kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Annie- Have fun! I am kissing my home folks in the dc area
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    RORI lots of hugs

Welcome new ladies

HEATHER a bit jealous of your time with grands. Loved it when mine were that age, tiring but lovely and such wonderful memories.

Sunshine gone, days of rain forecast ☔️

Kate UK ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Got a gift certificate for 25 bucks towards a pedicure and am splurging today and getting that done..
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I know mine is! Made it out to our retreat. Relaxed and breathed easy as soon as I hit "rocks and cows country". Just a MN-thang. It's wonderful out here... Beautiful building, surrounded by lush farmland. I'm actually quite amazed at how good it looks given the drought conditions in the state. I'll have to try to take some pix later on. Owner takes really good care of the site and landscape. Only minor inconvenience was the internet was out last night during an upgrade. You really don't know how much you depend on wifi until you can't get online!
    rgxgcfbr51q8.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Tracey in Edmonton, awe, I'm sorry about not in contact with your cousin. I had boatloads of cousins as a child. They'd come visit from Minnesota, and we'd all be sleeping everywhere in our neighborhood! One summer it was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, and I have a memory of seeing one of my cousins drunk in the grassy ditch, asleep! Now he's a Lutheran Minister in eastern Oregon.😁. But cousins are important as a child, because you got to play with kids that were family! I remember being amazed that I was related to them all! My job was to just keep our above ground pool clean! So now that we're all adults, the need isn't there, our families are each separate. I am friends with most of my cousins on Facebook, but we don't chat or anything.
    💖 Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Jjjjj
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- yes wasnt ir wonderful our childhood memories of cousins..mine are scattered everywhere now ,and we are the matriarchs and patriarchs of family and the glue that once held us together is all up in the heavens until we see each other again , but ohhh the sweet memories we have.. and i have a photographic memory so alot is ingrained up in my noggin..
    Had a lovely visit with a friend of mine who is due with a baby in 3 weeks.. her FIL is my friend that is moving in here and has the very fragile feelings about everything ,but we had a nice visit while we got our pedicures..
    And Boy I dont think ive ever packed quicker than i did today.. since I am only going for a few days its not going to be crazy..
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Rebecca- yes wasnt ir wonderful our childhood memories of cousins..mine are scattered everywhere now ,and we are the matriarchs and patriarchs of family and the glue that once held us together is all up in the heavens until we see each other again , but ohhh the sweet memories we have.. and i have a photographic memory so alot is ingrained up in my noggin..
    Had a lovely visit with a friend of mine who is due with a baby in 3 weeks.. her FIL is my friend that is moving in here and has the very fragile feelings about everything ,but we had a nice visit while we got our pedicures..
    And Boy I dont think ive ever packed quicker than i did today.. since I am only going for a few days its not going to be crazy..

I see💖. You having a photographic memory can be a blessing, or a curse huh?💖. Ahhh a pedicure sounds delightful! I know I might get one with my sisters when we all get together. I have decided to not shave my legs or underarms, for the sake of my sisters. I haven't shaved since 2019, and to shave for a 2 week visit seems ridiculous. Either accept me,or not, but I won't tolerate rude comments.
    💖Rebecca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Awe Penny your trip sounded idyllic! Did the ocean cooperate, no heavy swells? I am heading to my sisters on the 12th to 22nd, then to middle son's from 22nd to 27th! What an adventure, and life spontaneous! I don't know what I'm eating, as an OMADer, and eating one meal a day, it will be interesting. I will not make a big deal out of it.👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk W/family- 2hrs 32min, 57sec, 111elev, 79ahr, 94mhr, 8.14mi= 728c
    Strava app = 986c
    Walk to gym- 12.22min, .52mi= 49c
    Strava app- 63c
    Spin bike at gym- 37.53min, 123ahr, 155mhr, 12-16gear, 16amph, 10.1mi= 333c
    Walk gym to home- 11.41min, .53mi= 70c
    Strava app = 65c

Total cal 1180
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I’m back in 5th place 🚴🏻‍♀️ In the MS ranking. I’m almost at my 1k goal so I can get my jersey. I’m at $971.50!! I can taste it!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did Jari Love’s Extremely Ripped DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT.

After my walk, went to WalMart, bought gas, then to Michaels to return some yarn and got a skein of black since Halloween will be here and I’ll probably need it.

Heather – so sorry for your friends

I was surprised to see that WalMart is now again having someone sit at their door. At least they aren’t making you stand in line!

Looks like a beautiful day so I’ll probably go in the pool Update: I did

Allie – you definitely deserve that pedicure. Any idea who this thoughtful person is or was it anonymous?

How I remember the times with cousins. Playing etc. Good memories. Now people are so spread apart, it’s really a shame in one sense

Took my evening walk then played mahjongg by the pool. Maybe I’ll work some on the jigsaw puzzle that I’m doing.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    We were always closer to my cousins on mom's side than dad's side while we were growing up. Really miss the big holiday get togethers and the summer times when they all came to help with the produce-processing it was fun with everyone there.
    We will be getting together with some of my cousins on dad's side in a couple weeks. A few that were not able to come down from WA or from AZ for dad's service are coming to visit mom and we are going to get other cousins and my one aunt(and maybe another aunt, by marriage) Aunt Lynn is the last of 10 kids and loves getting everyone together.
    I stay in touch through FB more than anything else. Thankful for that- better than nothing.

Debbie