WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP (Mon); fire district: unlock cell, retrieve voicemails, call forward to HD, NFIRS incident number corrections, AFG grant work prep, NIMS research, FEMA.GO registration, firehall; Tuesday: DDS, J re: debit card pin,
    Bonus: NFIRS input training=S, NFIRS forms headers=R –elephant sandwiches
    Get to do: take BP, Post Office, bank, dogs to powerline, fire district: order v6 training textbooks, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files; call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    1: Send someone a message to say how much they mean to you: verbal to Joe, bday card to Cubby.
    2: Ask a friend how they’ve been feeling lately: Joe’s eyes.
    3: Do an act of kindness to make life easier for someone else:

Skimmin’ to catch up after spending most of the past few days on firehall stuff. Not sanguine about the vehicle grant but grateful to S and R for their help. Actually delegated tasks to ‘em, yay me!

Debbie in Napa, thanks for the Air Fryier info. Tempting… and if I got it I could donate our current toaster oven, toaster, humungous rotisserie and old plastic dehydrator. Win win WIN.
    Annie “…I would skip a lot more without the group meeting….” Oh yeah, this is why my solo BB&B and TC just aren’t happenin’. I look forward to when Joe’s vaccinations are solid and I can return to those in-person classes. Want to remember how I miss them now, when in future I get lazy and don’t want to go… ;}
    Carol your eyes sound like mine. Was never interested in Lasik, the idea of someone cutting my eyeballs with lasers :noway: Grateful for my ultra light weight Silhouette progressive transition glasses. Put them on before arising and keep on (except in shower) till turning off the bedside reading lamp, but do have to be careful to adjust my head angle when stepping down.

Only through pg 5 but falling asleep at last…

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 2, weigh/wii: Mon=1/12/36 Tue=2/1/0, steps>5627=Mon:4035/Tue:2363 not a good start to the month, vits=2, log2, CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=1 Shadow=1 mfp=2 outside=0 up hill=0
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7: 2/14: 2/21: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=1 play=1 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

My suggestion for the air fryer is to get one of the better priced ones, no need for the expensive ones, especially if you don't know if you are going to use it a lot.
    I love my air fryer but keeping my big plastic dehydrator- it was my grandma's which is a plus but because I have I think 7 trays(bought 2 extra at the thrift store) so I can dry a lot at one time- it got a work out right before Christmas drying persimmons, mango, pineapple, apples. Before that I used it non stop for cat nip(had to have it out in the garage because the cats were going crazy with the smell- did ONE batch in the air fryer, and had all the cats going crazy in the kitchen plus husband didn't like the smell of it). Next summer I will use my new drying rack for some of the cat nip- the thing is HUGE, so much bigger than expected- all net, 8 shelves I think and hangs taller than I am and almost 3ft across. It is so big I don't know where to hang it

Debbie
    Napa Valley.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Michele, - the info I have read on the air fryer lid from IP is that it only does very small portions. I'm not tempted. I do use my oven for fries etc.

Our Zoom was lovely. One friend who had enrolled for a covid trial had a scare of chills and temperature. She had to go through lots of protocols , which resulted in 4 tests, including one at the hospital. She was negative four times and is getting the real jab next week. She was given a placebo on the trial. Fortunately she was a doctor, so understood the whole thing. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am running errands again. This time I’m on my own. I’ll be dropping off beverage cans to the food bank & then heading to Walmart for a few things. I look forward to some empty space in the garage. I want to get the Christmas boxes up the ladder and out of the way.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,156 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 46.28min, 19.4amph, 581elev, 141ahr, 160mhr, 15mi= 503c
    Strava app = 398c
    Walk w/family- 1hr 30min, 39sec, 95elev, 90ahr, 116mhr, 5.27mi= 476c
    Strava app = 639c

Total cal 979
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,534 Member
    Options
    i6ecwbbgwebl.jpeg
    Athena has wheels! Son said they just got it yesterday, so she hasn't actually propelled herself forward, but once she does, those poor two dogs!😋🙃😁
    Son said that she isn't in day care anymore, he is caring for her, and fitting in his college courses online. I told him with the right video anything is possible!💖 Wife is working full-time at the pediatric clinic, so he's quite the Mr. Mom. Hopefully son can get into a Daddy playgroup, once everyone's vaccinated.👍
    Thanks for all the nice comments. Last night I tried on the wiggle dress, and though still quite a deal to get into, I don't have to unzip it, and it feels more comfortable, once my girls get to where they're supposed to be.😁
    Today, I am scrubbing the oven inside door. I think its baked on from the previous tenant, I did not do this! I have 2/3's of it clear, so there's hope, with enough vinegar spray, baking powder and elbow grease.
    I don't know what I am eating today. Might wait until afternoon, and fix son my zucchini, kielbasa, cabbage, onion, and baby potato pan dinner meal. I will add scrambled eggs to my bowl! And ketchup. I know strange, but the taste of ketchup on cabbage and sausage is homey to me.💖
    Hugs ladies
    Rebecca
    In sunny, but cold and windy
    Whidbey
    Washington

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    walked, today
    took care of legal/work stuff
    dentist appointment
    worker's rights stuff
    a few things at grocery shop

need to get some ink CHECK
    required meeting about sexism and harassment etc. CHECK
    there are 3 times possible and I forgot yesterday and arrived half way through.
    I want to see half I missed today.
    it was interesting. a good reminder of things seen a couple of years back elsewhere. and the trainer this time was much better.

and the usual
    uncluttered CHECK
    thesis ONLY 2 PAGES OF READING BUT AT LEAST IM DOING A BIT EACH DAY___PROGRESS
    corrections CHECK
    a bit of time on recumbant...NO AND IT SEEMS LATE; I0 PM IM AFRAID EXERCISING SO LATE WILL KEEP ME UP

short call with colleague... CHECK

plus
    get ink and print doc, scan and send CHECK

I'm gonna plan tomorrow. making progress.
  • Katla49
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Kylia Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

We are going to go into the deep freeze for about a week. Got groceries yesterday and doing laundry today.
    Got Drew's new flannel harness coats. They will add another layer for the 5-10 minutes I will take her out. Our high on Sunday will be minus 1. This is dangerous cold. We will playing lots of running games inside.

We are also in process of getting garbage disposal our 25 year old rusted through. I am so glad have the new dish pan. It has handles so I can carry the water to the bathroom. It should only be a day or two to get a new one.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,164 Member
    Options
    Half an hour late for work and still not there yet. Sitting on bus in crawling traffic.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: There are adults who would put us on their calendar but this task is not too difficult and we have done it many times over the years. I want to put things away so that the most important things are easy for me to find next Christmas season. There are no available teenagers in this neighborhood. We will be able to get it done.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Michele: Last week you were talking about Mint ice cream. I am DEFINITELY a chocolate ice cream-AHOLIC! But it has to be CHOCOLATE! Lately I've been splurging on Rebel's Triple Chocolate which is keto and only 5g net carbs (or something like that). You buy it by the pint, so I never have more than a pint in the freezer! AND I only allow myself to eat it on the weekends when I have exercised a lot more!

Rebecca: I LOVED the pictures! You're very beautiful my dear! I loved the dress (and the SHOES!) and your smile looks TERRIFIC!

Lisa: your jeans hot pads are cute! What a great idea!

Kylia: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Pip: The virtual map of your "ride" this morning - it looks like you were riding out into the water!! Fun!! :smiley:

Today I stopped in at a Fitness Center (it's on my way home from work) and got a membership. It's mostly Seniors because it's part of a senior center (in Reynoldsburg). I like that they have a small weight room, and yoga classes and aqua aerobics! It'll give me something different to do as I'm getting bored with my treadmill! Lol.

My yogurt turned out great and I've really been enjoying it this week. Tomorrow I'm going to make my own granola to put in it as well! Yum!

❤️ Teresa in OH
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Kylia: 92b30wvm2hi8.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Kylia!!

Welcome back Vicki!

We have had some sun today. Yay! Gotta love those sunbreaks even if it is still cold. I was doing really well on food last week but not so well this week. I need to come up with a better plan and write it down. I do much better if I plan ahead in detail. Exercise is not bad though. I have been trying to get in at least 7500 steps per day and I have been succeeding for the last week and one half.

ptt84i9llcvr.jpg

Moonrise, looking to the east from our driveway last Thursday.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA