WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Lisa - Egg wants to make sure you’re still there. Sort of like reaching for a spouse in the night. That’s really cute...
    Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - I don't know if she's reaching out to make sure I'm there or gently touching my hand to ask me to stop clickiting that thing...

:smiley:

A moment ago, I was typing, and suddenly the mouse arrow went winging across my screen, because she had pushed it with her back paw.

Weight's still going up - and I realized something I've said before... the first few weeks I'm exercising again, I tend to eat more, but it does taper off. Time to begin tapering, I'm thinking.

Happy Friday for those who care what day it is, hope it's a lovely relaxing weekend for us all.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited January 2021
    Barbara - the nearest reliable source of a McSween's haggis is a bus ride away. I don't go on buses and I don't go in big supermarkets. I haven't been in a large supermarket since last March. The butcher will still have them when they are able to reopen, but it won't be the actual day. They keep them in the freezer all year. :D

Samantha Powers was on Desert Island Discs today. Very interesting life story. If you are a Democrat, or have Irish antecedents, or had IVF, or had an alcoholic father, it would be worth a listen. BBC SOUNDS app. Radio 4. I liked a lot of her music choices, but not all. :o

Lovely sunny, calm day today. Makes a change! I will be walking 3 miles this afternoon with DH. I expect the seafront to be covered in pebbles after the recent storms. We will avoid the busiest section. Might call in at the harbour fish market if the queue isn't too big.

Going to use my free UberEats voucher tonight. Two large cod will cover the free part and I will make my own oven chips and mushy peas. The large cod are absolutely enormous! :D ( I don't expect to use the app again soon! This is purely to get the free meal )

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im up and will hop in the shower as i wont be able to take one till its time to come home..
    My right foot is really swollen so i have been taking extra lasix.
    Cant wait to see Alfie and Homer..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather My employer gave me a $20 GrubHub credit. I left it to my spouse to decide what to get…$20 worth of hand-packed coffee ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery... :D:D:D

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    My friend gave me a 40.00 grub hub credit,when i will be able to use it who knows..
    Took a shower and took my pills,off eliquis until after surgeryand here is hoping i can still use it .
    My son should be here with the car in a bit..will wipe it down and spray it down as he im sure hasnt.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited January 2021
    Machka9 wrote: »

Why double sinks? I've watched home shows and occasionally see people requesting that but I've wondered why. I thought it might be to be able to soak some laundry, but we've got a laundry sink for that.

M in Oz

I wish we had double bathroom sinks. His and hers would be NICE! My husband makes such a mess every single time he uses any sink!! Ugh. He's terrible about cleaning up after himself anyways, and the bathroom and kitchen sink areas seems to be the worst. When I complain about there being water everywhere after he is finished washing hands or brushing teeth, he will say "Oh, it's JUST water!" Like that makes it ok! My big belly just happens to always be up against the counter/sink area and will inevitably be WET! Yuk! :neutral:

Kylia: my DH is a hunter as well, and the closet in our spare bedroom (3rd bedroom) is all his hunting clothes. Also, in the small "attic" space over top of the stairs are huge plastic totes with more hunting clothes!
  • cityjaneLondon
    Karen - I'm afraid I succumbed and included one small chips (fries) in the order and a pot of mushy peas. :o It was because there is a half hour stretch on the exact delivery time, so timing my contribution would be difficult. Still, it is nice to get £15 worth for free. It's on order for this evening. Over here Friday night is traditionally fish and chips night. :D I'll say it again - the large cod are enormous! We are putting Prosecco on ice. B)

Out for our walk in a minute.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Allie please take care! Off Eliquis plus swollen ankle makes me nervous.
    Hugs
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited January 2021
    My Dream House would also be out in the country, a single level with (perhaps) a partially finished basement. I love my wrap around front porch (currently) and would want to keep that... but I'd also like a back deck too (for my hot tub that I'm getting later this year!) I want a huge family room because I love to be able to have my (large) family over for dinners, holidays, etc (after COVID of course), and a huge kitchen as well. I would love to have a large walk in closet as well as a walk in shower. I would also have a mud room/laundry room all on the main floor as well. I could keep my treadmill and mini trampoline and other exercise stuff in either a spare bedroom or down in the basement. I guess my "Dream Home" vision is still a work in progress, but that's what I have so far. Lol.

I love the location of the home that DH and I are in right now.... it's in the country about 7 miles outside of the nearest town. That's just about right imo. :smile: It's a 2 story with an unfinished basement on 9 acres. We have 3 bedrooms and 1 and 1/2 baths (1 full bath upstairs and 1/2 bath down). With my bad knees, stairs are almost always painful, so this is way too much up and down for me. I love the huge kitchen though, and PLENTY of cupboards and storage space.
    5i0movzlryie.jpg
    uc0yc37lydcw.jpg
    c3q9vkrkote8.jpg

(pics are from the realtor website when we bought the house)
    About 3 years ago, the closest neighbor sold part of her property to her grandson who built a pig barn that houses 6,000 piglets year round. It's a HUGE facility and unfortunately since it's only about 1/4 mile away from my back door, we get the horrible pig smells if the wind shifts and blows this direction (which thankfully is only about 35% of the time!) We also get flies ALL.YEAR.LONG. Yes, even in January! And they find their way through the vent in the upstairs bathroom ceiling into my bathroom! I think I hate the flies more than I do the pig smell. Ugh. I keep that bathroom door closed at all times trying to minimize the flies to that one room. (Yes, I have an ugly disgusting fly strip in there, but it works!) Fall and Spring are the worst, I can go into the bathroom and it's normal to find 20-30 flies in the window. We were so upset when we found out what they were building there, and although we complained to our township trustees, there was simply nothing we could do about it. Now we just worry about being able to sell this house when we decide to move!

Dee: Good luck with the job! I know how nerve wracking interviews can be! Glad your daughter's reaction wasn't too bad and she's feeling better. And when I read your post about your Buckeye rec room and I got a great big Buckeye smile on my face! Lol. O-H!

Michele: what a cute story of your kids wanting to take you to Chuck E. Cheese! That made me smile!

Lisa: Egg is adorable! Where did the name "Egg" come from?

Heather: $20 worth of Coffee Ice Cream from Cold Stone Creamery sounds heavenly! Lol. Your DH sounds like my kind of man! :smile:

TGIF ladies!
    Teresa in OH
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Teresa: I-O My husband and I both graduated from OSU. We are Buckeyes through and through.

Tracey: I love that you describe yourself as a lapsed scrapbooker. I feel that way all the time. I am "currently" working on the last album of 2002. I will never catch up. I love doing it, but gosh does it take me time to be motivated to do it. I used to have a local store I loved that held classes and weekend events where you could go and spend time with friends at the store and get pages done. Seems like most people have gone to a more digital format and it is harder to do that as a group event. I still love my paper, so I sort of do a combo. I love sharing my pages, so it is good to know others on this site love to scrapbook.

Thank you all for the job encouragement. I have made it to the final round. Fingers crossed.

It is such a a pretty winter morning. It is one of those gray days, super cloudy, but with a bright sun trying to shine through. It looks silvery out. Not sure what our weekend plans are, it looks like it wont be warm/dry enough to go hiking. Would love to go to the barn and see daughter and horse, but trainer is nervous about having people at the barn right now, so probably just going to get a video. I really need to do some housework and work on my interview video. I have to do a 10 minute video to present at my interview. That could take a while. 10 minutes is actually a really long time to talk about yourself.

I washed all of Bumble's toys and blankets yesterday. Gave them back this morning. You would have thought they had been missing forever. He loves his toys.

dee
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2021
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I've been thinking about the dream house question as I look at my house with enormous gratitude and realize that it meets all my needs and I don't yearn for more. We have 1,800 square feet, two bathrooms (one with two sinks), three bedrooms (one big enough for our king size bed and a bit of other furniture), space in the living room for a big TV, my exercise bike, a couch, and Jake's recliner), a dining room with space for my big table and chairs,plenty of storage space for our carefully curated collection of "stuff", new stove, other appliances that work, furnace and heat pump that get regular maintenance, a fenced back yard with a modest amount of room for the bulbs we've planted, a two car garage, a quiet neighborhood suitable for walking 24 hours a day, and neighbors who are easy to get along with.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🔵🟠🟨🟪
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited January 2021
    Teresa - Your house with wrap around porch looks lovely. I'm so sorry about the pig farm. We used to live in the countryside, in horse country, back and front fields, and the flies were awful. Plus spiders everywhere. We couldn't open the back door without things flying in. Plus people were breeding barking dogs up the road and kept a whole lot of ducks. Feeding time was horrendous.
    Now we live in the city it's lovely and quiet!!!! :D Very few insects, apart from bees, we can open the doors and there's hardly any dust. We used to have dusty ruts out in the front, with tractors passing by. Dust galore!
    Can you put a finer mesh over your vent?
    The only thing I dread is if our neighbours decide to do major renovations. :# We are detached, but a complete reno is very popular round here. Recently next door had scaffolding and painters, but it wasn't too bad.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    😜
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Reading along and will write soon. Dealing with struggles...

Katla.... I think you have been so patient waiting for your glasses. I'd be a mess if I were without my glasses this long. My old glasses are scratched and outdated prescription. Hope you get them very soon.
    Kaylia... Love your bathroom pictures and the soft spot your husband has for your notes... very Sweet.
    Barbara... I like your idea of trying something new to get out of the comfort zone. I'll try it today.

Wishing everyone well,
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Rebecca - I love being an absolute beginner at something. GENERAL QUESTION to everyone - what would you like to learn from scratch?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jan/07/the-joys-of-being-an-absolute-beginner-for-life

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Quilting!
    I'm a hardcore crocheter, and always have at least a couple of projects on my hook! But I would LOVE to learn how to QUILT! Perhaps someday when I retire and am not working 2 jobs! :wink:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    I really dislike kitchens with only one sink, but bathrooms doesn't bother me at all. I prefer the counter space. This bathroom is just right for counter space, but Rodger keeps talking about changing it up.

Heather - in the East Coast of Canada it is Fish & Chip night on Friday's too. I used to know the reasoning behind the custom but don't remember it now. I assume that because the East Coast was mostly founded on people from England, Scotland, Ireland and such those traditions came with them and was passed down. Beautiful pictures.

Mrs Hoffer - Beautiful house. I grew up in a house exactly 7 miles from the nearest town as a child whose parents only owned one vehicle it was not fun. I would love to live in the country now though.

Dee - I really need to get back to scrapbooking and cardmaking. I have made some wedding invitations the last few years but no weddings coming up that I'm aware of right now. I am trying to decide if I want to scrap an idea I have for books for my daughters or if I want to actually write one book and have 2 copies made. The lack of decision is making me not start either.
    Good Luck on the final interview for the job. What is it doing that you need a video?

The house I grew up in was over 100 years old, it was full of flies in the summer. I can't stand even one fly in the house and it drives me insane when they come in.

Off to work.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Michele: I still don’t know when I’ll get my glasses. The woman at the glasses store said they would ship them to us via mail but we haven’t seen anything or had any contact from them. I think we need to call them again to find out where the glasses are. :ohwell:

Kate UK: I envy you for having your jabs taken care of. We have had no recent updates on when we will have our turn. :ohwell:

I have caused a problem with my neighbor and need to get it resolved. I’m grumpy and embarassed. I hope to talk to our neighbor’s son later today.

Still watching election news.

Katla