WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    Went for my 5k run. Absolutely knackered! Finished off with 25 mins rowing.
    I'm either having a flare up of my Sjogren's syndrome, or I'm having covid. Soooo tired, with a swollen throat and sore tongue. The syndrome affects the salivary glands.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

You know what to do! :)

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Sue-hope golf went well. I’ve never played but one of my son’s loves it. I think the main thing is-you can go out and play!

Carla-congrats on mom going home,

Karen-great pics!

Heather-glad you got to reconnect with family.

Barbie in NW WA-I love the wisdom in “Life is a series of opportunities to practice patience.”

Allie-good luck with thyroid biopsy. I am guessing they may do a fine needle aspiration. They basically just stick a needle in the area to draw out some of the cells. After they check them, they decide if a more surgical procedure is needed. It isn’t really bad, but the pressure is weird and depending on if they hit the nerves in there near your voice box you may want to cough, etc.

Logging in-I thought it was just me. However, I did just close out, skip the log in, clicked community and seem to be in. Really doesn’t bother me much one way or another. My government computer has daily log ins and push responses to approve.

We gave up landline years ago. After we both got cell phones and both mother’s passed, my husband (Mr. Cheap) thought it was a waste of money. I haven’t bothered changing it. I do make sure I have phone with me when I go to basement and outside. The apple watch also helps with security.

Glad to be on downside of the week. Have to deal with personnel issue this am. A staff member can’t seem to understand why it is a problem to call in sick continually. I am trying to reeducate them.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Logging in-I thought it was just me. However, I did just close out, skip the log in, clicked community and seem to be in.
    Ginny in Ohio

:+1::+1:

:)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Machka - my personal email is a disaster I try to delete as I go. My work email has folders and when I’m done with something it moves to the appropriate folder from my inbox. I never aim to get my inbox empty, just manageable.

Barbara - my Dad and Rodger’s Dad were both into CB’s and ham radios. I do know some younger people in my old area that were into them, I don’t know if they still are or not.
    We changed our phone system at work to VOIP it’s terrible. We had to get a new line for the alarm system and are currently dependent on staff having cell service in the event of an emergency.

Heather - feel better soon

Ginny - I’m happy not to have to have those conversations but I miss being a manager at times.

It is currently 410 in the morning, I’ve been awake for 40 minutes listening to the wind roar.

Today is my brothers 50th birthday! I am so proud of him. He starts his 4th block of school on Monday. He will then be the licensed mechanic he started to get when he was 18. He put his dreams and aspirations aside to help with failing grandparents and parents. I feel guilty for that a lot.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    Options
    Heather- I had a CB as a teen and I had a blast and made alot of new friends,it was I guess sort of the cell phone of the 70s lol
    Ginny- thank you for the heads up on the biopsy... they said something about numbing the area and yes I have to go to the radiology area of the hospital and they are doing it by ultrasound with a needle like you said.. after open heart surgery twice this is a piece of cake..
    I might be going with Tracy to the pediatrician with Miles we will see
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! A real quick "pop" on to say that I am loving all of the pics of pups and grands! Karen VA- Olivia is five, already! I knew it was coming, as Joaquin will be 5 next month. Boy! That flew by! She is a beauty! Rebecca- love the pic of Athena coaxing her boat across the water! Heather- the pics of your grands are always so lively! That Bea! o:)
    Katla- You will know when you find the right dog for you!
    Dogs- I love dogs; especially big dogs. But I have been dogless for my entire adulthood. Never got a dog while I was renting. Then I began my childcare business and a dog just seemed like a huge liability (especially bc I would want a malamute, and that breed would cancel my insurance) :( But I enjoy the neighborhood dogs who come visit us as we walk/play outside; and I enjoy my grand dog, Chappie.
    Landline- I have one I am required to for my business. Paying for it is not fun; but it comes in handy when you have to give your phone number to businesses/ or for potential clients. My family, childcare families, and close friends all phone/text me via my cell number.
    Emails- Yikes, Machka! That's a lot of emails! I can't even wrap my head around 2000! I get about 20-40 emails a day. 3/4 of them from the state and childcare affiliates, 1/4 of them junk mail or stuff I am no longer interested in. I like an empty inbox at the end of the day. The only correspondence that stays in my inbox are the things I need to work on or am currently working on. ONce the project is done, the emails get filed.

Kids arriving. Gotta fly! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Lanette)))

Heather Sorry you are under the weather!

Beth lol I'm cranky too.

Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I know it's ME that doesn't have the patience with the gentle leader. I just hate seeing Harley fight it so bad! He just claws and fights with it and doesn't seem to enjoy the walking part of the walk. Guessing that's the Chihuahua in him. Ah well... I suppose we'll continue to try. Maybe eventually.
    Back to work. Have a great day ladies!
    Carla Out!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    ahykbaszzm0w.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    MFP Log In: I changed my password and it brought me back to my page without making me log in again.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,074 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Barbara I called my friend earlier in the day. My number was the last one in her phone. Her dog got a hold of the phone. He was a puppy at the time and he must have hit the wrong button. Hence the call at 3:30 ### in the morning. I did wait to call her back the next day and told her about the call.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    Options
    Back from the pediatrician with Tracy and Miles .. he has gained 2 lbs since his first visit and that little imp rolled over all on his own at 5 weeks old..
    Im leaving in a hour or so to go to the hospital for the biopsy..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    6parkers wrote: »
    Just joining MFP so this will be my first post. I'm looking forward to learning about my pitfalls and how to navigate around them! I need to loose about 20 pounds but more importantly I want to start a lifestyle that is sustainable and healthy. Hope I can share and gather tips from everyone!
    6Parkers in VA

:) Welcome. One of the first suggestions I got when I started on this thread was to make reading it part of my day ---every day. By reading every day, I got to know the names and learned a few things that helped me. It took baby steps for me to develop the great habits I have today. I also got suggestions for books to read and podcasts to listen to so I could further improve my habits and attitudes. I hope to see you again.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had the pleasure of a telephone visit with my cousin & his wife this morning. I enjoyed the conversation.

Came to the health club. I am here a day before my yoga class. I expect to be here again tomorrow. I’m spending time on a stationary bike and watching Olympic Ice Skating. The current skater is Japanese.

Katla