WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dog group,
    Bonus: Art in Azalea Park, 15 mins chair pilates, 15 mins clelaning drains in Joe’s bathroom (ugh!).
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, church, send out minutes and meeting reminder, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    4: Ask someone how they feel and really listen to their reply: finally, Joe, really listened to what he’s saying and gave him time to say it.
    5: Spend time wishing for other people to be happy and well: Wednesday/Friday at T’ai Chi and Thursday morning before rising.
    6: Smile and be friendly to the people you see today: done Thursday at the beach, Friday and Saturday at the park.
    7: Give time to help a project or cause you care about: send out minutes and meeting reminder.

Shadow did very well in the crowd, calm even in the face of reactive dogs. Still skittish around anything with wheels, like strollers, skate boards, kids on scooters so it’s not just big trucks. Toward the end of dog group exercises she balked. Think she was just tired and “done.” Me too.

Machka happy birthday to your DH. Hope the weather favors a lovely ride.
    Julie hope your long sleep was restorative and you continue to rest. Any surgery is a shock to the body, like Terri said, it needs time to recover.
    KJ 1.5 million people in your town this weekend? :noway:
    Carol thankful for your pharmacist’s alertness. Hope your recovery is swift and complete and that any pain is now gone.
    @Shatszi in this thread replies don’t appear indented under the original post but follow in chronological order. Spoilers are used to conceal parts of posts that might not be of general interest. Not sure how to do on a phone, but on a laptop you highlight the text you want to conceal, then click the dropdown triangle next to the paragraph mark, and select “spoiler”. 6qiiwlshu5yc.jpg
    Allie (((hugs))) yeah, I’d have been smiling on the other side of the room… ;) $100 to spend at the mall? Does anyone else think that could be one source of the issues?
    Margaret LOL!
    Rebecca I admire your ability to do without sugar in your coffee. I have not been motivated enough to abstain from sugar in my tea, but I have got it down to a carefully weighed 6 grams /cup ;) 4 years??? Joe is getting frustrated ‘cuz his van has been in the shop for 4 weeks. SMH ;):love: your lawn service.
    The very happiest of birthdays to you, dear Kim. Brava for the gift of days you’re giving your mom. What a relief it must be for her to have a day away with you. And Bravissima for the “chores” story. Wise beyond your years.

Time to snooze. . .

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe:6 , weigh/wii: 7/0/0; steps>6704=8397, vits=7, log=7, CI<CO=7, CI<250<CO=4, Tumble=4, Shadow=9, mfp=7, outside=11, up hill=0, clean 10=1.5.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 :P
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=3 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    I have been busy organizing my family photos to put in my suitcase. I have an album for my mom and one for dad, plus a small childhood album. I need to locate the Christmas album I made, when I got the crazy idea to fuse both Lee and my childhood holiday photos together in one book. In date order! Lee thought I had lost my marbles because I messed up our photo albums to make that. But something I put out during the holidays, the Gossett Holiday Tome.

I am down 2 more lbs, and sometime this weekend, need to find my measuring tape to measure myself, so I have some sort of starting point. The tape measure will be my friend monthly, more than the pissy scale.
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Growing up, one of my best friend's last name was Gossett- Not sure if you have any relatives down here. Her dad's name was Carroll- he and my dad were very close friends until Carroll passed away. The day my dad passed away, her sister posted that she was sure our dad's were sitting in heaving catching up.
    Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    @Shatszi in this thread replies don’t appear indented under the original post but follow in chronological order. Spoilers are used to conceal parts of posts that might not be of general interest. Not sure how to do on a phone, but on a laptop you highlight the text you want to conceal, then click the dropdown triangle next to the paragraph mark, and select “spoiler”. 6qiiwlshu5yc.jpg
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

@Shatszi and @auntiebk ...

That is definitely one way to do a spoiler (and the one I usually use) but you can also type it.

square bracket spoiler square bracket ... your text ... square bracket /spoiler square bracket

[ .'spoiler'. ] your text [ .'/spoiler'. ] ... without the .' marks

Just a note ... although spoilers are used to conceal parts of posts that might not be of general interest to the readers of this thread, and that is a good use for them, it does not hide what you've written from public searches.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    We were cycling on the road at 9 am ... :)

Distance: 50.72km
    Elevation: 200m
    Moving Time: 2:48:07
    Elapsed Time: 2:54:26
    Speed: 18.1km/h 45.0km/h
    Calories: 822

q1jiwh1sxbck.png

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Kim – happy birthday. What is a “pandemic pod”

Michele NC
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Rained on and off all day. Sometimes heavily. Glad the gutter man didn't start!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

same weather here yesterday

Allie, total disappointment to spend so much energy and time to have such interactions
    I know Rori - dysfunctional to say the least oh well.. im going to see if she wants to take a ride with me in a bit to get a seafood dinner and if not ill go by myself.. and enjoy it
    sounds like a good approach. What a bust that the kitchen then didn't work. Better though, than if it had been your GD misbehaving again.

Kim that's a great story.
    I don't have the same experience, but in France people are late a lot. I can't change the culture but just by mostly fairly gently letting them know that I am there and aware and waiting, some people who were always late tend to be right on time, which for them, is major progress, after lifetime habits of being late.

Rebecca congratulations on the SV! woohoo!
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Julie, it’s very true that i don’t know how our relationship (my son and I) would have evolved over time. I meant what I said about my greatest involvement being with my three daughters because of distance and the closeness of having raised them. I had looked forward to hearing about his family as well as my other family members, but hadn’t envisioned anything like a yearly pilgrimage.

I think you also may have something in the idea of concerns about fiscal responsibility for me should I not have the resources. Actually, my eldest and her spouse are very well off. He is foreman for major construction efforts such as shopping malls and industrial complexes. She is a masters in nursing with a background in administration. I’m sure they would not leave me wanting were it to come to that. As it is, I’m a retired teamster with a pension as well as social security, and reasonable insurance available that covers everything with little copayment except dental and vision. I don’t think my future is too bleak.

My other two daughters might not be able to provide much financially, but they will both be capable of seeing to my needs physically should I need help.

Oh, Rori! This was an awful lot for you to deal with in such a brief interval. Be very gentle with yourself. Allow yourself all the time you can. I’m so glad you have your wonderful cat to snuggle with and confide in and laugh at. Take every opportunity you get to laugh.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    slept ok, declined a last minute late invitation out yesterday (it was already 8:30 pm here).

still feeling unhappy about not being able to go freely in sun anymore.
    sun is also good for health in many ways.

Good things done yesterday
    food shopping
    wee bit of cleaning
    little walk
    read some in depth article in paper (about how students in need are managing getting or not getting summer jobs, in and, in one case pre-pandemic)
    eat some fresh fruit and veggies and soy protein and fibre
    canceled trip to library and rested
    aiming for balance in exchanges (telephone, mail or text)
    listened to positive affirmations tape while sleeping
    a wee bit of time on recumbent while on phone
    being myself in conversations, speaking my mind in a peaceful way, even if I don't agree

Grateful
    decent night of sleep
    healthy food easily available
    so quiet in the summer in august here
    it's supposed to be nice out on days I booked for beach
    comfy bed

Today
    walk
    tidy/clean
    we'll see

• bananasandoranges
    edited August 2021
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Julie, it’s very true that i don’t know how our relationship (my son and I) would have evolved over time. I meant what I said about my greatest involvement being with my three daughters because of distance and the closeness of having raised them. I had looked forward to hearing about his family as well as my other family members, but hadn’t envisioned anything like a yearly pilgrimage.

I think you also may have something in the idea of concerns about fiscal responsibility for me should I not have the resources. Actually, my eldest and her spouse are very well off. He is foreman for major construction efforts such as shopping malls and industrial complexes. She is a masters in nursing with a background in administration. I’m sure they would not leave me wanting were it to come to that. As it is, I’m a retired teamster with a pension as well as social security, and reasonable insurance available that covers everything with little copayment except dental and vision. I don’t think my future is too bleak.

My other two daughters might not be able to provide much financially, but they will both be capable of seeing to my needs physically should I need help.

Oh, Rori! This was an awful lot for you to deal with in such a brief interval. Be very gentle with yourself. Allow yourself all the time you can. I’m so glad you have your wonderful cat to snuggle with and confide in and laugh at. Take every opportunity you get to laugh.

Sharon Near Seattle

It is wonderful that you had a nice moment with him, which I guess is never a given in such a context. That is worth a lot.

It's great that your teamster retirement and your daughters mean that you will likely be well taken care of.

It could (for example) be that he was deeply depressed and unbearable in the years after his adoptive parents died and that after meeting you he was emotionally moved (maybe in a good way but maybe he was shaken up too, and his spouse said, she couldn't take anymore upheavals, etc, etc. That is just an example of one possible scenario. People can be so emotionally fragile, especially these days in this long difficult pandemic. There is just no way of knowing. Sometimes people don't even know themselves why they make this or that choice.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited August 2021
    Options
    u531zlvjxw3g.jpg
    Here's my big bandage! 7 more days!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    KIM ~ Happy, Happy Birthday!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    643209sysnz9eg8y.gif

KIM!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Kim great story and love how you set limits.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Kim!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Llll
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Kim!