WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: Congrats on getting to go home! :star:

Heather: I’m sorry that there are so many deaths in the UK due to the pandemic. You and DH are lucky to have one another. :flowerforyou:

Kate UK: I hope the covid jabs go well. :star:

Tracey: You sound like exhaustion is close by. I hope you’re able to get some rest & I am sorry you’re in pain. :flowerforyou:

Mrs._ Hoffer: WELCOME!!!

Jennifer234.6/140: Welcome! We seem to spend a good amount of time chatting about our lives and giving one another encouragement. We work toward better health. :star:

I went to get my new glasses and would up without them. The sight shop didn’t take measurements correctly and have to send for a new lens. We paid them and have gotten nothing useful for our money so far. :angry:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Sunny day here, Yay! I may try to do some pruning in a little bit. I Don't know who decided that dwarf willows were a good choice for planting in front of th barn but they are a mess. Every year I cut them back to the main stump and every year they grow all over the place and into the driveway. Wish I had a way to let the goats get to them. I would like to replace them with hydrangeas. The problem is getting rid of the roots.

Welcome to the newbies.

Allie - glad you are home.

Beth - Love that pup but he does have some big paws. Are the parents large dogs?

Favorite exercises are horseback riding, swimming and yoga.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    👍
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    B) (although it has been overcast all day here). Fasting and low carb still doing well this week. Hope the scale and my pants show the work soon!!

RvRita
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Machka

This is from your neck of the woods and is amazing:
    Carol from GA

Next country over. :)

But we have a lot of sheep here too and my husband and I attended a sheep dog competition once several years ago - I found it fascinating!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD
    Forgot to answer this question! So, the answer to how I get clients is that I don't, Verblio does. Everything you write is submitted to the clients through their interface. You never have to talk to clients (yay!). Pay is on a sliding scale - the longer the article you're writing, the more you get paid. They pay through PayPal... I wrote for them years back and was able to step back in at Level 6, so have access to article requests in the 1,000 to 1,500-word range, which pay well if the customer buys them. When I bump up to Level 8 it will get even better. Requests for posts/articles range from plastic injection molding to personal injury lawyers needing stats research and verbiage, to driving revenue through improving human resources processes, to finding a small business grant. I only write on the ones that interest me, so my wide-ranging curiosity is getting satisfied on a regular basis.
    B)

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Interesting! I might have to look this up. My brother mentioned something like this a while back although what he mentioned may have had more to do with editing jobs.

I've bookmarked Verblio!

You just never know. I have done a lot of writing through my uni experiences and I have done and do a lot of technical writing for work.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 30min 36sec, 146elev, 100ahr, 169mhr, 8.35mi= 808c
    Strava app = 1011c
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Barbara AHMOD
    Forgot to answer this question! So, the answer to how I get clients is that I don't, Verblio does. Everything you write is submitted to the clients through their interface. You never have to talk to clients (yay!). Pay is on a sliding scale - the longer the article you're writing, the more you get paid. They pay through PayPal... I wrote for them years back and was able to step back in at Level 6, so have access to article requests in the 1,000 to 1,500-word range, which pay well if the customer buys them. When I bump up to Level 8 it will get even better. Requests for posts/articles range from plastic injection molding to personal injury lawyers needing stats research and verbiage, to driving revenue through improving human resources processes, to finding a small business grant. I only write on the ones that interest me, so my wide-ranging curiosity is getting satisfied on a regular basis.
    B)

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Interesting! I might have to look this up. My brother mentioned something like this a while back although what he mentioned may have had more to do with editing jobs.

I've bookmarked Verblio!

You just never know. I have done a lot of writing through my uni experiences and I have done and do a lot of technical writing for work.

M in Oz

Machka - you should - there are a number of companies in Oz that use them, and they tell you that you have to use Australian spellings, etc. I actually enjoy it, and once you're up a bit in the levels, you can access even more interesting things to write on. There are a ton of high-tech pieces, too, which you would enjoy, most likely--not usually my bag unless I'm translating tech-speak to people-speak. The best part is, when you don't want to write, you don't write, and when you're in the mood, you do.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

I am tired but it's not a physical tired it's a mental tired. I just can't bring myself to do what I need to do for anything. I get through the work day, make supper and just want to curl up and do nothing. Maybe once physio starts working and I'm not in so much pain I'll feel more like myself.

Julie - We were told by our Administrator that we can still pass the virus on to others even though we are vaccinated and that we could still catch it, but it would just be a less severe form. I don't think anyone knows for sure, we are all learning as it progresses including the professionals.

Tracey in Edmonton

I can relate. during busy times I could barely get dinner together.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    long day. nearly dozing as I read and write, here.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    went over today. I bought a roast chicken w potatoes. only had 1 chicken breast but it's the taters that made a dent. then I had a beer at the end of the day. got 16 more corrected. I believe at present I have no corrections left in that school. I have to calculate and send in grades tomorrow, and more corrections for other schools. I think I need to keep the 16 per day rhythm up. it's kind of boring. I used to be able to correct off-screen: way better, and faster.

big bruise on chest this time from bone marrow aspiration. not at all last time. I think it's just chance. it didn't hurt more, actually less.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    Page 57
  • Machka9
    Options
    Getting to know you ...

I'll ask the question that appears at the top of the Message Board/Forum:

What are you looking to GAIN in 2021?

In the post that starts that thread, it says, "The journey with MFP isn’t just about what you lose (or how much you want to lose). It’s about everything you’ll gain. Healthy habits, confidence, motivation, support…and so much more."

You can, of course, respond to that post by clicking the link at the top of the Message Board/Forum (be sure to read the entire first post before you do), or we can chat amongst ourselves.

And here, the answer to "What are you looking to GAIN in 2021" does not just need to be about weight loss, fitness, etc. Maybe it's about improved relationships with family or friends, accomplishing an education or career goal, running your first marathon, retirement, consistency with your spiritual life, an uncluttered house, etc.

Is there one thing you would like to GAIN in 2021?

M in Oz
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well daughter did in fact get her second shot, so I feel so much relief. I know it is not 100% effective, but considering how much she is exposed, I am incredibly grateful for anything that may help her stay safe while she is working to help others. She is also administering the vaccine at her hospital, so I just feel so much better knowing she has some protection. Son-in-law did not get results back today but he is feeling better than yesterday, so maybe he just has a cold (hoping).

It was so nice and sunny today, Bumble and I went for a walk. After three days inside, boy, did he need that and so did I. We also started his new obedience class today and he did really well. I was proud of him.

The thing I would most like to gain in 2021 is normalcy. I want to be able to go to the movies or visit my parents or children or go to the mall, or not feel afraid when someone at the grocery is refusing to wear a mask or wearing it wrong. I want to see my friends and go to the barn and horseshows. I want normal back to work. I don't want anything special just nice normal days.
    dee
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Teresa-Welcome ! You make #4 from Ohio. I'm south of Dayton. Dee is somewhere near. Ginny is also near. Stop by often. Sometimes it is hard to keep up, but this group is AWESOME!

Jennifer- Welcome too. Our bodies sometimes need a kick jump.

I am tired, but stopped by to say HI!
    I hot my protein goal 2 days in a row-yay!

Hugs!
    Prayers!

Kylia in Ohio where the sun was warm today.🌞
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    just north of Columbus
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Ppppp