard and Hill about roster numbering system, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, submit grant pics and receipts, make experimental almond paste, cancel VSP, update itunes & AAA payment info, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Friday: call Dr. for rx, Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    14: Take a different route and see what you notice: Oops, forgot to come back from recycling on Carpenterville Rd. Find another route back from Howard’s this afternoon.
    15: Eat healthy food which really nourishes you today: back to veg prep!!!

Mfp trouble yesterday, web wouldn’t sync diary with phone, wouldn’t allow editing of entries. This morning, there were 3 pages that I hadn’t seen before posting yesterday. Things that make you go “hmm…”

Meg sorry to hear about Rex.
    Julie agree about the benefits of having a young doctor, but sometimes it is startling to see how young they look ;)
    Kylia
    hooray for the microwave repair, boo for having to replace the Neptunes and BRAVA for adjusting your attitude. Likely that is the only thing you really can do about that work situation. :}
    Rita when in March is your bday? I’m a March baby too. Fingers X’d for that loan. Predatory loan rates are the devil’s :devil: spawn :rage:
    Sue in WA thankful your DB is home from ICU. Trust you don’t have chickens to lure that bobcat in? Well done on the walking!
    Terri what you said about personal liberty instead of personal responsibility. Wish there would be a grass roots uprising of the latter. Oh wait, it must begin with me ?!?
    Michele Brava for turning your frustrating day into a productive one. Look forward to seeing your macramé.
    Katla pm’d you about vaccinations in your county, but maybe it got lost in yesterday’s glitches?
    Barbie thankful that policeman spared you hours of waiting before the ultimate disappointment.
    Machka so hard to see it in black and white. :cry: Was hoping, like Heather that good (insurance acceptance, income, freedom to travel or move) could come from it, then saw your hoops and red tape cartoon. How long is a piece of string, a very zen approach. ((hugs))
    Evelyn I too fantasized a little about winning the lottery after Lisa’s post. 1: find a good CPA knowledgeable in taxes and a good lawyer experienced in trusts/foundations, they’ll keep each other honest. 2: set up a scholarship trust at the credit union for my god daughter, the nieces, nephews and their children; setup a charitable foundation at the bank for the donations. Likewise those two trust officers would keep eyes on each other. 3: get the local geologist to survey our property for a building site with ocean view and build a second house there, all one level, wide doorways, all the elder needs but with my dream art moderne kitchen and Aunt Elsie’s stove. That way Joe wouldn’t have to be disrupted by remodeling, we could live here ‘til ‘twere done, then redo this manufactured as a guest house/vacation rental/caregiver property. Whew, somebody is a little too ocd when daydreaming! :laugh:
    Debby in VA you and your daughters have been much in my thoughts. Glad to see you pop in.

Where would I like to go? Back to Israel with a University sponsored group, back to Scotland’s highlands, cruise to Kaui, tour around the Alps, cruise to the Greek islands, out to the moon, any road trip with Joe. Only in my dreams. ;}

Halfway through January whoosh! Time to get with the strengthening program.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 15, weigh/wii: 1/0 yesterday, 11/36 this am, steps>5592=9723 yay! vits=13 log=14 CI<CO=13 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble 5=12 Shadow 5=12 mfp=14 outside=15 up hill=13
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=2 dance=4 clean 60 mins=5.25 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142.
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=7 play=7 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Just went out for my first 5k walk in a week! Weather beautiful, so plenty were out promenading by the sea. We wore our masks on the busier stretches. It was really lovely to see the human race. :D

I'm like Terri, a Saga cruise is now my bag. A suite of course! Iceland is first on our bucket list, but don't mind really. I love the days at sea just as much as the destinations. I also yearn for a city break to Lyon or Bordeaux, or Dresden. If I were to go on a long haul again, I want to visit South America again, or French Canada. Or San Francisco and the Pacific Coast. But, as soon as we can, we are back on that ship! I could also put up with a World Cruise if I had the money.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Next "getting to know you" question ...

If you could travel, where would you like to go? You can name a few places if you want.

How would you like to travel?

Backpackers style - public transportation & hostels?
    Cycletouring - bicycles & campgrounds?
    Luxury - car rental & hotels?
    Some combination?
    Other?

Machka in Oz

I started my travel bucket list a few years ago and have checked a few off. Still on the list:

African Safari
    Machu Picchu and a tour of Peruvian food
    Amalfi Coast - I had planned a trip there with my mother for 2020, but of course it got cancelled.
    Iceland
    Morocco - Probably will have to be in a tour group. The mister doesn't want to go and I've heard it's not advised for women to go alone
    Egypt
    The Amazon
    Buenos Aires
    Panama
    I want to spend more time in Bratislava. We did a day trip there from Vienna few years ago and it was wonderful. The food was excellent.
    SCUBA in Thailand
    SCUBA - Great Barrier Reef
    I'm always up for a diving trip to Fiji. So far, that's my favorite dive location.
    Maldives - Relaxing and SCUBA
    (most SCUBA vacations are fairly luxurious for us)

I'd like to do an e-bike beer and food tour of Franconia in Germany too. The mister brought it up, but Franconian food is some of the best food I've ever had. We would do this on our own with recommendations from friends.

I don't think there is enough time or money for me to go everywhere I'd love to go.

Tina in CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    Today is:

1/15/21
    National Hat Day US
    International Fetish Day Worldwide
    Wikipedia Day Worldwide
    National Strawberry Ice Cream Day
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: The home you’re looking at is lovely. :star:

Barbara: I found the message. Thank you! I’ll call their number to find out what they can tell me. Some time back I tried to get information from them and was not successful. Maybe this time will be the charm. It is almost 8 am. I’ll be able to call fairly soon. :smiley:

Machka: At this time, I would not be willing to travel long distances by air. I’ll have to wait for quite some time before I trust my health “to the friendly skies.” Circulated air is not germ free. I would love to see my daughter & family, and my son and his family. We’ve discussed going in our RV, but DH is not enthusiastic about that possibility because our RV has required a trip to the mechanic after every time we have travelled in it. I would consider driving my car and staying at hotels in the future. DH would like to trade our RV in for something else.

I appreciate the advice from both Barbara and Machka. I’ll call the county health department in a little while. It is currently 8:12 am. I think 9 am is a good time to try the call.

Last night I participated in a Zoom call with two very dear friends. We all taught together years ago and have stayed in touch. Colleen engineered the whole thing. I am grateful that she did.

Katla in cloudy NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Bananas - If you do decide to buy the Instant Pot, then I recommend the Jeffrey Eisner book, Step By Step Guide To The Instant Pot. I don't have it myself, but it would have saved me several weeks of intensive research into methods and recipes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thanks @cityjaneLondon Heather
    kevrit wrote: »
    ...Had routine blood work done today. Routine dentist tomorrow. ...I also ... Part of my financial re-work for 2021....

RvRita Rita, hanging in there in Roswell, NM
    @kevrit Rita, sounds we're focusing on some similar things - blood work, dental, financial rework, with different details here.

@grandmallie (((hugs)))

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Barbara: I just called our county health department and was given some useful information. An actual date for beginning Covid 19 vaccinations is January 23 for people who are 65+. The location is still a mystery. Now I have a phone number for the person who is in charge of the event. Thanks for your message, it was a great help. :flowerforyou:

(((Allie))): You are in my thoughts & prayers. I hope they let you have rest breaks between ultrasounds.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    Options
    @pipcd34 Lots of kerb appeal. Hope you get it at a good price.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbara: I just called our county health department and was given some useful information. An actual date for beginning Covid 19 vaccinations is January 23 for people who are 65+. The location is still a mystery. Now I have a phone number for the person who is in charge of the event. Thanks for your message, it was a great help. :flowerforyou:

(((Allie))): You are in my thoughts & prayers. I hope they let you have rest breaks between ultrasounds.

Katla in NW Oregon

Hooray! Maybe it is because we are in the capitol, but they are trying to get shots in arms. My husband was able to go to the fairgrounds this morning and get the first jab. I got teary when I saw the image of his vaccination card. I am so thankful. I have been very worried about what would happen to him should he get the virus.

Flea
    Heading back to Oregon in 15 minutes!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    5mj7trkgryke.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - glad you took some positive steps towards resolving the situation. Being proactive is better than just sitting there worrying. Lots of hugs,
    Heather UK xxxxxx