Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• pfeiferlindseypfeiferlindsey Member Posts: 115 Member Member Posts: 115 Member
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles
  • SummerSkierSummerSkier Member, Premium Posts: 2,421 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,421 Member
    So confused. Both threads have the same title.... Can someone close the other one?
  • martaindalemartaindale Member Posts: 685 Member Member Posts: 685 Member
    So many new people this month! Welcome back @abowersgirl and welcome @gamommy2 and @jane_76!

• martaindalemartaindale Member Posts: 685 Member Member Posts: 685 Member
    I love the idea of a memorial run. Participating in ones we have done before really made me feel even more connected with this group and seemed like the type of memorial our running friends would have liked.
  • quilteryoyoquilteryoyo Member Posts: 3,350 Member Member Posts: 3,350 Member
    @Scott6255 Wow! That's an excellent HM time! I'm hoping to complete my first one in 3 hours. Yes, I'm really slow!
  • quilteryoyoquilteryoyo Member Posts: 3,350 Member Member Posts: 3,350 Member
    Nice running @SummerSkier ! Haha about having trouble keeping up with your rocket nikes. I think your paces are amazing.

@ContraryMaryMary I guess when you start doing things differently, you're going to feel it. You are so good at following the coach's plan, you are going to kill the 10K. Do you have a goal in mind?
  • kgirlhartkgirlhart Member Posts: 4,094 Member Member Posts: 4,094 Member
    May Goal: 100 Miles

5/2: 9.75 miles

9.75/100  miles completed for May

I had a really good 9.75 mile run this morning.  I probably should have gotten out earlier,  but I slept in a little.  It was 66°F with 96% humidity at the start and at the end it was 72°F but the humidity had fallen to 78%. It was warm and kind of muggy,  but I was so glad to see some sunshine that I didn't really mind.  I kind of hated to stop at 9.75, but by the time I got home I was pretty hot and I really needed to use the bathroom so I decided that 9.75 was good enough and I didn't have to go to 10.

I think the idea of a memorial run is great. I am in, unless tutus are mandatory and then I am out. 🙃 But seriously I think it's a great idea and I think the simpler the better.

Welcome @gamommy2 and @jane_76! And welcome back @abowersgirl!

@skippygirlsmom I am so glad you are able to run again!

@quilteryoyo Definitely sign up! You have plenty of time to train!

Great run @Scott6255! It was definitely humid today, but I was still glad it wasn't raining anymore. 

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • kgirlhartkgirlhart Member Posts: 4,094 Member Member Posts: 4,094 Member
    Way to go @quilteryoyo! You are definitely up to the challenge!
  • AvidkeoAvidkeo Member, Premium Posts: 2,845 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,845 Member
    Yay @quilteryoyo you totally for this. I'm in awe of your recovery!

@ContraryMaryMary I feel ya! I am doing more speed work atm and the butt hurt is real.

@SummerSkier nice work, and I wouldn't stress too much about HR

@skippygirlsmom omg thats awesome!! So so happy for you!
  • TrambomanTramboman Member Posts: 1,928 Member Member Posts: 1,928 Member
    You got this, @quilteryoyo. Just train as your plan requires and execute the plan. With all you've overcome, a half should be a breeze.