WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I have been busy organizing my family photos to put in my suitcase. I have an album for my mom and one for dad, plus a small childhood album. I need to locate the Christmas album I made, when I got the crazy idea to fuse both Lee and my childhood holiday photos together in one book. In date order! Lee thought I had lost my marbles because I messed up our photo albums to make that. But something I put out during the holidays, the Gossett Holiday Tome.

I am down 2 more lbs, and sometime this weekend, need to find my measuring tape to measure myself, so I have some sort of starting point. The tape measure will be my friend monthly, more than the pissy scale.
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Growing up, one of my best friend's last name was Gossett- Not sure if you have any relatives down here. Her dad's name was Carroll- he and my dad were very close friends until Carroll passed away. The day my dad passed away, her sister posted that she was sure our dad's were sitting in heaving catching up.
    Debbie

I don't think so, but I'll check!😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMODAwe, don't admire me!🙃😂😁. I just don't make putting sugar in my coffee an option. I envision a big bowl, and every time I scowl when I sip my coffee, I put 3 tsp of sugar in my mental bowl. I used to drink 4 mugs no problem, a day! Eeek! Can you just see a weeks worth of sugar piled up!?? I keep saying to myself, I am not a hummingbird, I am a strong grizzly bear, just catching fish in a river! Or quietly munching on berries in the forest.
    💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Home again, home again, jiggity jig... GREAT scrap weekend. Restful. Got a LOT done.
    Happy Birthday Kim!
    ykcm47z8iyg3.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Kim, Happy Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy YOUR day, I declare it KIM day!💖👍
    81ccu2gb1qh4.jpg
    A pretty cake just for you.
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Pip- your yard sale finds are great! Those things here at a yard sale would probably be $40, too many people have raised prices on yard sale items and everyone else has followed suit.

Rebecca - I bet that made your son quite happy!

Allie - did you have to drive back to your home not the camp yesterday?
    I think a lot of teens get moody, but I was always one to be called out on it and I sure did it with my girls when they were teens. That’s great news about disability. I hope you get some rest today.

Kim - Happy Birthday!
    What a great way of handling your Godchildren. I’ve done things like that too. Teaching them consequences is a powerful lesson.

Our youngest was terrible for saying she was going to one friends house but switching and we couldn’t find her. Cells were a thing, but we didn’t allow our girls to have them. She didn’t understand how worried we would get. One night after trying to get her to understand we decided to show her. We told her we were going for groceries. We went to a movie too. She was in tears when we got home. She is 30 and hasn’t been living at home since she was 19, but if she’s going away for a weekend or something she still lets me know where she’s going and when she expects to be home.

Evelyn - a friend of mine was spending her last vacation night camping in BC last night when it started down-pouring. She was quite happy to see rain for the region, but was dreading packing up the campsite with the wet.

I had a wonderful visit with my daughter yesterday. Her pup is such a sweetheart and there are talks that of everything goes well I’ll be having another grandchild next summer. It will be a process for them but they are hopeful it will happen in October/November.

Today I am going to organize my paints I brought home and may go into work for just a couple of hours.
    I can’t decide if I want to just be behind starting my week or get caught up a bit to make the week easier.

Tracey in Edmonton

Yep! He is friends with the guy, and the guy pulled thru on his promise of getting the truck here for the show! I think the truck will stay here in WA and not go to Guam, because the heat might not be the best. Its not really a daily vehicle like his Japanese van is.
    Rebecca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    I did twenty minutes of walking! Yay! Especially good after I skipped dumbbells last night for a silly TV movie.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Other- housecleaning etc. 2hrs 51min 59sec, dusting, vacuum, laundry incl putting clothes away, wash yogi sweep, dust patio, sweep front entry = 801c
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3o:)<3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the Olympics this year. 🙂 And I watched all sorts of sports I don't normally watch!

I'm probably going to feel a little bit lost for a few days like I do when the Tour de France ends.

nfn5j5dta5vc.png

Machka in Oz

The Olympics are pretty much the only sports I watch- Will miss these for a short time but then the Paralympics will be starting and will watch them as well-

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to Machka's DH. Hope you had a nice day.

Happy, happy birthday Kim!!

Went to church this morning. Got shelves moved off the gazebo and into a storage area of the barn. Now to get things moved out of the library closet and out to the shelves. The things in question do not even belong to us but to DD's ex-boyfriend. We have been storing them for him for some time but now need the room for mom and he has since moved to a larger apartment so he needs to come get them.

Dentist appointment tomorrow.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,813 Member
    Options
    Heather- yes and grandma stuck in the middle
    You look adorable.. my granddaughter on the otherhand is trying to I guess be the most outrageous or stand out as much as she can.. she has a short plaid skirt with petticoat under it,with a dog collar with spikes butchie hair cut,fishnet gloves or stockings take your pick and safety pin earrings..making a statement dontcha think?
    Her best friend that she grew up with was Emme and now is Felix and is not aloud to talk to Taliah so now they sneak out in the middle of the night to see each other.. its all a hot mess..its like id like a Calgon take me away from this life moment yikes...
    Trudy and I did take a toodle up to have a nice seafood lunch and the server was very nice.. so it was very enjoyable. Alfie is fed and im in for the night so as of right now all is well!!
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Happy birthday Kim- hope it is a wonderful day
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    went to church this morning- Napa County is back on mandatory masks inside. Got in church and saw, at most, only six with masks on. Husband didn't go with me and now that he knows most aren't wearing them, I am pretty sure he will be staying home on the few Sundays he is off and could go. It wasn't a full house-many on vacation but still should have been a lot more with masks on

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,985 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Birthday. Kim
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Happy Happy Birthday Kim - Hope you have a wonderful day.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,813 Member
    Options
    Cant remember what i wrote and what i didnt,my cousin,called and now i think i did tell you this..the big money cousin his daughter is getting married next month in watch hill rhode island its a 3 day affair with dessert and cocktails friday night, wedding and reception and after reception Saterday and sunday brunch and oh yes the the wedding is black tie..the accommodations are 300-400 a night and we only got invited after other people canceled out really? That says alot about family dorsnt it? So we arent going i cant afford it anyway.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did Essentrics Classical Stretch DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

Allie – that’s wonderful that you were granted disability. Now if Tom wants lower alimony, that’ll be something more on your side. I’m happy for you. At $300-400 a night for the wedding, you’d think that the bride and groom would pick up that tab – or at least part of it.

Nice day today so I’ll probably go in the pool. I do want to get 3 more bottles of honey before they aren’t producing any more (around October)

Went in the pool, bought the honey (I think they might have undercharged me), then stopped at Dollar General to see if they got the Halloween dishtowels in – not yet.

Vince is grilling right now for next week. Have cod, hamburgers (that I want to get out of the freezer), and chicken.

Went for my evening walk then played mahjongg. Took a shower and will probably work on the jigsaw puzzle a bit more.

Mahjongg tomorrow night should be interesting...in a word. I was of the impression that when Susie couldn't host (like now because she's away) that they would play online so that I could play. Well, that didn't happen last week. Dianne asked someone else to play so they could play at her house. That's where we used to play last year before the pandemic. So I wrote to her that I was of the impression that they'd play online so I could play. I have a feeling that she might not like the fact that I challenged her. So they're going to be playing online. I intend to go in the pool, then play, then maybe go in the pool just to cool off after the games.

Michele NC