My Answer:
    Starter: Moules Marinier
    Main: Seafood Platter
    Dessert: Tiramisu

☘️ Terri

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a crunch fitness DVD. I need something shorter in length since I have the dentist. Then think I’ll go to Kohl’s, the Salvation Army, then Publix

Dinner: lobster, steamed vegetables, probably cheesecake for dessert since I don’t get that at home

Update: UGGGG, this morning nothing went right. Get to the dentist and I’d made a mistake, my appointment isn’t until NEXT week. Well, if I’m working next Thursday, I’ll just have to reschedule the appointment for March or April. It’s just for a routine cleaning. Then was going to go to Kohl’s to return these pants from Amazon, only now they open at 10. It used to be 8, then it was 9, now it’s 10. And senior day is Wednesday, not Thursday. Now I know that the Salvation Army doesn’t open until 10. So I did go to Publix only I couldn’t log into their system to get my coupon. Fortunately, the guy at the customer service desk gave it to me for free. Now home only to find out that I can’t get the virus shot yet, I even tried pulling the “I work at a grocery store”, no go. I looked into it in FL but in talking to a friend of mine down at the condo, it seems that people were waiting in line in their cars for hours and they ran out. So today seems to be a real bust. But I did get to clean the bathroom sink, maybe I’ll do the floor next. Found pants that I really like on Amazon (I like the fact that you can try multiple sizes and then return the ones that you don’t want) only to find out that they are out of stock. Well, I can live until they (hopefully) get them back in stock. Then found out that a puzzle I’d ordered a while ago and was charged $40 is now on Amazon for $18.

Lisa – good luck with the mammo and blood tests. So glad they aren’t fasting tests. When I go for a fasting one, I usually have something in the car to have right after the test

Bananas – (((HUG))) I absolutely LOVE my IP. I have the 6qt Nova, good size, not too big and not too small. Great for hard boiled eggs (they really do peel nicely – even fresh), yogurt, soups

Barbie – happy anniversary. Awesome way to celebrate!

Allie – when you get the new heart, I just know that all your love will transfer over

Jess wants Chinese so I think we’ll get take out for her and Vince. I’ll just have the salmon cake that I was planning to have

Meg – I’m so happy for you to have gotten your shot. Wish I could get mine, but it’s not my turn yet. As soon as it is, I’ll be in line

Washed the bathroom and laundry room floors. The laundry room floor was quite messy since that’s where the cats eat their food and it gets all over

Heather – that book “ Jeffrey Eisner book, Step By Step Guide To The Instant Pot”, does it have recipes just for one item, like just chicken, not with vegetables etc? I would love to find a book that gives you instructions for just one item, not a full dinner. Would you (or anyone) happen to know of one?

Sue WA – so glad to hear that everyone is recovering. How scary!

Michele NC
    Who thinks her next project might be macramé Christmas ornaments – if I can find one that I like
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Meg: Congratulations on getting your vaccination. We aren’t even close. :noway:

Heather: We’re waiting on vaccination news, too. :grumble:

Allie: Watching hometown and relaxing is a good idea. :star:

A longtime friend has set up a zoom meeting to strt in about 10 minutes. I’m excited to see her and other friends I haven’t been able to see in a long time. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Allegedly, we can't even make sure people quarantine for the required/recommended amount of time. It used to be 14 days, then went to 10, and where I used to live, in Kansas, the county health officials reduced it to 7, in the hope that people will obey the recommendation if it isn't too draconian. They don't.

Liberty and freedom are high values here. I wish we had pushed personal responsibility and the importance of community health, but it is what it is. I don't notice it so much until we have times like these.

IMHO!!!
    Liberty and freedom are high values in many countries, including Australia. However, I think it's fairly obvious why Australia has so few cases.

What about the liberty and freedom of all the people that have suffered or lost their lives because of that insistence on personal liberty and freedom to the detriment of others. If people don't start focusing more on personal responsibility and Community Health things will only get worse. This also applies in many areas of UK. Too many people pursuing their own selfish desires.

Machka: I wish our authorities were as security conscious and proactive as yours are. It would have saved so many lives.

:)

See new discussion on Freedom in our group:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10821401/freedom#latest
  • Machka9
    edited January 2021
    Options
    jpemd288lk2e.png

My work - yes, probably.
    My studies - yes, probably.
    Everything I do for my husband - yes, probably.
    Exercise, fitness, health and wellbeing - yes, probably.

Whether or not I put away my laundry tonight or clean the house this weekend - nope.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) Thank you all for the Happy Anniversary wishes. The anniversary part of our day was fabulous. The vaccination part was a big disappointment and I came home very sad. We dropped the dogs off at the groomer at 8 AM and headed off to get in line for the vaccinations that would start at 9. By the time we got in line, the nice policeman told us what he had told many cars ahead of us, that there were already enough cars in line for all the vaccinations that would be given today so we came home. Our plan is to return on the next vaccination day (Saturday) and be in line by 5:30. There are three more days after that, so sooner or later we'll get the vaccination.

:) What would I eat if I could have anything I wanted?
    turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy made the way I make it, but I wouldn't have to cook and there would be no leftovers to deal with.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Barbie: Happy Anniversary!

Heather: We have not been able to get vaccinated yet, either. Our doctor’s office has said they will not be vaccinating people. We’ve had rumors that our local pharmacies may do it. Nothing is definite. :grumble:

(((Allie:))) I think of you often. :heart:

We have had no information on vaccinations here where we live. I am very disappointed that things are not clear and laid out. I have been a fan of our Governor, but just now I’m not happy to be left dangling.

A dear friend from teaching days set up a Zoom meeting this evening. Three of us had the chance to talk together. I was the least skilled at Zoom, but I managed to get into our group. It was so great to visit with old friends.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    🌹
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Machka, sorry to hear of hubby's assessment. Even already knowing it doesn't mean that you weren't hoping that you were wrong....
    Allie, {{{HUGS}}} Keeping you in my thoughts
    Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I hope the rest of your family recovers quickly.
    Lisa, I too dream of winning the lottery but that hasn't happened yet. Our "big" one is worth 50 mil Friday night. I could manage to work with that. I would donate a significant amount, after all, once us and the kids are taken care of, how much money do we really need?? I figure we could keep 20 mil (5 mil for each of us and each kid), then the local food bank gets a chunk, Habitat for Humanity gets a chunk and I'd like to help out some of my cousins and their kids. Most are doing just fine, but a few are just getting by and it wouldn't take much to make a big difference in their lives, I'd like to supply that little cushion. Nice dreams.....
    Barbie, Happy Anniversary to you and Jake!

Today is hubby's 65th birthday, I keep telling him he's now officially old! lol He did point out that this year's property taxes will be less because he is 65! Yay!! Finally, a bill is actually going to be lower! Assessments are up again this year, we shall see what it means to the actual taxes.
    I have no idea when we'll get our vaccinations either. Canada is going slowly right now. They are starting in the right areas, first responders and care homes. Care homes here have been hit pretty hard so it definitely makes sense to have our vulnerable elders vaccinated sooner. When we went for our flu shots our GP said it would go in age groups after that. Hubby and I are in different groups, unless they do 60-65, so I don't know how that will work. Our federal gov't wants to have everyone vaccinated by the fall. I was chatting briefly with a friend a few days ago (distanced and outside!) and she feels our age group should be done by the summer. There are so many variables to take into account and I have no idea who will be giving them or where we will go. Oh well, I guess we'll find out in good time. I will definitely be in line!
    I bought an exercise ball a few months ago, haven't used it too much for exercise, but I do sit on it while in front of the computer, I think it's improved my posture a bit, kind of hard to slouch!, but now it's getting a little soft and I'd like to add some air, but I have no idea what I've done with the pump. Sigh. Guess this means I will have to clean up my office. I'm pretty sure it's in here somewhere....
    Now it's getting late, so off for shower and bed for me.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Machka - My thoughts are with you. It's good to know, but it's a hard thing to live with. Does this mean the RTW thing might get sorted sooner and leave you freeer? (When the virus has waned)

I didn’t sleep well. The subject matter of my writing is currently difficult (my relationship with my mother) and I've just finished a memoir written by Alan Davies about his abuse by his father. All will be well once I'm through this patch as there are fun things to write about to come! I don't mind it being difficult, but it's just temporarily annoying that it keeps me awake at the moment.

What I want to eat depends so much on the day, the weather, the season and my mood. I fancy such different things at different times and largely eat whatever my heart desires. :D One day a hot curry might hit the spot and another day it might be oysters. I think Turbot in hollandaise sauce might cover most eventualities. Jasmine rice. Asparagus. Cooked by Rick Stein. Crème Brulée for dessert. Another day it might be an array of Siri Lankan veg and seafood curries. Ooooh yes! :D Pecan pie with clotted cream.
    Tonight we are having salmon with fennel and leek in Crème Fraiche sauce.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited January 2021
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Machka, sorry to hear of hubby's assessment. Even already knowing it doesn't mean that you weren't hoping that you were wrong....
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
    Machka - My thoughts are with you. It's good to know, but it's a hard thing to live with. Does this mean the RTW thing might get sorted sooner and leave you freeer? (When the virus has waned)
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

r6ytynhhabk4.png

Sooner? How long is a piece of string?

Explanation ...
    This is my husband's third major assessment since July 2019 ... they all say basically the same thing, although this one added the deterioration bit. :neutral: Next he'll have to go for his second neuropsychological assessment. His last neuropsychological assessment took 3 mornings to complete and then a 4th meeting to discuss it all. It was quite stressful for him then, so I'm hoping he won't get too stressed this time. However, we have no idea when this next assessment will occur. Neuropsychological assessments have to be done by a neuropsychologist who has additional training to qualify to do these assessments. There are very few around and the one here is very backed up because of the COVID shutdown. Usually it takes up to 3 months to get an appointment, we're speculating that it could be 6-12 months now.

The insurance company is insisting on all these tests and it is possible they could insist on more.

Meanwhile, throughout most of 2020 and now into 2021, his rehab Dr has stated that he is not able to work (COVID, falls, fatigue, etc.) ... so he hasn't been actively pushed to try working since about March 2020. That's been nice. :)

But we still can't go anywhere ... not that we can anyway. Who knows ... maybe when international travel resumes in 2023 ... .......

M in Oz

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜🟣🟢💙
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Exercising!

x94itcsaiee0.png
  • Machka9
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Interesting article ... a few of those are good choices, I think. Photography, languages, getting fit. Depends what kind of travel you're interested in doing if/when we can travel again!

Travel skills: 10 things you can learn while waiting for international travel to resume
    https://www.traveller.com.au/travel-skills-10-things-you-can-learn-while-waiting-for-international-travel-to-resume-h1tcry

"So, you're grounded right now. No international travel. Even crossing state borders seems dicey.

You could spend this enforced layover wallowing in your own wanderlust-driven misery, which would be reasonable. Or, you could take the opportunity to better yourself, to gain new skills and qualifications to ensure that the next time you leave Australia's shores you'll get far more out of the experience than you would have before.

This enforced break is the ideal time to "upskill", to learn to do things you previously couldn't, to open up new ways of seeing, new ways of doing, and new ways of appreciating."

Next "getting to know you" question ...

If you could travel, where would you like to go? You can name a few places if you want.

How would you like to travel?

Backpackers style - public transportation & hostels?
    Cycletouring - bicycles & campgrounds?
    Luxury - car rental & hotels?
    Some combination?
    Other?

Machka in Oz
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hey 👋.Trying to catch up-Omgoodness!!!
    Debby in Va
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    @Machka9

Next "getting to know you" question ...

If you could travel, where would you like to go? You can name a few places if you want.

Iceland, Vienna, New York, Amalfi Coast, Rhine Valley/Danube, World Cruise?

How would you like to travel?

After our trip to Croatia in May 2019 we decided that travelling around was not for us. And we like a bit of comfort, and at least the same level as we have at home.

Cruising appeals because you have a set base but can visit many places. If I had the money I would do a world cruise, preferably in a suite.