WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    but for these meetings they are big school wide meetings and it's not my call!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) When I meet my friends, it is for a walk. I won't sit and talk or meet for a meal or beverage. I frequently attend meetings on Zoom using my phone with my camera off and take a walk or work in the yard during the meeting. They are not meetings for work, so no one can fire me for having my camera off.

:) When asked to do something I don't want to, I say, "Sorry, that won't work for me."

:)Meetings are deadly The last few years I work, the administrator had this bright idea that we should sit in a circle facing each other without tables so there was no place to put a beverage or your elbows or a notepad. Those meetings were extra deadly.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I meet friends for a walk or exhibit or something. as much as possible. not everyone' is game and some are tired and just want to sit 'and eat)

I have one friend I met many times for coffee or meal and I suggested the park near his work thinking it would be nice but I think he - weirdly doesn't like the park! he used to go there as a kid and maybe it has negative associations! he's really geeky and not a nature guy. but with many others we are able to walk. going to an exhibit is also a good way to meet up for me Abu ti'm happy to sit and have a coffee afterwards.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,541 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday!
    Ezraella- Welcome! We are a chatty group, but our chats range from daily life, family, relationships to people and to food, exercise...chime in when you feel the urge. Remember to bookmark the group!
    Vicki- (((hugs))) I used to have dreams like that after my parents passed. They do set you on the wrong foot for the day.
    Heather- Glad you were able to get the tablet/info switch sorted! Technology stuff is not one of my strong points. I am sure I would need to google how to do it.
    Pip- Love all of the jukeboxes, pinball machines, and neon signs! What a fun room! Weird about the campsite/hosts. Glad you were able to get a room at the hotel!
    Rebecca- The "candied" apple pics are pretty, but the twig/holding stick is really bothering me! lol I am positive they wouldn't hold an apple up right!
    Machka- The image of the coffee cup "...meeting that could have been an email". I feel this with every bone in my body!
    speaking of meetings- I attended our monthly meeting of the board of directors for WMHA (West Michigan Historical Alliance), last night. This is the second month in a row that we were not a quorum, so we couldn't vote or make decisions on anything. It is a twenty minute drive for me to get to the meeting place. We offer zoom attendance. It really grinds my gears that adults can't let people know that they can't make it.

Oh, my licensing consultant popped in on Tuesday morning! She did a quick ten minute walk around and checked my paperwork and I am now officially a group childcare home! Yea! lol The initial license that I got was a 6 month probationary one. I guess they do that to give us time to get staff in and get them trained and to decide if going group is REALLY what we want to do. SO...I am all set to take on more kids if I want. lol With a couple of my kiddos in school this fall it puts my daily attendance between 6 and 8 children, depending on the day. I might take a couple more children this fall. I will have a current family's newborn in December/January. Then another current family has a baby due in February (so that baby will start with me around April/May). Then...next fall...my oldest three/four will be in school full time. It is always changing. Some of my kiddos I wish I could keep with me forever. Some of them, I am happy to see them head off to school! lol

My DYS is in Texas, currently. He left yesterday morning and arrived at DFW around 4pm. Had a mixup with his rental car so he didn't make it to my DD's place until around 7:30 pm. I guess Joaquin went wild! "Uncle Colin! Uncle Colin!" DD told me Joaquin was crazy; climbing all over "Uncle Colin", trying to show him everything "new" in the house and talking his ear off. Miguel was equally crazy (even though, at two, he doesn't remember Uncle Colin)! It makes my heart very happy to hear how much the boys love their Uncle.

Well, I better scoot. The little ones will be arriving in a few minutes. I made pork carnitas in the crock pot while I slept; so I have to get that into the fridge and get some laundry folded. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Yes me too a bit, give me a dang popsicle any day. (oh and by the way popsicle took me a good two minutes to figure out how to spell. My brain started with pop cycle!)
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,541 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Went for my evening walk. My right hip is hurting. Hopefully, rest tonight will heal it. Then again, it takes longer for us to heal

Rebecca – hope your oven gets fixed real fast. Can you grill?

Anne DE – good for you!

M – when Vince worked for Mars, what they did was have a “punctuality” bonus. If you clocked in on time, you got the bonus. Even the Mars brothers clocked in! This ensured that people were there for a 9a.m. meeting.

Michele NC

Amazingly enough the broiler works just fine, but the lower part doesn't. So not the main circuit but the heating element? 28th the electrician will call and tell us the 2 hr block he can fit us in. There is only a couple of electricians on this dang island!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Yyyyyy
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I have a very prickly throat. it really feels like something I ate didn't work for me. not sure what; It started slightly with a very occasional pastry I got w lots of ingredients in it. creme- chocolat, caramel, fruits, and surely more.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2300976g3nf2rfi1n.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Cooked our favourite skate with black butter for dinner. Heaven! All the calories are in the butter. :o

Poor DH ricked his neck overnight and is in a lot of pain. He is wearing a collar, which got some comments on the Singing Zoom! Ibuprofen doesn't touch it. I am being very kind and helpful. o:):p
    The zoom was a bit of a mess and he nearly quit, but I got him to persevere. The songs we had downloaded were not played because the pianist did not have the music. So we had to Google lyrics for other songs. Oh well. I enjoyed it.

Lots of love to everyone. In my own experience, the times when I have felt exhausted, or depressed, are when there is a problem I am not addressing and it is weighing on me. I have had many such times in my life and sometimes it is a small tweak and other times radical action is required.

Julie -I have attended several 5 rhythms classes/weekends, including one involving mask making and wearing. I used it in teaching my drama workshops. All these things are tools for self-discovery.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    KJ - Many congratulations on your certification. :flowerforyou:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    05jkc5figkeg.jpeg
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,547 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Just stopped in to say "Hi," sorry I've been AWOL--I've been keeping up with y'all, though. Please know my heart goes out to all of you, in all your lives. Thank you for sharing them here.

Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Gffgggggg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Slim in 6 DVD then did some walking outside but it started to drizzle so I came home and did a Leslie Sansone video. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Boot DVD.

Have a dermatologist appt tomorrow. Just a routine thing

My hip still hurts, but it’s a lot better than it was yesterday. One thing I did find, tho, is that it seems to hurt most right after I’ve been sitting down. Guess I’ve got to keep moving, which isn’t a bad thing.

KJ congrats! You deserve it, all you do for those kids

Beth – it probably is a good thing that your husband shrinks clothes in the wash/dryer since now you’re going to need smaller clothes anyway. Just think of the money he’s saving you!!!!

drkatie – glad for your parents, but so sad for everyone else. I’d be super worried, too.

Tracey – out of the mouths of babes….lol. You are a good friend

Lisa – thanks for popping in

Michele NC