• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    <3Rori
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    My dear brother, Greg, entered a residential hospice center on Sunday. He is comfortable and pain free now. His cirrhosis has reached a level where it affects brain function. Doesn't eat, move or talk much. End is close.

The facility and people are wonderful, just as they were nine short weeks ago when my DH was in their care. I now know more about the signs of end of life than I ever thought I would.

I am at peace and sleep remarkably well. But the grief pangs hit me very hard when i am bumbling about my home seeing the guys' things and pictures. Greg has lived with us almost two years and has definitely left his energy, influence and spirit in out home.

Now it's just me and one very spoiled cat facing our losses and keeping each other walking outside in the sun and taking therapeutic naps.

I can already feel the tide of compassion and virtual hugs this group is so noted for. Thank you in advance my friends. Got you in my pocket and in my heart.

Stay well.

Rori
    Tears Flowing
    In Colorado Foothills

I’m so sorry, our thoughts are with you
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    (((Rori)))
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Before I go to sleep, wanted to send some love and comfort to you, Rori! ❤
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Allie - since you used to work for a dentist I have a question for you. The last time I was at the dentist the hygienist recommended CloSys. The only thing I can see that it might do for me is reduce placque. I don't have any mouth sores. Is there a reason why you couldn't use another brand of mouth rinse? Vince uses one that kills placque, too.

Michele NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Rori -- so much love to you during this time.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    My dear brother, Greg, entered a residential hospice center on Sunday. He is comfortable and pain free now. His cirrhosis has reached a level where it affects brain function. Doesn't eat, move or talk much. End is close.

The facility and people are wonderful, just as they were nine short weeks ago when my DH was in their care. I now know more about the signs of end of life than I ever thought I would.

I am at peace and sleep remarkably well. But the grief pangs hit me very hard when i am bumbling about my home seeing the guys' things and pictures. Greg has lived with us almost two years and has definitely left his energy, influence and spirit in out home.

Now it's just me and one very spoiled cat facing our losses and keeping each other walking outside in the sun and taking therapeutic naps.

I can already feel the tide of compassion and virtual hugs this group is so noted for. Thank you in advance my friends. Got you in my pocket and in my heart.

Stay well.

Rori
    Tears Flowing
    In Colorado Foothills

((((( :heart: )))))
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    August Plans

• Run a 6.2 km event on August 1.
    • Run at least one 5 km distance. Plus shorter runs.
    • Cycle a 50 km route. Plus shorter rides.
    • Pilates and strength training at home.
    • Climb Mount Buller virtually as part of a stair climbing challenge at work. Mt Buller is a mountain that is close to where I lived in Victoria for my first few years in Australia. It is 1805 metres = 502 floors * 20 stairs/floor.
    • Audax meeting and "work" - that's the long distance cycling club of which I'm President (and hold several other positions).
    • Designing two 50 km routes for Audax. One of need to be in southern Tasmania which is challenging. The other can be up north which is easier.
    • My husband's and my medical appointments. We've both got appointments on Monday and Tuesday this week!
    • Plus, of course, my 2021 To Do List: getting organise, simplifying, etc.

That's all in addition to almost full-time work (data) and caring for my husband who has a severe traumatic brain injury and heart issues (heart attack in May).

Machka in Oz

Done!

• Run a 6.2 km event on August 1.
    • Run at least one 5 km distance. Plus shorter runs.
    • My husband's and my medical appointments. We've both got appointments on Monday and Tuesday this week!

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Everyone ! Wow for the sewing and knitting !; you must (or must have -if in the past) really enjoyed it! so creative!
  • bananasandoranges
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Evelyn, that is one tiny ...lizard?
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "

Whine.
    In light of the resurgence (up from average <3 cases/day to an average of 11 cases/day the past 5 days) and arrival of the delta variant in our tiny county, Joe has asked me to consider carefully my activities. Yah. Thinking must forego indoor activities with known unvaccinated, like line dancing. Folks at T’ai Chi all claim to be vaccinated, as do most (?) at church. Hard choices. Again. :

COVID response
    I feel for you here. Death rate is way down relative to infection, here in France. I have cheek kissed 2 rather close friends in past weeks (one in mask as we were on subway), but accidentally I cheek kissed a not close but fully vaccinated person after a meal together but I felt uneasy. I'd say there is next to zero risk but I just felt uneasy. I will continue to go out though. But I'm not touching people that much. Well Saturday a young girl climbed on me towards the end of a party and I didn't give it a thought, and we were several to spend the evening together - and I didn't even think about being worried. (though no cheek kisses)

Julie “ankle height motivation” sounds like a French translation of “my spirits are/energy is in my socks” :laugh:. Your clothing purchases look very stylish. Is the pool in your apartment complex? ((hugs)) of course this is the place to share the shadows as well as the brights. Sending healing thoughts for Thursday’s surgery.

Hmm, looks like scale’s showed below 2019’s ticker weight the past week. If sustained to the 15th will update. Yay!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe:2 , weigh/wii: 2/0/0; steps>6704=7642, vits=2, log=2, CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=0, Tumble=2, Shadow=3, mfp=2, outside=3, up hill=3, clean 10=0.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=, PW=. Thurs: Fri:TC=. Sat:PW=. rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 :P
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=0 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Barbara,
    About covid
    I'm sorry about those choices to make. I think the vaccinated are much more protected (not totally from contamination serious cases), so that can go into the balance. I am have been among the less worried after the first few months of hard lockdown and total uncertainty of what this things was. Though I was very quick to get a vaccine - as soon as it was possible - and I wash hands, disinfect and avoid contact - it's mostly for others. Now I feel a bit differently since any adult who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated here. Though contamination rates are up, death rates are only just barely, and have been on a downward trend here since November. In France we give cheek kisses. I have only kiss cheeked 2 rather close friends in the past year or so, only in the last few weeks. By accident I cheek kissed a person I know less - I wasn't thinking - and though he's fully vaccinated and not sick I felt uneasy. We had just spoken about the very rare cases of the vaccinated getting serious cases.

there was a big increase in cases here in April but not so in terms in of death rate.210p5c1sdnwv.png
    uzh5tfjgnnf6.png

Barbara
    Congratulations on the SV! (scale victory)
    Actually in France we do say something like "my morale is in my socks." I was being creative with the "ankle -height motivation." Thanks for the compassion and the well-wishes.

Karen, I'm sorry about the pump, mud, works, responsibility issues.
    I find that infuriating when xx listen better or only to men than women. It certainly happens here. I mention it often enough (not all the time at all but more than "nonce" and you can imagine that people are infuriated to hear that - though all, more or less, can't but agree that it's statistically a societal problem.
    When I was a homeowner (owner of where I lived with a yard and all) there were neighbour issues to deal with and construction works issues to deal with. Thought the yard was lovely, the issues like that I don't miss. Of course you are right not to sell with hidden issues. Here it's more or less illegal to. ("hidden flaws") though I'm not sure what is and isn't included.

• bananasandoranges
    edited August 2021
    Options

Stay well.

Rori
    Tears Flowing
    In Colorado Foothills

I am so sorry.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    good things done yesterday
    about 4h at library taking notes (plus 1h break!)
    pleasant meal out in company
    cooked some of my pantry stock
    (kasha that I use for breakfast cereal and kidney beans)
    got gas for scooter (it was out of gas! so I had to walk to get it!)
    basic home maintenance
    skipped alcohol when friend had a beer and glass of cider (as is normal in this context)
    I had 2 decaffeinated espressos!
    almost no sugar
    called friend who had accident and told him I'd call again in 2 days (he's getting operated today but his sons (about 15 and 17) are taking care of him.
    ordered book on amazon for days I can't make it to library
    Grateful
    pleasant, lowkey evening out w/ friend
    mild weather
    café
    decent session at library in afternoon from about 12 to 5
    library
    phone and computer are working reasonably well!
    new cardigans do the trick
    we stumbled upon this really central crepe place that has a full evening menu for 10 euros 20. (really cheap!)
    -A "complete" crepe (ham, egg, and cheese- but a vegetarian could skip the ham),
    -a big half plate of lettuce salad (w vinaigrette of course)
    -a sugar and butter crepe for desert
    -and a coffee OR a glass of hard cider
    The savory crepe is buckwheat - so GF- and the sweet one can be upon request.
    this place about 10 years ago had wheat mixed in with their buckwheat crepes - so I'm glad they came to their senses.
    Feel reasonably peaceful today

to improve ?
    more writing, note taking, planning of writing
    go home a bit earlier - and aim to sleep earlier so as to be fresher in morning to work
    get up earlier.
    morning: be more active and dynamic earlier on

Today
    Go to café and work (too short a window now to make it as planned to library)
    write back to D about meeting on Thursday
    30 min walk at least
    eye appointment
    some cleaning
    plan meeting and prep meeting tomorrow
    prep skin operation on thursday
    of course where sunscreen

<3<3<3<3<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Karen - I had to go searching through the back posts because I missed the one about the culvert. It was other people's comments that alerted me. I send all my sympathy. But it is a credit to you that your neighbour is prepared to go into battle on your behalf :) May this get resolved with fairness and alacrity. You are on your way. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx