WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, called Dr for appt clarification and to send rx to new pharmacy, took 5 transfers but finally succeeded in cancelling VSP, updated Amazon Prime, iTunes & AAA payment info, finished minutes and emailed.
    Bonus: 34 mins decluttering keyboard & desk, reconciled Medicare Part D EOBs all while procrastinating about minutes.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call S, Freddies for ink to print minutes, deliver minutes to Howard, mail minutes to attendees, grant info followup to Bill and ask for Ronda’s email address, research effective conflict resolution, ask Howard and Hill about roster numbering system, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, submit grant pics and receipts, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Mondayday: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, meet Susan and Ronda at fire hall and show which fields on the new form need info from call sheets.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    16: Get outside and notice five things that are beautiful: Really need this as spent all Friday in the office, lashed to the laptop.

Pip Fingers X’d! Oooh a pool! Is it near any trails?
    Rita was right there bingeing with you yesterday. Did NOT need those 4 cookies and piece of toffee. Today is a new day.
    Allie Lord indeed. 10 vials??? ((hugs)
    Katla the governor’s news today about UNavailability of promised Federal vaccines is devastating. Also confusing/frustrating is that https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le3527.pdf says you and your DH are Sequence 1A, group 3,
    But all the news talks about 65+ as a 1B (groups 2-5) sequence with educators (group 1). Even more frustrating for those of us in underpopulated, remote, rural counties is the prioritizing of centralized, mass vaccination “events.” Can’t you just see our medically fragile seniors driving 4+ hours over narrow twisting roads for a chance at a vaccine? What could possibly go wrong?
    Welcome @jomc20 from Central MT! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called?
    Rebecca Fingers Xd.
    Lisa your “best by date” comment made me grin. Alas, I’ve been smelling funny for quite awhile.
    Kylia that was one heck of a trial period!
    Meg “my mac’n’cheese” Mine too ;)
    Barbie good luck Tuesday!
    Ginny you reminded me how much I loved Mama’s chicken and dumplings, cooked in an old fashioned pressure cooker. Never was able to make them taste like she did.
    Machka your train comment reminded me of another travel bucket wish: across Canada, especially the Rockies, by rail. Had my first birthday on a train and it’s still my favorite mode. Brava for keeping your DH's spirits up and taking the extra trouble for activities like the canoeing!
    Flea I was thinking something like the vaccination records we had as school children, but :love: that “golden ticket.”
    Kim atta MacGyverGal!
    Viv Brava for getting back to walking indoors despite your injuries. Hope the discomfort eases soon.
    Welcome @lindablueeyes21 ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? This is a great thread for support and motivation, but many of us don’t do the “friend” thing, just chat with each other here. Jump right in, the water’s fine!

Procrastinated/struggled all day with the fire hall minutes. Did invest time decluttering the keyboard (half done) and scrubbing the porcelain in Joe’s bathroom. Anything but get down to work. Finally done, but can’t print, even black and white, because the blue ink is out. Pfaugh!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 16, weigh/wii: 11/36 this am, steps>5592=1908 boo vits=14 log=15 CI<CO=13 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble 5=13 Shadow 5=13 mfp=15 outside=15 up hill=13
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=2 dance=4 clean 60 mins=6.5 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142.
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=7 play=11 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

It’s less than 1/2 mi from where we r now , so the same trails. 😊
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    On my doctor's recommendation, I received my SARS2/Coronavirus injection yesterday.

In short from the paperwork they gave me:

No live or dead virus, just chemicals that help the body create an immune response to the said virus.

MODERNA vaccine ingrediants:
    Messenger ribonucleic acid, lipids, POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol, cholesterol, 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

My notes:

Polyethylene glycol is the main ingredient in anti-freeze. Also used in ice cream and used for cleaning the digestive tract before a colonoscopy.

To understand earlier comments made in jest about bleach please note that chloride is the negatively charged ionic form of chlorine.

So chlorine (the main ingredient in chlorine bleach) did play an important role in the development of this vaccine.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    Penny! That is so cool! Several years ago, we had domesticated deer on our Kentucky farm. My husband's father got them. We had elk, fallow, whitetail, and pierre david. It was so cool and peaceful to watch them. After his dad died, we added reindeer. We had 6. Unfortunately, after 2 died for unknown reasons, we returned them to the breeder. They were so neat!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    yay, went out for Walk 2 (short! it's cool and rainy now) and got groceries. a bit on the heavy side so took up free delivery offered when purchasing above a certain amount.

oof! tired.

got purple cloth for trundle sofa bed. not perfect but ok for now and better than the white mattress cover for sure. Not expensive...

heated up jarred soup veggie soup bought ages ago, to which I added tofu for a protein. I rarely use store bought soup but this one is really good, surprising.

little break, then I guess I'll do some more stuff: 15 min tidying session, and, correct some papers...grade due in a few days and many pages to correct...

it's so long and less simple to correct online papers...
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :);)o:)B)

Happy Saturday!

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Getting outside today is at your own risk. Walked Drew. We had to walk on the road because sidewalks like skating rinks or covered in salt. We need a bright sunny day to improve things. It will not be today. Staying in as much as possible.

Sent by a friend on Facebook today. Phone is always on, door is always open and coffee can be easily made. Doing a real friend check. Support each other. I need eight people posting the message, not sharing it, to show you're always there when someone needs to talk. I have an approximate… I can only share some of the words and not the nice background without having to get up to get my mouse. I am laying with leg up so the words will have to do.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Katla I just ordered another pair of boots with built in cleats. The ones I have are wearing out. I worn those today and it helps but I know you still have to be cautious while wearing them. If twist your feet at all the boots will not give and you can end up twisting your ankle. Walking in street will be it for a while and short walks until this clears up. Walks have to be short until my knee improves too. It is already 40% better. I went on line for what to do and followed advice best I could. Drew also slips and slides on the ice which is not good for her and she will not wear boots. I tried.

Rest, elevate, warm compresses. Walk normally best you can and some other exercises and stretches to do throughout the day. If I don't keep moving it the knee could lock up on me. I could feel this yesterday. Today still sore but it doesn't feel as though it will lock. I was able to sleep fairly well too.

I was fortunate I did not twist the knee. I fell straight down and my knee was bent underneath me so it stretched my leg more than I can do naturally, so no popping or direct hit to the knee cap, so I think I just stretched some muscles. I consider myself lucky. I am also going to add some treads to the stairs I slipped on and that should help.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: I hope your new boots arrive soon so that you can safely walk the dog without risking a slip or fall due to unseen ice. :star:

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Okay.. ..I just had the strangest thing happen. Went to clip my toenails and my baby toenail just came off! I painted them just before Christmas and all seemed well, but this morning it was only attached in one little spot. So see strange. I already have a doctor appt in two weeks so since it doesn't hurt, may just wait. Thoughts?

Kylia perplexed in Ohio

This has happened to me twice with the toes next to my smallest toe. I asked the doctor and he said my nails had been traumatized! The fit experts at the running shoe store said it was caused from my toe pushing against my shoe, more than likely from the elliptical. I have a friend who is an avid runner who also had it happen. I’d go up a half size in the shoes I wear most often, if I were you. FWIW, my new nails grew on with no problems and it was never painful.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon Heather, sorry about your old lover. Really sad, but so kind that she called you.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Heather, I'm so sorry about his passing - and what an amazing generosity from his wife to reach out to you! He must have spoken of you kindly to her.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Heather)))
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Here i am again,and after all these tests etc... from what one of the drs say,better to come backand have heart surgery,but no heart kidney transplant... i wish they would make up there minds,but hopefully means i go home soon

To not need a transplant is good news. To need another surgery? Boo.

Hang in there.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    O