WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I so well remember when my younger son went off to uni. He had been living with me after my separation and divorce from his father. He was my support and company. I had a steady boyfriend at the time and I was hoping he would become a permanent fixture. I told the boyfriend I was so glad I had him to see me through the wrench. The next day he told me he could not see a future for us. I told him to go.
    I did so much grieving. I went to a therapist to help me. It is so hard when the last one leaves.
    Of course, now he is living nearby and has given me my grandchildren, so you never know how things will turn out.
    It is so important for our children to become independent beings. That is our job.
    CS Lewis said
    'Selfhood begins with a walking away
    And love is proved by letting go.'

True love gives the loved one their freedom.
    Big hugs and yes, grieve as much as you want to.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    We are going to get an arctic blast again tonight. Ready for warmer temps!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,813 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    End of a long week.. im just worn out... dropped Carmine off at school and then went down and helped with Miles.. didnt do much but hold him but at least Tracy can get some breakfast and get a shower i then stop and get Homer outside ,go home for an hour or so and then go pick Carmine back up and drop her off home..,then im free for the rest of the afternoon lol
    Im dropping off Alfie for a playdate tomorrow and i think Trudy and I will be putting Susans new TV up tomorrow
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Today is a bright, bright sunshiny day. We are hanging around the house and enjoying the view from our windows.

I had a lovely chat with a neighbor. We are both dog lovers and enjoyed talking about them. She has a lovely dog that is a golden retriever and poodle mix. We haven’t gotten a dog just yet and my neighbor had excellent & encouraging comments.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Reading along... haven't been writing or commenting. Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    qi6yqlvadu29.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Aww Rebecca ... hugs to you ...

Vicki ... bravo to you for being bold and specific with the CEO! And kudos to the young woman who was on her knees cleaning a crappy floor!

Tracey ... hoping this weekend is a restorative time for you.

Flea ... praying for you ...

Carla ... a women's semi-pro football team! Congrats to your daughter.

Kay ... thinking of you ...

Machka ... I watched the half-pipe too. Amazing what those athletes were able to do! I had hoped Shaun White would make the podium one last time, but those others deserved their spots. As for a winter sport I would participate in ... none. I think, and my family agrees, I should just work on walking without injury! :D

Beth near Buffalo where it's going to rain, and then freeze and then snow and then get bitter cold again. Sigh.

Back at ya friend! Big hugs!😁💖👍
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    (((Rebecca))) — Your sons are in the navy. It is hard to keep from worrying when they are far away. ❤️

I worry, but it doesn't keep me up all night, I know the Navy is caring for them.💖👍⚓🙏
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Rebecca - I so well remember when my younger son went off to uni. He had been living with me after my separation and divorce from his father. He was my support and company. I had a steady boyfriend at the time and I was hoping he would become a permanent fixture. I told the boyfriend I was so glad I had him to see me through the wrench. The next day he told me he could not see a future for us. I told him to go.
    I did so much grieving. I went to a therapist to help me. It is so hard when the last one leaves.
    Of course, now he is living nearby and has given me my grandchildren, so you never know how things will turn out.
    It is so important for our children to become independent beings. That is our job.
    CS Lewis said
    'Selfhood begins with a walking away
    And love is proved by letting go.'

True love gives the loved one their freedom.
    Big hugs and yes, grieve as much as you want to.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Oh man, your son going AND your boyfriend, that's brutal friend! We are stronger than we perceive we are. Sometimes I tell myself when I am missing my youngest sailor son, "you did such an amazing job, that he doesn't (need you), knows he's loved, and you should be proud of that". Then the other mental Rebecca on my other shoulder says, "but he knows how family is supposed to be, how we rely on each other". A family is only as strong and healthy as its participants. It can't just BE. So whenever that darn kid gets stateside, we will have a discussion about this.
    I told my eldest he can marry a nice Japanese gal if he wants to. (Like I have a say in what he does, but really it would be amazing if he found love before he gets out or retires).
    I find it a bit liberating to now be in an advisory role of parenthood. Giving advice (only if asked to give our two cents worth). Its like we've graduated. Lee is wishing to turn up the heat and skip around the house sans clothes. Always the entertaining one.🙃😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Today I made a soup out of leftover Italian meatballs, pasta, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, and chicken stock. It was yummy.
    bhsb4w9qer3h.jpg
    Then I heard my bald eagle couple screeching at each other. Such a beautiful sound.💖
    Here is the one. The other one was hiding in the trees to the left.
    d5qaelox6qnt.jpg
    My son is building an aquatic terrarium. He was figuring out his hand built drip system. I told him, ooh fishes and snails would be a great filtration. He's like, no just plants right niw.👍💖
    tgw683sdduz4.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    xzkxzo9o95bw.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    hi all. not a very balanced dinner but could be worse!

going to friend's for lunch tomorrow, with a little group of people, need to bring some GF bread and maybe some GF dessert so he feels at ease. he doesn't know what GF is but was planning bread, cheese, cold cuts, fruit, and come cookies and custard pies. the GF bread will make it all good for lunch and if I manage to break a GF dessert too, he'll feel at ease. sounds a wee bit on the heavy side with no veggies announced, but that's okay for one meal guess, right? I can maybe have some carrot juice in the morning and/or veggie soup in the evening.

anybody ever get halo ice cream?
    it's relatively low cal and high protein as ice creams go, but still pretty sugary...

They brought Halo into one of the stores here and then recalled it because of something they found in it.
  • Machka9
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Aww Rebecca ... hugs to you ...

Vicki ... bravo to you for being bold and specific with the CEO! And kudos to the young woman who was on her knees cleaning a crappy floor!

Tracey ... hoping this weekend is a restorative time for you.

Flea ... praying for you ...

Carla ... a women's semi-pro football team! Congrats to your daughter.

Kay ... thinking of you ...

Machka ... I watched the half-pipe too. Amazing what those athletes were able to do! I had hoped Shaun White would make the podium one last time, but those others deserved their spots. As for a winter sport I would participate in ... none. I think, and my family agrees, I should just work on walking without injury! :D

Beth near Buffalo where it's going to rain, and then freeze and then snow and then get bitter cold again. Sigh.

We were, of course, very pleased with the results of the Australian riders. :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options

Worked today then the soup kitchen, then picked up these things for Christmas that I need repainted, then prebowled. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Jari Love get Ripped to the Core DVD.

Rebeccca – you’re a very strong woman, you’ll make it thru this

For some reason, Vince had to have Clyde’s ashes. I asked him if he would want to take the ashes to FL since the cats loved the condo, but he said he wasn’t comfortable with it. So why the rush to get the ashes before we go? When his mother died, he said “they’re just ashes”. Well, these are just ashes, and at the end of the day he was a pet. But Vince feels that he needed to have them. I honestly don’t understand.

Called Lynette, she was much calmer today. This I really don’t understand – they told her that her mother had cancer, but they didn’t tell her what kind of cancer or what stage it is. Her mother is going to an oncologist next week. The mother and father don’t want Lynette to go to the MD. I told Lynette “maybe they don’t want to worry you, since you have so much on your plate with Ken”. My honest feeling is that they’re afraid that Lynette will be very worried and the MD will see her anxiousness. Lynette just called, seems her mother has a nurse coming by and the nurse called an ambulance because the mother’s heartbeat is irregular. I know, I’m not getting all the facts.

Tracey – fingers crossed for you to be a grandmother soon

Flea – (((HUG)))

Carla – congrats to your daughter

Michele NC