WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip – Congratulations on your fundraising success! Thank you for all that you do to support MS research. You are wonderful! :heart: The rag rug is charming! The video is well done. :flowerforyou:

Machka -- Happy Birthday to your DH! :star:

Terri Richards -- The rag rug is charming! I really appreciated the video showing how to make one. :flowerforyou:

Carol in GA -- I am sorry that your second eye surgery was unpleasant. I hope it has solved the problem. :heart:

We are having a quiet morning. It is overcast and chilly. Staying inside and cozy seems like a good idea.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Rained on and off all day. Sometimes heavily. Glad the gutter man didn't start!

Made heavenly Cauliflower Cheese for dinner. Lovely old-fashioned dish. Not slimming, but I managed 950 calories exercise, so I'm well in the black.

I've still got to rifle through some old photos to find the one I have in mind for my next Instagram post. The box is huge and far too heavy to carry downstairs, so I've got to put aside some time to search. Feeling guilty that I didn't get round to it. :o Tomorrow is another day. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Having the rest of my rice and sausage concoction, then eggs and toast. Snack will be grapefruit juice, slice of cheese, and 1/2 a Safeway chocolate chunk cookie and black coffee! Its crazy to think I added 3 tsps of sugar to each mug, having 4 mugs a day. That's 12 tsps I am not eating! Looked up cookie and the blasted thing is 330 calories! So will split it with husband.🙃😁

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie — You are doing a good job handling your granddaughter’s behavior. Rewarding bad behavior leads to more bad behavior. You are a wise grandma. 😘
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 31min 34sec, 2.70ap, 44elev, 80ahr, 95mhr, 8.30mi= 875c
    Strava app = 1006c

Because of the garage sale stops, didn’t have time to go to gym or ride. Also working on picking up stuff off the floor in garage.

Went for our8 mi walk, Our walking pace was slower than usual. We Hit 3 garage sales and found 3 things that I was looking for. Got a nite stand, small lamp, small faux plant and a duvet cover with a print that I love all for 18 bucks. Score! Spraying the end table and basket an off white color.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    Options
    💐 it’s my bedtime. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    My son drove his truck at the local car show! The guy working on it, drove it to our home on a trailer, and son got to drive it in the show. Still A LOT to do on the truck! Guy has had it going on 4 years. Son will not be taking it to Guam, so heck no rush!
    fqupe6sjoaht.jpg
    💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD for the bosu then took my walk. It started to rain while I was walking but that might have been a blessing in disguise. It caused me to walk faster. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Essentrics Classical Stretch DVD

Made more chocolate bran muffins, got the chicken ready to marinate for Vince to grill tomorrow, now have turkey meatloaves in the oven. Afterwards, I’ll probably put some peaches in the oven to dehydrate. I found that you have to put the fruit in a single layer to dehydrate it. That I didn’t know.

M – happy birthday to your hubby. What is he planning to do?

Pip – congrats on reaching your goal. And thanks for kiz for making that happen. Now get out there and ride like nobody’s business!!!! I know you can do it

Allie – Unfortunately, Talia sounds like a typical teen. I do hope PJ doesn’t turn out this way, but I fear that he will.

Bananas – I know that people used to make blankets for the homeless out of plastic bags. Good reuse for them!

Carol GA – glad to hear that the surgery went well.

Michele NC
    who is going to go on the recumbent bike since it’s raining out and then work on the jigsaw puzzle