WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! A real quick "pop" on to say that I am loving all of the pics of pups and grands! Karen VA- Olivia is five, already! I knew it was coming, as Joaquin will be 5 next month. Boy! That flew by! She is a beauty! Rebecca- love the pic of Athena coaxing her boat across the water! Heather- the pics of your grands are always so lively! That Bea! o:)
    Katla- You will know when you find the right dog for you!
    Dogs- I love dogs; especially big dogs. But I have been dogless for my entire adulthood. Never got a dog while I was renting. Then I began my childcare business and a dog just seemed like a huge liability (especially bc I would want a malamute, and that breed would cancel my insurance) :( But I enjoy the neighborhood dogs who come visit us as we walk/play outside; and I enjoy my grand dog, Chappie.
    Landline- I have one I am required to for my business. Paying for it is not fun; but it comes in handy when you have to give your phone number to businesses/ or for potential clients. My family, childcare families, and close friends all phone/text me via my cell number.
    Emails- Yikes, Machka! That's a lot of emails! I can't even wrap my head around 2000! I get about 20-40 emails a day. 3/4 of them from the state and childcare affiliates, 1/4 of them junk mail or stuff I am no longer interested in. I like an empty inbox at the end of the day. The only correspondence that stays in my inbox are the things I need to work on or am currently working on. ONce the project is done, the emails get filed.

Kids arriving. Gotta fly! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Kelly- this is the first time since I was licensed childcare provider over here that we don't have a dog. Our first was a Border Collie/Brittany Spaniel. She was amazing with the kids. We got her at the shelter. My husband wanted a dog, I really didn't(I am a cat person). I took our friend's little boy who was about 2yrs old with me to look at the dogs. All the other dogs jumped on the cages and were crazy. Brittany(yes, we named her Brittany BEFORE we knew what type of Spaniel she was), walked to the gate, sat down and put her paw on the gate and just looked at Garrett and I. I went home and told dh that if he wanted a dog, to go check her out. He came home with her. She was amazing with all the kids. She passed away at about 16yrs old.
    Our second rescue was a Border Collie/Aussie- also so great with the kids.
    Dh and son have talked about getting another dog but I told them not right now- too many cats.

Debbie
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Lanette Sorry for the loss of your fur baby 💞

Allie I hope you have good results from your procedure!

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Hugs Rebecca-
    Spent the day grocery shopping in Sacramento area- started at the veggie/fruit stand in Davis on the way to Sac, then shopped at KP International Marketplace. Such a fun store to check out- takes about 2 hours for us to go through the whole thing. Picked up some different things for former hubby for a care package- things he can't get where he is, then two more Asian grocery stores, then Chinese place for dinner with friends that live up there. His daughter went shopping with us.
    Got home after 9PM so just put the refrigerated/frozen stuff away. The rest will be done tomorrow
    Happened to look at the calendar I have by the front door- never look at it but glad I did- found out that my daycare girl doesn't have school so will be here all day instead of half day. Text her mom and she didn't know.
    DH is already asleep- he worked at 1AM, came home and only slept 1 1/2 hrs before we got on the road-He was asleep in just a couple minutes. Glad he is off tomorrow- nice to sleep in a little

Need to get some roses and raspberry plants pruned tomorrow or this weekend. We haven't had enough cold weather- roses are still blooming, didn't loose all their leaves which is the sign it is time to prune.
    75 here today with more warm weather this week

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the Winter Olympics. :) I find it all fascinating. They're doing the Half Pipe right now which is just amazing. :)

If you were to participate in a Winter Olympics sport, which one would it be?

Although a lot of the fascinate me, my sport would probably be the cross-country skiing events ... because I used to cross-country ski quite a bit. Or the luge.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    jstoerwknjw7.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    (((Lanette)))— I am so sorry about the loss of your dog. We lost our sweet old dog, Schooner, last fall. He had cancer. We miss him every day. We had been wishing for a puppy. Out of the blue our veterinarian’s office called and suggested a local breeder of poodles. We met her and got to see her dogs. The Standard poodles were stunning, and getting ready for a dog show. They seemed huge. We liked a lovely medium sized poodle, and hope to get a puppy later this year.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,813 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake but feel a bit groggy
    Rebecca- i feel for you ..but the time will fly by and he will be back.. did Owan sign up for 4 yrs or 6 and im sorry you havent heard from him either ,i dont understand how some of the military works
    My neck is a little sore but i guess is to be expected ,but im sure could have been alot worse..
    Well im up and attem
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Flea))), Gentle hugs. Sorry you are dealing with this.

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Another quick hop on. ( Had to shovel some heavy snow this morning; so running late)
    Lanette- Sorry to hear about Sophie! Sending you hugs, friend! <3
    Carla- Terrific news about your mom!
    Flea- Sending hugs, strength and healing thoughts your way! (( <3 ))
    Allie- The docs have to cross everything off their list; just keep that in mind as you wait for results. Things that don't get crossed off will be taken care of. YOU will be taken care of. You are in a good place. Sending a big hug your way.

I am sure I am missing people I want to respond to. But kids at the door. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Flea - Sending love. Rest as much as you can. Be selfish about it. Your health and strength come first. <3

I am feeling much better today. I went to sleep very early, for me, last night and enjoyed sleeping in my upstairs room and waking up slowly with the dawn. I am grateful for having my own bolt-hole. :D
    I did 500 words of my book first and then was inspired to start a new short story for a magazine. It is based on a story that my friend P told us during the Zoom yesterday. I hope it will work.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Hugs for Flea and Allie and anyone else facing troubles.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,985 Member
    Options
    :)What Olympic sport? Figure Skating, obviously, because it is beautiful and accompanied by music. Of course, I'd need a different body. So I content myself now by recording the programs and watching them at my leisure while riding my exercise bike.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    I've just had an email from a national newspaper about an article I sent them. They want me to add a bit more detail about how I told my sons. I'm going to give it a go! :D Fingers crossed. No guarantees.

DH seems better disposed towards the cruise trips. We have decided which ones and he is coming with me on all of them. I did tell him I realise some of the trips may bring back memories of his previous partner who died, because they spent happy holidays there together. He said it was true, but that would mean he couldn't get off the ship!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps- just got my first MS bike ride donation for this year. Got $35 beans now!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Getting myself on a better track went and saw son last night. We play our own version of scrable. We go to word solver to see if we can create a 7 letter word. We both do it so it is fair. Last night I was able to play picotee. It means a flower that has an edge with a different color than its base like a picotee tulip. Any flower with this characteristic is a picotee flower. What a fun word. It is like getting to use the word plethora. I have a plethora of friends from this site. Thank you for being here with me. Last nights score 442 son to 437 me. Both had some 7 letters words and played the big letters like Q well. He usually wins and not because I let him. We just like to see how many points we can get.

I did learn from son why it is so difficult to scan anything into our computer now. AGE! Yes unfortunately I know how that feels. Scanning can be done but it takes at least a half an hour a picture or a document. So plan B is in order.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Allie--Praying for good results from your test. Did he not know you were having the test done?

Flea--Sending prayers and hugs.

Rebecca--Hugs and prayers.

Tracey--I hope you enjoy your 3 days off and get the reset you need. I know I am looking forward to the weekend off also. Other than church on Sunday we are going to our oldest son's Sunday for DGD's 14th birthday party. Doubt we will stay for the big game. Just not into it.

Heather--Glad DH is feeling better about your trip. Memories with others is hard, but making new memories is good.

I am so glad it is Friday. Looking forward to the weekend and doing nothing unless I want to. DH works at least half a day tomorrow, which means I will have the home to myself.

So far only made it to the gym one day this week. Planning to go today after work and not going to let me talk myself out of it. I always feel better after, just getting there is hard.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3