Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Allie: I hope everything goes well for you. :heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you for your sympathy, my friends. It really helps. I have been a bit tearful and have written a poem. It's difficult because DH is sympathetic, but I can’t go drooping about crying. I did ring my friend Gwendolen and sent her the poem.
    Other deep friends and boyfriends have died, because I am that age now, but this one has really touched me. We were very much soul mates.
    I'm very touched that his wife rang me. The funeral is on Monday. I will send her a card, thanking her for reaching out.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Margaret – As far as Florida not having a ban on traveling, I thought that’s what I’d read also!

Sorry to say, if non-residents are banned from getting the vaccine in FL that is dumb. FL residents can go to SC or GA to get it, but a resident of GA or SC can’t get it in FL. Not exactly uniting the country

Penny – how long have you lived in Longyearbyen? Could you redecorate yourself? Your pictures are so beautiful. Love them, only don’t love the snow.

Margaret – so glad you didn’t seriously hurt yourself and that you soon get your new boots

Heather – so sorry to hear of your ex-lover’s passing. But that was very kind of his mother to let you know. She must have thought highly of you

Hickory Community Theater tonight. They are having a live show of Exit Laughing. There’s just something about live theater. Livestreaming just loses something so I’m glad this is going to be live

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Pip!. That’s great news!

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊💙
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    We offered, they accepted on the condo

Super exciting!! Congratulations.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 51min 14sec, 195elev, 92ahr, 107mhr, 9.14mi= 825c
    Strava app = 1107c
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats Pip, Kirby and Yogi!😀😁😎
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello from chilly FL.

Yes, it’s chilly. The lows tonight will be in the 50s. It hit 70 today and that 20 degree drop certainly makes its presence known. I am a wimp, make no mistake!

Allie – I am so sorry you are in for another week at the hospital. Big hug to you. The diagnosis back and forth has to be frustrating. Can you request a meeting with all of the doctors to get the answers/consensus you need?

Cathy – Your grands are gorgeous.

Tracey – There are so many scammers here in the US I am sure the wait is related to making sure the item is actually what one purchased. I mentioned I purchased it with the gift card from our reps and it was rather expensive ($109 US). I should see the credit some time this week.

Bananas – I hear the test is not fun and I am really sorry they lost half of your test. I completely understand being anxious to be 30 minutes away from home! My drive last weekend (1 hour north) was the first time I had been on a highway in over a year. I kept saying to myself, “stop being ridiculous, you have driven thousands of miles away from home, you can do this”. TG, the new car has all kinds of bells and whistles – it holds the lane for me. I think I am more anxious about the other drivers than I am of my abilities.

Barbie – Happy Anniversary! I have not eaten at a Jack in the Box in 30 years. There are none here in SFL.

Sue – I would love to see a bobcat – I have never seen one out in the “wild”. Probably not a good thing with the farm. So glad to hear DB is home and will have at home care. Also happy the rest of the family is getting better.

Machka – Hugs.

Pip – Nice codo. At first I thought that shower curtain was wallpaper! Sending positive thoughts. Read a little further on – congratulations!!

Katla – My “dream” retirement is to have a home base and travel the country. I thought a smallish RV would work well. But have been noticing many travel vans on the road and I am leaning towards the idea of one. They are very well-equipped and more flexible than a large RV. I have many years to go so who knows what the future will bring.

Rebecca – I know you have been reluctant to reach out to get your son communicating…..glad you did and am hopeful he gets in touch.

Kylia – Did you stub your toe 2-3 months ago? Or are your shoes rubbing that toe? It’s not that unusual for a toenail to come off on it’s own if there was an injury.

Michele – No, Florida is not banning travel here. It’s attempting to ban those who do not live in the State from getting vaccines here. Many are traveling here just to get the vaccine because distribution is so slow in their native states.

Margaret – It must have been my word choice. FL is attempting to ban those who are traveling here from getting the vaccine here. Many out of staters are coming here to get it and then going home. Each state has plans for its own citizens.

Okie – Thank you! Again, I think my word arrangement made that statement a little confusing. 😊

Penny – How cool! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Heather – So sorry to hear about the loss of your former love. How gracious of his wife to call you.

Rita – Sorry to hear about the loan. Beautiful pictures of the Meadowlarks.

Yeah! I am caught up for now. 😊

I am meeting a co-worker for lunch tomorrow. Our plan is to have lunch at a restaurant with outdoor seating (many of those here). It will be nice to catch up and have some human contact (other than store workers and neighbors).

Best to all.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, I am right there with you, trying not to be grumpy about how the vaccine is being handled in my town. On the surface, it looks fair since it is limited to people over 70 and their domestic partners and is only for people in our town. You have to show ID to get the vaccine. But there are so many people in that category and there are no appointments. You just go and get in line in your car. The first people to get their vaccine on Thursday arrived in their pop up van the night before. Many others slept in their cars. By the time we tried to get in line at about 8:15 AM, we were told that the line was full for the day. On Saturday, the line was full before 6 AM. We plan to go about 5 AM on Tuesday, but even if we get into the line, we'll still be waiting hours since they don't start the vaccine process until 9 AM. I'm sure there's a better way, but I don't know what it is.

<3 Barbie

https://kiro7.com/news/local/sequim-launches-was-first-mass-vaccination-site-bringing-massive-lines/5242XLJV7VD63A75KBUUSDEKQU/

This is about the line up for the vaccine on Thursday. Near the bottom of the page is a video of the line taken by drone.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Pip – CONGRATULATIONS!!! When is the big move? So happy for you

SuziQ – now that’s interesting that people are coming to FL to get the vaccine because they can’t get it in their home state. I’ll be getting my first shot Tuesday (second one Feb. 9) and in talking to people at the condo, they’ve told me that it’s not available yet in Titusville, you have to drive to Orlando or Viera for it.Yet here I called Friday and got an appointment for this coming Tuesday. Interesting….

Barbie – I’ve been told by others who have had the vaccine that it was a pretty easy process getting it here. You call and make an appointment (which I did), at that time they tell you where you go for the vaccine, the people I talked to said that there wasn’t much of a wait as long as you went at your appointment time, you got the shot and then had to wait 15 minutes (to be sure that you didn’t have a reaction). They said it was easy to do. I guess the hardest part was getting the appointment. Every state is different.

I have to say, the play was very funny. I didn’t realize it, but not only was there a live audience (there were about only 16 people in an auditorium that seats at least 150 downstairs and 150 in the balcony) they were also livesteaming the show. I guess I’m getting used to this “stay at home” life. In some ways I would rather livestream a show. In this way I don’t have to go out if the weather isn’t good, plus I can do it in the comfort of my own home. Boy, I’m getting to be a homebody, mostly in the evening, tho. This morning I did go to the UPS store to send back a pair of pants. I’m really liking the Amazon Prime Wardrobe. You can order up to 5 items in multiple sizes, try them on, keep the ones you want, and as long as you return what you don’t want in 7 days, you aren’t charged for them. Then checked out uTube videos about the macramé ornaments, found one I liked, and went to Hobby Lobby to get cord to make them. Not sure when I’ll get started.

The thing I’m finding with this “stay at home” stuff is that it’s harder to keep a decent diet. Today s***ed. I’m going to try getting back on the bandwagon tomorrow. I did try to finish up the things Jess left that neither she nor Colby ate.

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    SuziQ My friend will be in Fl for two months. I suggested she talk to her Dr. to see what he suggests.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    The thing I’m finding with this “stay at home” stuff is that it’s harder to keep a decent diet.

Michele NC

Why is that?

I've continued to order exactly the same foods as I ordered before.

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Options
    Pip: Congratulations on your new home! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Today is CHERI’s birthday! t3326.gif