WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    My zoom sessions have started again last night had a bingo and quiz part of the quiz was identifying songs and singers, life lyrics. I love music but I’m hopeless at identifying titles from lyrics. But it was nice to see the guys again and we had a laugh.
    Got a knit and natter group this afternoon so need to get my exercise in.
    Here in Liverpool we have one of the COVID variants and May be getting what govt is calling purge testing which they are already doing in some other areas of the country

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I can get almost anything I want over here in Brighton and Hove, as it's a foodie hot spot and anything I can't get is available online.
    However, the one thing I can't buy, because it's illegal over here, is coca tea. It was a lifesaver when I was in Peru. My normal cuppa was not not easily available and I drink at least 5 large mugs a day of PG Tips pyramid bags in true British style. I never thought anything else could substitute, as it would be my choice of a luxury to take to a desert island! But the coca tea proved to be a wonderful stand in, and has the added advantage of helping you to tolerate altitude.
    The fresh leaves are by far the best, but a teabag is better than nothing. I would say it has the same effect as a good cup of coffee. I illegally brought some teabags back with me and they are languishing at the back of the cupboard. I came back in 2001. :D Keeping them for old times sake.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP (Mon); fire district: unlock cell, retrieve voicemails, call forward to HD, NFIRS incident number corrections, AFG grant work prep, NIMS research, FEMA.GO registration, firehall; Tuesday: DDS, J re: debit card pin,
    Bonus: NFIRS input training=S, NFIRS forms headers=R –elephant sandwiches
    Get to do: take BP, Post Office, bank, dogs to powerline, fire district: order v6 training textbooks, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files; call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    1: Send someone a message to say how much they mean to you: verbal to Joe, bday card to Cubby.
    2: Ask a friend how they’ve been feeling lately: Joe’s eyes.
    3: Do an act of kindness to make life easier for someone else:

Skimmin’ to catch up after spending most of the past few days on firehall stuff. Not sanguine about the vehicle grant but grateful to S and R for their help. Actually delegated tasks to ‘em, yay me!

Debbie in Napa, thanks for the Air Fryier info. Tempting… and if I got it I could donate our current toaster oven, toaster, humungous rotisserie and old plastic dehydrator. Win win WIN.
    Annie “…I would skip a lot more without the group meeting….” Oh yeah, this is why my solo BB&B and TC just aren’t happenin’. I look forward to when Joe’s vaccinations are solid and I can return to those in-person classes. Want to remember how I miss them now, when in future I get lazy and don’t want to go… ;}
    Carol your eyes sound like mine. Was never interested in Lasik, the idea of someone cutting my eyeballs with lasers :noway: Grateful for my ultra light weight Silhouette progressive transition glasses. Put them on before arising and keep on (except in shower) till turning off the bedside reading lamp, but do have to be careful to adjust my head angle when stepping down.

Only through pg 5 but falling asleep at last…

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 2, weigh/wii: Mon=1/12/36 Tue=2/1/0, steps>5627=Mon:4035/Tue:2363 not a good start to the month, vits=2, log2, CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=1 Shadow=1 mfp=2 outside=0 up hill=0
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7: 2/14: 2/21: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=1 play=1 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    A food that I think of often and miss always is ceviche. A wonderful fresh ceviche with conch and octopus bits added into the fish mixture. Fresh tomato, pepper and onion and fresh lime.... my mouth is watering. Last month when Machka asked about "what dinner would we want most (?)" For me it would be a couple of cups of ceviche with fresh crackers and bottomless bloody mary's on a beach, toes in the sand...(My brain might stay in this place for a few minutes....ahhhhh)
    The small tourist town I live in has a huge variety of cuisine to choose from. Chinese, Korean, Thai, Mexican (a few choices), Italian, and of course many pizza, sandwich shops, burger places, american grill type places. During Covid most of these places stayed open with delivery only, or it they had the space they set up outdoor dining (fresh air or igloo type rooms). The food trucks have also been doing a booming business. Some of them have organized and they move around so that they are in different parts of town/neighborhoods each day. Pretty ingenious.
    It is Wednesday, so we are doing some snow science today. We will be making snow volcanos outside, while we play, then I am going to have each child make a snowball and bring it inside, to see what happens. At age 2 and 3, most of them don't know that they will melt. Should be fun.

Day three of being a bit more mindful about what I am stuffing into my gaping maw. I have also done a good job about getting out and walking. Thanking God and nature that it is staying lighter longer. I am not a fan of walking in the dark. It has nothing to do with being afraid; it has everything to do with not being able to see things and the dark is kind of depressing.

Kids arriving soon. I better get things going. Pancake day for them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Good February 3,
    My husband woke me up with two teddy bears in purple Shelby sweatshirts, a diamond Shelby necklace, and two Shelby journals. He said the journals because I had mentioned I needed one-ahhh! Yes, we love our Shelby and have a second one on order.
    I said as I was walking that all I wanted to do was curl up and go to sleep. That is what I did! I got in my steps and water, sat in recliner to read my book and promptly fell asleep! Ouch! My hips weren't happy with me as my legs were curled up under me. Woke up, set up coffee for this morning, went to bed, tried to read, fell asleep. The walk did help with CICO though! Ended up only 150 calories over.
    So for yesterday
    Hot tub-yes
    Steps- 10,171
    Water- 52 oz of 50 oz
    Protein- 17% (fats were 48%!) Day looked great until cheesecake!

Yogurt and lactose intolerance- I can handle lactose in small quantities (milk and ice cream) Yogurt seems to work pretty well. The store bought one I like most is Stoneyfield organic Probiotic whole milk plain. It isn't sour, doesn't require sweetener. I like it with berries, cinnamon, and usually granola because I like crunchy. With no gallbladder I have to watch too fatty/rich/sweet foods too often. I do well most of the time if I am paying attention. Go on an ice cream binge and I am in trouble. It has gotten better over the years, but occasionally rears its nasty head! I may have to try yogurt in IP......

I reckon I should get ready for work-ugh. I really just want to stay home today. I sure hope it goes just a little smoother......

Today is a new day full of infinite possibilities!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where it is white and peaceful even if cold outside.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @LisaInArkansas it's also to make non dairy yogurt (soy, etc) in IP.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    walked, today
    took care of legal/work stuff
    dentist appointment
    worker's rights stuff
    a few things at grocery shop

need to get some ink
    required meeting about sexism and harassment etc.
    there are 3 times possible and I forgot yesterday and arrived half way through.
    I want to see half I missed today.
    it was interesting. a good reminder of things seen a couple of years back elsewhere. and the trainer this time was much better.

and the usual
    uncluttered
    thesis
    corrections
    a bit of time on recumbant...

short call with colleague...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Stonyfield organic whole milk yogurt is one of the best starter yogurts for a home-made IP batch…
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    KYLIA

yy6mg82glux5.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Dee: Sorry for your frustrating day. I hope you get two or three really great days so that you feel better. :star:

Karen: Lovely photo. :flowerforyou:

Heather: “I can get almost anything I want over here in Brighton & Hove. . .” Your comment reminded me of Arlo Guthrie & Alice’s Restaurant. We have not gone out for a meal in a long time due to CoVid issues. A local Thai Restaurant is open for take-out only and the food is excellent. We also have a Subway Sandwich shop that is open. I use regular wraps & DH gets gluten free buns. :smiley:

Kylia: DH & I are also lactose intolerant. There is a product called lactaid that comes in tablet form. You might already use it. I always have some in my car in case we go someplace to eat that cooks with milk or cream. I love cheese cake, and seldom have any, but when I do, I take lactaid before the first bite. It works very well for me. :star:

We have boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations in our garage. I’m hoping to get DH to help me put them back up into the garage attic today. I’m sick and tired of looking at them and all of the clutter in the garage.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just skimming. Catch up later.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😁🙂🌞
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I just ordered two sweaters from Amazon. I hope that I will like them. Two that I have loved for a long time are falling apart from use. :ohwell:

The garage is still a mess & DH isn't feeling like helping me with getting the boxes up the ladder. I hope things change enough to get the garage cleared out. I'm tired of waiting to get the Christmas boxes back up into the storage space.

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    hekkkrdwpp2o.png
    Our ride this morning b4 going on our walk