WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Still enjoying my time. Although incredibly humid, went for a short walk around the perimeter of the yard. Was dripping by the time I got back in! I think I'll just scrap today... LOL
    k90xqx7zlguf.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Today's pan is some yellow onions, 2 white mushrooms, kielbasa sausage, 1/4 cup of wild rice, cut up tomato, 1 tsp of chicken bouillon paste, some roasted garlic paste, and water to cover all the sauteed stuff.👍💖.
    For fruit its my normal cup of Simply grapefruit juice, an apple and a chocolate chip cookie!
    After everything I shall close my eating window tight!
    Aaaand tonight is Mexican dinner night, my favorite food, but I don't have sour cream, so there's that!
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Carol - my Bali bra has arrived. I have yet to try it on, but it looks good. I'm hoping that the band will not crush me. It looks stretchy. :) I only need a bra to wear under white, or light tops in the summer. Thanks for putting me onto them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ I hope you like your bra. I have found that it's not working as well as I hoped because the pointy ta=ta's show under my shirt. You might want to see how it looks before you take the tags off so you can return it if it doesn't look right. I guess I should feel blessed that mine aren't that large.

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 35min, 73elev, 80ahr, 91mhr, 3.39ap, 5.36mi= 475c
    Strava app = 649c
    Walk to gym- 10.54min, .52min= 47c
    Strava app- 63c
    Spin bike at gym- 58.06min, 16.52amph, 11-18gear, 133ahr, 160mhr, 16mi= 553c
    Walk gym to home- 11.03min, .56mi= 50c
    Strava app- 68c

Total cal 1125
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Do any of you crafty ladies out there make know how to make rag rugs?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie – I hope you enjoy time with your granddaughter and your daughter. :smiley:

Minicooper – I remember our military, including those who are stationed at home or deployed where they are needed. Our son is active duty. :star:

I had a lovely time with my yoga class this morning. Most of us are 50+ and we seem to get along well. It is a mix of men and women. The teacher is wonderful and I can’t imagine anyone who could do a better job leading. :heart:

Have a great day!

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Machka: I love the question about the 3 Olympic events. I've never been athletic, but fantasize about being either a (1) long distance swimmer; (2) figure skater, or (3) single tennis player.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    plans got changed for me this weekend- I was supposed to go to mom's to help her in the garden but she called a little bit ago- they have been painting primer in the living room and halls- it smells terrible. She is worried about me with my asthma so asked for me to come maybe next weekend.
    Was really looking forward to a weekend of just her and I-but , totally understand.
    So, we will enjoy the lasagna ,salad and raspberries that I planned on doing for her and I tonight(and have gumbo for tomorrow night).
    I just signed up for two merchandising jobs that have wonderful bonuses and are pretty easy(or at least they should be)- thought I was going to miss out on these beings they want them done this weekend.
    And, my friend I usually walk with but hasn't been available for the past few months, just messaged me and wants to walk tonight. YEAH- looking forward to that.
    Husband will be gone all day Sunday so I will do some sewing(catnip toys I think) and maybe walk with my friend again.
    I got a bunch of chores done today(gardening/cut the grass/cleared out the pantry so I could feed the stale stuff to mom's chickens.
    I was so busy that I forgot about eating until 2pm(just had my tea and a few dried apple slices early this morning).

Plans changed but looks like it will be a good weekend anyways.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    My brother passed yesterday in his sleep. I was sitting beside him at the hospice center, and noticed his breathing had stopped and there was a slight smile on his face. He looked so handsome. No signs of pain on his forehead or between the eyes. The hospice team of nurses, social workers, chaplain and volunteers were unbelievably supportive to both of us. Today I returned to thank them with a bag of Trader Joe goodies and a financial donation.

Heather: Thank you for giving to your local hospice in memory of Roz. Truly deserving organization. The retired fundraiser in me is flirting with the idea of getting active as a volunteer with the Denver Hospice. I am passionate about it.

I have set up Greg's online tribute page and sent it out to via email and text. Now I'm just sitting on my bed listening to a storm pass through and reveling in sentimental memories. 😢

Rori
    Staying strong and in the flow of life
    Colorado Foothills

I’m glad to hear that his passing sounded peaceful, just like my late husband. Hugs to you
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Rori- I am sorry to hear about your brother- it does sound very peaceful, especially the small smile.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options
    Rori - much love from Arkansas. Thinking about you.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Rori, hugs to you and may your brother rest in peace.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    (((Rori))
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did HIIT today then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a workout on the bosu

Went to the soup kitchen then the Green Room. We didn’t get ANY calls at the Green Room. I suspect that especially with these lockdowns, more and more people have been forced to get comfortable with computers so they are ordering their tickets online now. Just made a chocolate zucchini bread for Vince.

Katla – so glad you had such a good time at yoga

Went for my evening walk then played mahjongg.

Rori – I am so sad to hear this, but in a sense it’s probably somewhat of a relief. Now he isn’t in any more pain. You have such a big heart, I’m in awe.

Anne DE – thanks for the peace.

Now to take a shower.

Michele NC