WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,813 Member
    Options
    Vicki- no he did not.. they were supposed to walk home..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    I did my elliptical, yoga and marching! Yay! I backed off to six minutes on the elliptical because my knee said so. But it must be slowly getting stronger. And I did two different yoga sessions, instead of doing the ab one twice. And then marching to make up 250 calories of exercise. Yay!

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    xzur8o52eplp.jpeg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:51 !
    Bonus: 43 mins grooming Tumble, library, 105 mins line dancing on the sand
    Workin’ on it: Thursday:142.6, Friday:142.2, H20x5.
    Friendly February 2022
    11: Send an encouraging note to someone who needs a boost.

Too pooped last night to check in. No wonder, 9049 steps, the most since Jan 8. Lovely dinner with C, took 2/3 of entrée home, kept wine down to two glasses, and stopped at ¼ slice of chocolate layer cake.

Crazy weather, Wednesday was 83 at the port. Thursday, 78F in town, then 5 mins north was 15 degrees cooler. After sweating out dog group Wednesday, pulled Hawaiian shirt, khakis and sandals out from “off season” boxes Thursday. Was comfy in town but chilly ‘til we got dancing on the beach.

Joe stumbled across “My 600 lb Life” on TLC and it’s inspiring him to move more, eat better and drink less. Yesterday he took a bike ride, bought a fishing license, changed the oil on his van and cut his red chair sitting time in half. This morning he’s headed down to Crissey Field to fish or walk on the beach, depending on the tides. So thankful.

Tracey thanks for sharing your work VoIP experience. It was that way years ago when our LA office changed over, sorry to hear it hasn’t improved.
    Carla both Shadow and Tumble paw at the gentle leader after dog group. During, when walking or sit/down/staying, it doesn’t seem to bother them as much. Without the gentle leader I wouldn’t be able to walk either of them. Shadow at 60+ lbs doesn’t know her own strength. 30lb Tumble once pulled me off my feet and sent me to urgent care. Fortunately nothing broken, that time ;)
    Margaret You have the patience of an angel for delaying your call back to your friend. But must confess the puppy bite dial story made me laugh out loud. Bravissima for alerting to that suspicious activity. “. If we are to stop this we can do our part by calling . . .” you are so right. Who was it who said all that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing?
    Welcome @6parkers in VA!

Only to pg 26 but time to groom Tumble and have breakfast training games.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.

9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    DH & I visited a puppy breeder a couple of days ago. WOW! She breeds poodles and had two beautiful black poodles that were getting ready for a dog show. They were gorgeous and were taller than I had imagined.

We saw a gray middle sized poodle that charmed us. We hope to have a pup from her future litter. I am grateful that our veterinarian’s staff recommended this breeder. We have been lonely since our sweet old dog, Schooner, passed away last fall.

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    I lost nine tenths of a pound which is great especially considering the binge weekend I had. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    hi all. not a very balanced dinner but could be worse!

going to friend's for lunch tomorrow, with a little group of people, need to bring some GF bread and maybe some GF dessert so he feels at ease. he doesn't know what GF is but was planning bread, cheese, cold cuts, fruit, and come cookies and custard pies. the GF bread will make it all good for lunch and if I manage to break a GF dessert too, he'll feel at ease. sounds a wee bit on the heavy side with no veggies announced, but that's okay for one meal guess, right? I can maybe have some carrot juice in the morning and/or veggie soup in the evening.

anybody ever get halo ice cream?
    it's relatively low cal and high protein as ice creams go, but still pretty sugary...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Logged in to Saga and paid for the trips. It's on my credit card, so we can sort out the bill later between us. Nice to know where we are going, so we can look forward to them. Barcelona and Cadiz we will do ourselves. I speak Spanish, so it'll be fine. Otherwise it's Ronda, Pompeii, Cagliari, Cefalu, and Carthage (Tunis) :D

Going to ring my friend L tomorrow morning. We have settled on a time.
    This afternoon I rang my old flatmate from uni. Lovely long chat. She also has been supporting L. I am blessed with my old friends.

Much love to all. Congrats to the football pro! :D

Heather xxxxxxxx UK
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you, Rebecca. I hope you get some rest and feel more at peace in the morning.

Take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Thanks Flea, feeling much better👍💖
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    hi all. not a very balanced dinner but could be worse!

going to friend's for lunch tomorrow, with a little group of people, need to bring some GF bread and maybe some GF dessert so he feels at ease. he doesn't know what GF is but was planning bread, cheese, cold cuts, fruit, and come cookies and custard pies. the GF bread will make it all good for lunch and if I manage to break a GF dessert too, he'll feel at ease. sounds a wee bit on the heavy side with no veggies announced, but that's okay for one meal guess, right? I can maybe have some carrot juice in the morning and/or veggie soup in the evening.

anybody ever get halo ice cream?
    it's relatively low cal and high protein as ice creams go, but still pretty sugary...

My husband has had Halo ice cream and enjoyed it.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Vicki - I am a firm believer that most times the big guy at the top is oblivious because some managers decide to keep things to themselves.
    I’m glad you are getting the attention your office needs.

Michele - I have no interest in the Olympics either. I never have though, it’s not new.

Flea - hugs to you.

Rebecca - I think shopping today was an excellent idea. In 2009 my girls moved out within a month of one another. I was devastated and not ready to be without them. They were 20 and 18. When our baby left early in the morning I went to work changing things around and didn’t stop for 3 days. I made a pretty spare room out of one room, took the rec basement area and made myself a crafting space then set up one of the their bedrooms as a little sitting room area for myself. I spent way too much money, worked hard, but making it pretty helped me through it. Hugs to you.

Our daughter and SIL got the go ahead and are approved to use donated sperm. Health Canada had some insane hoops they had to jump through. Hopefully within the next couple of months they’ll be announcing a pregnancy. This has been worrisome for me for them.

My miserable week at work is over, I am off now until Monday. I’m looking forward to three days to do nothing if that is what I choose.
    Tomorrow I am spending some time with our eldest daughter. It’s been a long time since her and I have had a nice visit.

Tracey in Edmonton

Moving things is a great way to distract yourself, and process it all. I moved the living room and bedrooms around with each son that went to boot camp.👍💖⚓
    Rebecca
    Hugs!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Hugs Rebecca-
    Spent the day grocery shopping in Sacramento area- started at the veggie/fruit stand in Davis on the way to Sac, then shopped at KP International Marketplace. Such a fun store to check out- takes about 2 hours for us to go through the whole thing. Picked up some different things for former hubby for a care package- things he can't get where he is, then two more Asian grocery stores, then Chinese place for dinner with friends that live up there. His daughter went shopping with us.
    Got home after 9PM so just put the refrigerated/frozen stuff away. The rest will be done tomorrow
    Happened to look at the calendar I have by the front door- never look at it but glad I did- found out that my daycare girl doesn't have school so will be here all day instead of half day. Text her mom and she didn't know.
    DH is already asleep- he worked at 1AM, came home and only slept 1 1/2 hrs before we got on the road-He was asleep in just a couple minutes. Glad he is off tomorrow- nice to sleep in a little

Need to get some roses and raspberry plants pruned tomorrow or this weekend. We haven't had enough cold weather- roses are still blooming, didn't loose all their leaves which is the sign it is time to prune.
    75 here today with more warm weather this week

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I will take each and all hugs this week! I even hugged our commissary bagger, a nice Japanese gal named Naomi, and I properly introduced myself today, with the customary bow and specific thing you say. I am hoping she will be a nice person to head to the ramen restaurant with!
    💖🙏👍
    Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Aww Rebecca ... hugs to you ...

Vicki ... bravo to you for being bold and specific with the CEO! And kudos to the young woman who was on her knees cleaning a crappy floor!

Tracey ... hoping this weekend is a restorative time for you.

Flea ... praying for you ...

Carla ... a women's semi-pro football team! Congrats to your daughter.

Kay ... thinking of you ...

Machka ... I watched the half-pipe too. Amazing what those athletes were able to do! I had hoped Shaun White would make the podium one last time, but those others deserved their spots. As for a winter sport I would participate in ... none. I think, and my family agrees, I should just work on walking without injury! :D

Beth near Buffalo where it's going to rain, and then freeze and then snow and then get bitter cold again. Sigh.

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    😃
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rebecca))) — Your sons are in the navy. It is hard to keep from worrying when they are far away. ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk/jog home to doc- 49.26min, 10elev, 3.70ap, 101ahr, 121mhr, 3.05mi= 270c
    Strava app= 369c
    Walk/jog from doc to home- 39min, 30elev, 4.69ap, 118ahr, 165mhr, 3.05mi= 317c
    Strava app= 369c
    Walk/jog with yogi- 1hr 3min 26sec 68elev, 111ahr, 155mhr 3.85ap, 4.11mi= 397c
    Strava app= 496c

Total cal 984

Not bad, yesterday 11/11miles
    Today 10.21miles
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Big hug, (((Rebecca))).

You so love all your boys.

Karen in Virginia