WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Got pillows and kitchen stuff delivered from Ikea.

Also got wool hat delivered.
    I also ordered silk undergloves (that's enough for here in Paris at around 32°/0° for a little walk, and otherwise good for under the scooter gloves if I ever leave home again). and a pair of wool kneesocks. it's not SO easy to find good wool women's knee socks here.

Really going slow today...

Still following up on insurance stuff. I need my pay slip to scan and send to insurance, and one of the schools hasn't sent one since...August!!

I feel overwhelmed.

Slow up, (woke up at night), breakfast, slow walk, café, read paper outside in front of café, slow walk, looked at cloth for sofa bed on way home, unpack kitchen stuff ordered. Put away some of dishes, assemble one pillow-cushion cover : nice fit, but they only had soft gray, among options. matches the paint of sofa bed perfecttly but really needs a flash of color.

undecided between the prune colored cloth. and a bright print. I might need the bright print to break up the grey and help to get through this grey confined/semi-confined winter....
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Happy Friday!
    Michele I am surprised at no meds for afib. Maybe it is the severity. My husband lost almost 30 lbs in less than 3 months while eating everything under the sun. We found out with the heart monitor that his heart was just racing. At one point it was over 150 bpm for over 10 hours. The medicine, CPAP machine, and hydration have really helped. His CPAP has been a life saver. I sleep better now that he doesn't snore or quit breathing at night. Please keep a check on it. Not only are heart attacks a problem but so are strokes. Hugs!

I want to learn ASL. I am going to have to figure out how to get that goal done. I also want to learn to belly dance.

I probably laugh most days. Usually videos, commercials, or family. Not that long ago, I remember laughing hard and long, but can't remember why.

I should get a couple of things done before work. Have a blessed day!

Healing thoughts for all!
    Make the best choices you can at the moment.

🦋
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    @Machka9 great, you are sinking your teeth right into it. looking forward to hearing about the beekeeping.

My husband has been talking about beekeeping for some time and he has been doing some reading about it over the past several months, so he's the one who wants to set up a hive. He keeps talking about it.

I'm not entirely positive we have enough land space to do it, but if we do I guess we can set up a hive.

However, if we're going to do that, I wanted us both to take a course. I know he's done some reading but he doesn't always understand what he has read or remember it. I don't have time to do a lot of reading myself. So I thought a 1-day course might be a good way to introduce me to beekeeping and to give him some hands on experience which might help him understand more and remember more.

Plus I want to know how to handle the bees as safely as possible ... especially if there is any chance he might not be able to take care of them sometimes.

So we'll see how it goes!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Got pillows and kitchen stuff delivered from Ikea.

Also got wool hat delivered.
    I also ordered silk undergloves (that's enough for here in Paris at around 32°/0° for a little walk, and otherwise good for under the scooter gloves if I ever leave home again). and a pair of wool kneesocks. it's not SO easy to find good wool women's knee socks here.

Really going slow today...

Still following up on insurance stuff. I need my pay slip to scan and send to insurance, and one of the schools hasn't sent one since...August!!

I feel overwhelmed.

Slow up, (woke up at night), breakfast, slow walk, café, read paper outside in front of café, slow walk, looked at cloth for sofa bed on way home, unpack kitchen stuff ordered. Put away some of dishes, assemble one pillow-cushion cover : nice fit, but they only had soft gray, among options. matches the paint of sofa bed perfecttly but really needs a flash of color.

undecided between the prune colored cloth. and a bright print. I might need the bright print to break up the grey and help to get through this grey confined/semi-confined winter....

Do you have a plant or two in your place? I find they can be helpful as well ... just that bit of green.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2021
    Another Getting to Know You question ...

What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

On what topic?

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do you have a plant or two in your place? I find they can be helpful as well ... just that bit of green.

M in Oz

I do! I have 3 now rather tall-is plants. each about 1m20- 1m50, at present they are together in a diagonal line and have a nice presence at home.

• bananasandoranges

Machka in Oz

yes. I would. much prefer to have even 2 min to jot down structure of talk on "back of an envelope" so to speak.
    I could talk about a very few subjects I know very well spontaneously without much difficulty. Most subjects I would like at least a few minutes to prepare.
    Would you?
    Say if you were to give a talk about a place or a subject or a thing you know very very very well?
  • bananasandoranges
    spontaneous stir fry with: roast, chicken breast, lots of chard, curry, pepper, Tamari...it was okay, not bad. I was looking for jar of fried garlic bits that I have, but couldn't find it...it would have been a plus. Soaked some split peas. I bought maybe 5 k of beans in early pandemic and have eaten little. I want to circulate them. I think old beans get a bit harder to cook. That was the case a week or two ago with the adzukis.

going through shelves yesterday I took out some stuff I want to use up and put it on the counter of my small kitchen. but it makes it temporarily more cluttered. if I don't do that I will probably never use them and will toss them out which is a shame. (flours, beans, rice...)

okay back to the insurance conendrum. scan documents, call at 2pm when they are back from lunch hopefully...they didn't answer my mail.

• Machka9

Machka in Oz

yes. I would. much prefer to have even 2 min to jot down structure of talk on "back of an envelope" so to speak.
    I could talk about a very few subjects I know very well spontaneously without much difficulty. Most subjects I would like at least a few minutes to prepare.
    Would you?
    Say if you were to give a talk about a place or a subject or a thing you know very very very well?

I added a bit to that question to clarify ... what topic (if any) could you give a 40-min presentation on with no preparation? :)
  • Machka9

On what topic?

Machka in Oz

I could talk for hours about long distance cycling with absolutely no preparation.

I could present on "Events I Have Done", "What Can Go Wrong", "How to Prepare", "Long Distance Cycling - A Love Story" ...

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    I could talk about learning languages for quite some time. :D What having another language does for the brain, how it changes your view of the world, and how best to learn them - tips and tricks.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather

Darling Puppy!

Do you speak Welsh? I love how it sounds.

Karen in Virginia

• Machka9
    Little Rhody sleeping deeply and dreaming ... he was flicking his paws. :)

qaaydql4yal8.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    mqy3mu6ayt18.png
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Just jumping on bc kids have already arrived. THIS makes me laugh every.single.time.I.watch. it does make me wonder if voice activation products can account for differing accents/languages...hmmm (a little rough language, but funny)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Happy January 8, 2021!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member

KJ -- I did laugh out loud. :p:p
    When it's finished there's a choice of other stuff to watch and Would I Lie To You is on there. It's only a compilation of bits they cut from the original shows, but .........
    A new series starts tonight. Sometimes I laugh till I cry.

Been very tired today. Knackered. Just finished a nap and will get to my rowing. DH is cooking tonight. Lancashire Hotpot - Hairy Bikers recipe. :D

Karen - No, I don't speak Welsh. I know the occasional word. If I were to move to Wales I would definitely learn it. I once learnt a bit of Irish from a tape for a holiday. It was greatly appreciated on the island of Inishmore. :D Wonderful place. I still have the woven willow basket I bought there and use it for onions and garlic.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx