• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Hugs Rori! My thoughts are with you!🙏💖
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Pip I think I missed the link to donations. Put it up or send me a message. Let's get a jersey!

*Rori* hugs.

Allie- it was rude to abruptly change the time when you are doing them a favor and of course your brother is rude too.

Spoilers for visual learners.
    pull down the chevron. click spoiler. type or insert between the spoiler codes.

9343nnbppj6i.png

So... It's been a week. My big accomplishment is I didn't rage quit this week. This is for sure going to be my last job and I've never rage quit before. So I almost seem to be looking for my opportunity. Did I mention students start Tuesday and that's the day 1/2 of my material will supposedly work because it doesn't before students populate. And apparently 3 AP preps isn't enough I've been assigned additional senior duties.

I've been stress eating, gaining weight and worse I feel bad. I have to figure out a way to get this under control.

I just caught up on 9 pages or so of reading. I need to come here more.

I had lots to say to many of the readers but too tired to type everything.

COVID notes
    1. You can get Delta even if vaccinated which means you can spread it.
    2. Delta sheds approximately 1000 times the virus load as the original virus
    3. it has an Rnaught of 6 making it as contagious or more than chicken pox.
    4. 99% of deaths in my area are the unvaccinated. So the vaccine doesn't stop you from being infected or spreading but still very effective at stopping death.

I messaged you the donation link, thx!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    My brother passed yesterday in his sleep. I was sitting beside him at the hospice center, and noticed his breathing had stopped and there was a slight smile on his face. He looked so handsome. No signs of pain on his forehead or between the eyes. The hospice team of nurses, social workers, chaplain and volunteers were unbelievably supportive to both of us. Today I returned to thank them with a bag of Trader Joe goodies and a financial donation.

Heather: Thank you for giving to your local hospice in memory of Roz. Truly deserving organization. The retired fundraiser in me is flirting with the idea of getting active as a volunteer with the Denver Hospice. I am passionate about it.

I have set up Greg's online tribute page and sent it out to via email and text. Now I'm just sitting on my bed listening to a storm pass through and reveling in sentimental memories. 😢

Rori
    Staying strong and in the flow of life
    Colorado Foothills

((((( :heart: )))))
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    (((Allie))) -- Sending good thoughts. I hope you enjoy time with your granddaughter and your daughter. :star:

(((Rori))) — I am sorry your dear brother has passed. I am happy for him that you were there. Kind for him, and difficult for you. Sending love your way. (((heart)))

I have been knitting a baby blanket for our unborn grandbaby. I’m making progress, but it is slow. I have knitted baby blankets for our daughters three, and for our son’s number 1 & now his #2. I am delighted to make a blanket for this little boy. We plan to travel to be there and take care of grandson #1 while his parents having his new brother later this year. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon .
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Rori Hugs and loving thoughts being sent your way!
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, Rori. This is a lot of huge change in a short amount of time. Hugs to you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Pip I think I missed the link to donations. Put it up or send me a message. Let's get a jersey!

*Rori* hugs.

Allie- it was rude to abruptly change the time when you are doing them a favor and of course your brother is rude too.

Spoilers for visual learners.
    pull down the chevron. click spoiler. type or insert between the spoiler codes.

9343nnbppj6i.png

So... It's been a week. My big accomplishment is I didn't rage quit this week. This is for sure going to be my last job and I've never rage quit before. So I almost seem to be looking for my opportunity. Did I mention students start Tuesday and that's the day 1/2 of my material will supposedly work because it doesn't before students populate. And apparently 3 AP preps isn't enough I've been assigned additional senior duties.

I've been stress eating, gaining weight and worse I feel bad. I have to figure out a way to get this under control.

I just caught up on 9 pages or so of reading. I need to come here more.

I had lots to say to many of the readers but too tired to type everything.

COVID notes
    1. You can get Delta even if vaccinated which means you can spread it.
    2. Delta sheds approximately 1000 times the virus load as the original virus
    3. it has an Rnaught of 6 making it as contagious or more than chicken pox.
    4. 99% of deaths in my area are the unvaccinated. So the vaccine doesn't stop you from being infected or spreading but still very effective at stopping death.

I made it! Thanks for your donation that pushed me to my goal. I got the email from MS and I sw my name on page 11 of the top fundraisers page, I also won a shirt!

83gzb6q6013z.png
    4c9e8d1120ln.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    kvwsyjia52fj.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Allie - although it would have been nice to spend some time with your brother, I bet you’ll have a better time with just you and Taliah.
    That was rude. I’m sorry, your family doesn’t treat you with much respect in my opinion.

Julie - I may try that next if this doesn’t help.

Lisa - I allowed this pain to change me too I’ve decided not to anymore and am in more pain. It’s a delicate balance. If I do this what will my pain be like tomorrow? I sympathize with you. I may have to ask someone to make a quilt like that for me for my daughter.

Our youngest daughter at age 20 had two slipped disks, it took over two years for her to get surgery and by that time she had a third starting to slip. I can’t believe how she managed that pain at such a young age. I have told her how much I admire her for what she had to put up with.

Kylia - maybe it’s time you and your son in law get new jobs or go on vacation at the same time, let them see the problems for themselves.

Heather - I’m sorry to read you are in pain. I’m happy to read you hard a nice time sitting with the Grands though!

Machka - I would train in:
    Gymnastics
    Swimming
    Kayak

Rori- I’m sending the biggest hugs and prayers.

Another day with 4 hours in meetings and again I’m behind on work and will have to go in and work this weekend. So frustrating.

The cloud cover today lowered our temperature from 32 yesterday to 19 today. It is very damp and humid more like East Coast than Alberta.

At least it’s the weekend!
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori,
    I sent a donation to Denver Hospice in your honor and in memory of your brother Greg. I am glad you were by his side when he died. I'm sorry for your losses and thinking what a launchpad you now stand on after helping your two guys with their end-of-lifes. Thank you for letting us share this poignant time with you.

Penny,
    That video. How inspiring and how beautiful. Golly, thanks!

Lisa,
    What a wonderful quilt inspiration. I love it.

Pip,
    I knew you'd reach your goal! That's who you are. And I adore that photo of you and your sweetheart.

Update on the muddy mess,
    It is my understanding that the Fixing-of-the-Screwup started yesterday. I am staying away, as it only serves to upset me and would make the workers nervous. Andrew will keep his eye on things over the back fence. I have not yet heard if he got anywhere with the County. :D

Granddaughter,
    Proud of my granddaughter, who was chosen to represent her swim club on the Virginia team at the USA Eastern Zones Swimming this week. They are doing well. I will go to see her last event this morning.

Does anyone have, or know anything about, quartz counters for kitchens and bathrooms?

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Karen - I have quartz/granite here and at my last house, but they came with the house, I didn't have to pay for them! Mine here are black with glittery flecks. I love them. If you can afford it, I say yes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    RORI so sorry 💔
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Rori all my condolences.