Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Pfizer for teens?

Options

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    fitom80 wrote: »
    py4uo4wt7fxx.jpg
    We got chipped, no third eye, no tail, just better 5G connectivity.

Funny you say that, when I went for my second dose I told the lady who was doing the screening that I didn't get my 5G bump from the first shot so I was expecting a REALLY big jump from the second one... she was still laughing as I walked away :smiley:
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    My son (13) just got his first shot. Will let you know if there are any reactions to it in a few days...
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I see that MFP changed the category from motivation and support to debate, haha...have fun with that you all! :blush:
  • NVintage
    Options
    Sorry to you all who think TMI!!!! but this isn't misinformation...I have always been very regular, predictable and so I know for sure this is a side effect. :/So until I know for sure, why, I'm holding out a little longer before making my daughter's appt...
    https://whowhatwhy.org/2021/05/15/how-the-moderna-vaccine-got-us-talking-about-periods/
  • NVintage
    Options
    So apparently if I'm understanding this right, the immune response can cause estrogen levels to rise. So I probably wouldn't worry for a son or if my daughter were a little older, but she is about a year away from starting menstruation and I worry about giving her something that alters her hormone levels, right now. I'll keep looking into it, though, and might reevaluate if we have an outbreak this Autumn or if a new variant looks more dangerous for kids. Right now, there's not high risk for contracting it in our area. I am still glad to have gotten it myself, but wish that particular side effect was listed with the others...
    Here is an interesting video talking about estrogen and Covid(from 9 months ago)
    https://youtu.be/1DiF7zYMbnQ
  • NVintage
    Options
    She doesn't mind wearing masks because she's getting braces on her teeth this year, haha...
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    NVintage wrote: »
    So apparently if I'm understanding this right, the immune response can cause estrogen levels to rise. So I probably wouldn't worry for a son or if my daughter were a little older, but she is about a year away from starting menstruation and I worry about giving her something that alters her hormone levels, right now. I'll keep looking into it, though, and might reevaluate if we have an outbreak this Autumn or if a new variant looks more dangerous for kids. Right now, there's not high risk for contracting it in our area. I am still glad to have gotten it myself, but wish that particular side effect was listed with the others...
    Here is an interesting video talking about estrogen and Covid(from 9 months ago)

If you have an outbreak this fall and your daughter isn't vaccinated, then she's at risk. Waiting to get your vaccine UNTIL there is an outbreak doesn't make sense, as you need weeks for the full protection to kick in.

I mean, I don't think anything is going to convince anti-vaxxers at this point, the behavior has already been decided and it's just searching for justifications. I'm just pointing this out for anyone on the fence reading this thread . . . waiting until you need the vaccine due to high rates in your immediate vicinity doesn't make sense.

@janejellyroll I can't watch the video right now, but can I assume that whatever effect the vaccine has on estrogen would also happen with natural Covid infection?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    NVintage wrote: »

If you have an outbreak this fall and your daughter isn't vaccinated, then she's at risk. Waiting to get your vaccine UNTIL there is an outbreak doesn't make sense, as you need weeks for the full protection to kick in.

I mean, I don't think anything is going to convince anti-vaxxers at this point, the behavior has already been decided and it's just searching for justifications. I'm just pointing this out for anyone on the fence reading this thread . . . waiting until you need the vaccine due to high rates in your immediate vicinity doesn't make sense.

100% correct. This behavior is incredibly irresponsible and selfish.