Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Rori – hugs to you and to Mars

RVRita – glad the doctor helped hubby understand the affects of his choices

Karen VA – sending a fist bump to Andrew!!!

Smiles, Kim in Northern California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 33min 40sec, 117elev, 83ahr, 100mhr, 3.34ap, 5.24mi= 487c
    Strava app = 636c
    Walk to gym- 11.31min, .54mi= 49c
    Strava app = 66c
    Spin bike at gym= 32.01min, 123ahr, 152mhr, 12-18gear, 20.61amph, 11mi= 351c
    Spin bike at gym- 18.26min, 118ahr, 142mhr, 10-13gear, 16.27amph, 5mi= 165c
    Walk gym to home- 11.48min, .51mi= 60c
    Strava app = 62c

Total cal 1112
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Rori- sending prayers. I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through- praying for strength and peace.

Made a huge pot of gumbo yesterday while husband and his friends went out to lunch. The went to Shabuya- a shabu shabu all you can eat buffet. They ate so much that none of them were hungry when it was time for dinner.
    I had gumbo alone. TONS of left overs. May need to freeze some. I will take one container up to mom's on Friday. She needs my help this weekend-weeds are taking over and cucumbers are coming on too much so she wants to make bread and butter pickles- will be fun to can with her.

Zumba tonight-fixed my guard that goes in my mask to make it stay away from my mouth so I can breath a little better.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Firm Maximum Cardio Burn DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love’s Extremely Ripped DVD.

After exercise went to Aldi, stopped at Kohl. I saw this really really nice bedspread for the condo, only they didn’t have a queen size in stock, even online. Boo. Then went to Food Lion because Vince needed milk, I wanted some for yogurt, and got sweet potatoes that were on sale. With my coupon, it cost all of 57 cents.

Made sauerkraut now it’s fermenting. Making the sweet potatoes in the air fryer, yogurt is in the smaller IP, cut up a peach (Aldi had them on sale) to dehydrate but I think the other peaches need to ripen a bit more.

Sue WA – why don’t you teach, at least part time or as a sub for the lady who usually teaches the water class?

Ginny OH – congrats on not smoking

pip – I think the hygienist is just going to continue to recommend the CloSys, not tell me that I can use a cheaper brand. That’s why I wouldn’t even bother asking her. She’ll insist that I need the CloSys.

Just came in from the pool. Ceramics tonight

Anne DE – I hear ya about the sugar. Sometimes I find that I have too much and then crave more and more. One thing that helps me stop is if I have something sour. Like I may take a tbs of vinegar when I get those cravings. Right now I’m drinking a lot of ice tea with lemon to squelch that desire.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Michelle - I did sub for that teacher before Covid but then everything shut down and now most of the leadership has changed. I did talk to someone about subbing again but they need to find out if the paperwork is still good or I have to re-do it.

Annie - I am so with you on the sugar. It is my biggest struggle with eating.

Barbara - enjoy your Shadow enforced beach walks. Dude, my son's labradoodle loves running on the beach since they moved to San Diego but son is not too enamoured of all the sand in his car afterward. He is still looking for an easy way to get sand out of a doodle coat.

I am working today on organizing things for when Mom moves in. Beginning to feel like I am making some progress.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Rori: (((hugs))) It's such a comfort when you can find a good place at this stage in a loved one's illness.

Karen VA: It's a sad fact that some 'people' still have more influence than others in this day and age. Hang in there. Don't let the blighters get you down.

Early morning grocery run, then met up with some gardening friends for coffee and a visit round a nearby walled garden. It was a brilliant morning. I was amazed at how busy the walled garden was. Luckily we got into the outdoor coffee shop before the crowds arrived.

☘️Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim — Your smiles are terrific. I needed one just now. Thank you! :bigsmile:

I went to yoga this morning and enjoyed it. I have picked blueberries this morning and afternoon from two of my bushes, washed them, and put them on a big cookie sheet headed for the freezer. I have three bushes. One is done, two is likely to be done tomorrow and three is loaded with berries. After I picked many today. I put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. I think I will get quite a few more tomorrow.

Now I am ready to work on my knitting project for our unborn grandson. It is a cozy baby blanket. I fixed previous goofs and am making good progress with the project. I have plenty of time to get it done right. Baby is due right about Thanksgiving, near the 18th of November.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hugs to Rori. You are so strong.

Allie-Unfortunately, I think many kids prefer just sitting around playing on their phones all day. Do what you think will be fun to do with Taliah.

Annie-Hang in there. You can do it!

Frustrations today:
    So something frustrating with MFP...I am trying to track macronutrients and on the computer, it has the protein value in purple, but on the app on my phone, fat is purple! Can't they be consistent!

In addition, I use a rental management company for a property I own and I have been trying to reach them by phone about a charge that they did not explain on my statement. No one answers, the auto attendant sends me to a voicemail box that is full, and no one ever replies to my email messages. Ugh.

Rebecca-You, Go!

Spoiler Directions, in case someone needs to know:

1. Type what you want in the spoiler the window.
    2. Highlight it.
    3. Click the little down arrow next to the paragraph icon (¶) at the top of the text box.
    4. Choose "Spoiler".

I tested these on my phone and it works the same way for me.

Have a great week.

Tina in CA

• pipcd34
    Options
    Yyyyyy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    My stuff finally dried goodness and will watch Love boat tonight.. and will do some packing and will put some stuff in the car tomorrow.
  • PatriciaNeves2015
    PatriciaNeves2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello, again. Im trying to join the group. I posted a few days ago but didn't understand how to bookmark, and I guess my post is in the clouds somewhere!

Can anyone send instructions on how to find the place in the thread? Thanks.

I need to lose 22 lbs to get to my normal weight. I'm doing ok, but Im social and support is wonderful. I will be checking in daily and can be supportive to others.

Thanks,

Pat in Houston, TX
  • PatriciaNeves2015
    PatriciaNeves2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just bookmarked as I normally do a site. I hope this works!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options

When you bookmark you "save " the thread not your place in the thread.
  • Machka9
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

When you bookmark you "save " the thread not your place in the thread.

However, @PatriciaNeves2015 you can do a search for your post within the thread. I see you've made two posts in this thread, both here on Page 11.

Machka

• Machka9
    Options
    I have decided that I may take up ceramics. I have looked into a drop in evening, which are Wednesday’s 6-9. It is $15 plus the cost of your piece. I thought it might be a good way to meet some local people and start to be part of the community. I’m feeling very lonely and miss having a friend nearby.

Tracey in Edmonton

Great idea! :)

• pipcd34
    Options
    Iiiiii
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Katla – I have a big bag of blueberries in my freezer, too

Allie – enjoy yourself, as much as you can

Pat TX – welcome!

Tracey – Food Lion has this “shop and earn” program. If you spend a certain amount in a department, you get some money off. Like I spent $10 in dairy so I got $2 off. Then, we got the Newcomer cake and I got another $3 off. Unfortunately, you can’t save it (like I couldn’t use $2 today and $3 the next time I shopped) so I made sure I bought at least $5 worth of stuff. Our ceramics is free but if you purchase your bisque you have to pay them something for the paint and the use of the kiln. All in all, it’s pretty good. To me, it’s very relaxing. Good luck!

Michele NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Rori … so very sorry.