Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Looks very YUMMY Rebecca!! :p
    💙💛💚💓💜
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    This morning we had "ice fog" in my neck of Ohio! It was 11(F) when I got up. This is from my front porch looking out over my front yard to the north.
    npatc204bjai.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    At my 1st dentist app in California. Kirby took yogi out for the morning walk. After I’m done here, will go to attire, go home n out stuff away then go walk and meet up with kirby
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Congratulations on the dinner! Food is soooooo wonderful for lifting the spirits. Today I had a fantabulous sea bass dinner on a bed of lentils cooked in spicy chicken juice saved from my chicken thighs. With poached fennel. Orgasmic.

Kate UK - It’s on Netflix. It's the main reason I got my son to share his subscription as I'd heard such good reviews. It's in the International section. It's a French comedy series about fashion agents in Paris. I'm totally addicted. >:) Luckily I can watch it on my tablet while on my machines.
    There might be some Spanish things on there. I haven't looked.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Allie - Huge, huge, careful hugs to you! :flowerforyou:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Our previous dentist closed his business due to health problems. The new one is wonderful. I’m glad that DH found her. I hope you are as happy with your new dentist we are with ours. :star:

(((Allie))): It is so good to see you here!!!! Three cheers! :heart:

Karen in VA: Your squirrel is a cutie. :smiley:

All but one Christmas decoration is now safely put away in the garage attic and we have less clutter in the garage. YAY!! The one Christmas decoration still in the garage is a lighted white wire Angel. It is about 4 feet tall, and the upper light string no longer works. We’re trying to decide whether to rewire it, or to send it to recycle land. It will depend on DH’s energy level. He has the skill but may not want to pursue rewiring.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday from snowy and icy Nebraska. I knew we could get some rain and snow last night, but was surprised this morning when I got up and had several inches of snow and there is ice under it. So slow moving and lots of accidents. Keeping our ER busy. Glad I am inside at my desk for the day.

Tomorrow we have a funeral out of town for DDIL's aunt. Hoping the roads are better. Then going into Lincoln to meet with the social worker for my friend that I am POA for. Then they have a new christain book store Mardel that opened a couple weeks a go I want to go to. I have been to one in Kansas and loved it. Then I am off the weekend and other than church and DGD's 13th birthday party Sunday afternoon will stay home.

Sue WA--Thanks for sharing the moon pictures. They are beautiful.

Tracey--What is iron pie markers? I love grilled cheese sandwhiches.

Allie--Great news that you are home. Now do not overdo and take care of yourself first.

Well all caught up and time to finish up to go home. DH got me a tablet for Christmas so hoping I can use it for MFP on the days I am off. I log my food on my phone, but can't do the reading as print is to small.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE where it is 30 and windy. <3

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,108 Member
    Options
    Allie - great to hear from you!

Kylia - happy belated birthday!

Hope everyone else is having a fine sunny day!

Annie in Delaware
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather: There are adults who would put us on their calendar but this task is not too difficult and we have done it many times over the years. I want to put things away so that the most important things are easy for me to find next Christmas season. There are no available teenagers in this neighborhood. We will be able to get it done.

At some point, however, it is not a bad idea to start outsourcing. We can clean the house and mow the lawn, but we get someone else to do it from time to time.

If you want it done quickly, sometimes the best way is to get someone outside the immediate family to do it. :)

M in Oz

On my recumbant this morning I read some new canned ted.com talks about budgeting. one thing she said was that people often regret spending money on eating out, but not money spent on saving time (giving the example of hiring someone to help with cleaning).

I can understand that ... I rarely eat out because I don't think it's worth it, but I've never regretted having someone mow our lawn or do cleaning, etc.

One of the things I liked about the apartment I lived in for many years in Winnipeg was the fact that everything outside was taken care of for me. While the building caretaker was mowing the lawn, shovelling snow or raking leaves, I was out cycling, attending classes, travelling, sleeping, etc. :)

M in Oz

I don't mind eating out in normal times. homes are so small here, it's a way to make up for that. but in the large scheme of things...I don't tend to eat out expensive. actually I like to get an occasional meal for 15 euros or so. I don't like 70 dollar meals at all! my sister is more up for a 3 dollar meal! :D I'm having second thoughts about my daily espresso. 1 euro per day at least. not spent= 350 per year-- I nice weekend by the sea...I skipped it today. actually what I liked was long hang out in café, no longer possible today... I kind of still like cleaning somewhat, but I have mixed feelings about that. one thing I don't regret AT ALL is help with paperwork. I used to have a home with 1800 sq meter yard and big barns- an old stone farmhouse, very much maintenance. I really don't mind the ZERO yard work and no maintenance other than inside of being in a 2 room apartment. I wouldn't mind 3 or 4 rooms and a big patio, and a small yard in a sunny place with a nice view; but that would really suffice for me in terms of space-maintance.

@auntiebk : indian and Italian, yum
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    hi I read all but soooo tired, I need to kick in.

I only did a few minutes of T but got everything else done;

but still a moment every day is progress.
    not enough but developing a habit as I finish stuff this week.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon glad you like call my agent. I'm watching it for the 2nd time!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Allie - so glad you're home!
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Rain pouring down. Watching TV. Death In Paradise in a minute. The rain makes a lovely noise on our extension roof Velux window, so we always know when it's raining! Cosy feeling.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    U
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,805 Member
    Options
    Allie - So glad you are home.

Theresa - I love those ice fog mornings.

Vicki - This is the iron pie maker. You put it right in the campfire and turn like you would for hotdogs or whatever. It makes the absolute best grilled cheese. Apparently, some avid campers use this for omelettes, pancakes, actual pies. I just tried grilled cheese.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Texsport-Pre-Seasoned-Square-Sandwich-Cooker/dp/B003ZZC1FE/ref=asc_df_B003ZZC1FE/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=293036632477&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=385277050468007881&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001423&hvtargid=pla-315473104476&psc=1

Julie - Your comment about 70 euro meals reminds me of when we were first married. I grew up eating in actual nice sit down restaurants with my parents and grandparents, there was no fast food type places anywhere near us. When we were first married we lived in Toronto so I was in heaven with all of the quick, easy cheap fast food places and they were my favourite. Anyhow, shortly after we were married Rodger wanted to go out for supper, I replied with "Where? Wendy's, McDonalds... " He said, "Tracey, I meant a real restaurant where we sit down, have a drink and get waited on". I responded with "Ok, but what will I eat?" I still prefer the fast food places to the sit down places. Now it's because I'm cheap though.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Allie- glad you are home- rest up and take it slow so you don't have to go back into the hospital..

Husband and I went up Napa to do our bi-weekly grocery shopping- We go to the same stores every time- Grocery Outlets(both of them) and Lucky's(both of them. Lucky's we only check two departments, fresh meat and produce at both stores. The Grocery Outlets we check the whole store. I plan on what will be for dinner for the week with what deals we find(instead of going with a grocery list)-
    Tonight will be baked salmon, green salad and rice or potato(everyone gets to pick)
    One night will be Italian turkey sausage(Jenni-O for only .99!!) with onions, celery, potatoes and a little jalapeno
    One night will be grilled chicken breast- have two packs- for either a big salad topped with chicken or just to have with veggies and pasta(maybe an Alfredo sauce.
    One night will be grilled ham and cheese (cheese was on sale for $5 for 2lb bag)

Got everything put away, had a cup of tea so while husband is napping, I am going to go work on pruning more of the roses and raspberry plants- most of the raspberries are done with the cuttings put in the ground to hopefully get some to start for my mom. I found some raspberries still coming on- not as sweet as summer time but crazy to have them still coming on the first of Feb. I cut them off and put them in a vase- they look nice. Plus, really needed to get them pruned.

vtqw6gv7fu5c.png

Need to get off my butt and get working in the front before it gets too cold or dark.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA