WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a land line in over a decade. There's no reason to. There's no bundling. I've almost always got my phone with me ever since my husband's accident and especially since his grand mal seizure. My husband and I have different numbers and providers.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Since things have changed on MFP I have to log in each time I post. It is a bit different but I’m beginning to get used to the change.
    Oh well . . .
    Katla
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Machka— We have Direct TV via satellite. It provides many channels. Century Link is our telephone company & data processor. It works well enough. The topography here is difficult to get antenna service for local tv broadcasts. Closer to Portland, antenna service is free.

Katla
  • Katla49
    Options
    ❤️
  • Machka9
    edited February 2022
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Margaret & Machka ~ I do have my pages book marked. It's just that if I leave the site to visit another like Facebook, when I come back it has been making me Log In to MFP before I can go anywhere on the site.

Carol

Another question ... when you say you "leave the site to visit another", you mean, when you click the next tab to visit another site, right? You don't actually close MFP.

I flick back and forth between Facebook and MFP.

9ee9j7d9t9ct.png

These days, when I click the word "myfitnesspal" in the top, left corner to go to where we log our food and exercise, it appears that I'm logged out.

b62wwabwblk8.png

So I click the word Food or the word Exercise, and I'm in.

s5yl72axvxev.png

4b1ztr2y5l7w.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited February 2022
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Barbie like you, my cell phone is in my pocket whenever it’s not on the charger, and on silent mode. Unfortunately have one neighbor who won’t leave a voicemail, so unless I check my “recents” I’m slow to return her call.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    w06uwwr2bpkg.gif

I have a policy that almost all calls go to voicemail and if you don't leave a voicemail, I don't return the call.

I might answer a call if I know exactly who it is, such as a doctor or lawyer, and if I'm not busy.

But I figure if the person doesn't leave a voicemail or send a text, it wasn't that urgent and it's not something I have to deal with. It's a relief.

I don't use a phone to just chat.

Logging in. Guess I’m just paranoid. I’m careful to log out from mfp, FB, email, anything before shutting down. Means I have to log in every time? Yes. But feel more secure with no logged in accounts hanging out there in the cloud. Don’t know why, just do.

There are certain sites I log out of as soon as I'm done, but MFP is rarely one of them.

Also, I shut down my work computer each night, but shutting down my home computer is kind of a random thing.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka— We have Direct TV via satellite. It provides many channels. Century Link is our telephone company & data processor. It works well enough. The topography here is difficult to get antenna service for local tv broadcasts. Closer to Portland, antenna service is free.

Katla

Our TV guide tells us we get about 29 channels for free, but it doesn't really work like that. In reality there are about half that because one channel is basic (analogue?) and the other is high definition (HD).

That's all we get so I have purchased a collection of DVDs for months like January when all they play on most of the channels is tennis.

Netflix is starting to become more popular but we're not keen enough on watching TV to look into it.

This 2-week period, it's all about the Winter Olympics. :):)

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I didnt have much to share yesterday...
    But here I am another day.. will go pick up Carmine and drop them off and go back and hang out with Tracy and Miles
    Tomorrow afternoon I go for my thryoid biopsy. And then will come home and relax.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Tracey yes my father tried to help get my mom to go for her blood work. Maybe she will go today.

Machka good multitasking!

I haven't logged in or out of MFP in weeks on my Android phone.

Looks like a warm sunny day! I have to go pick up heartworm chews for Teddy. Then it's a yoga day.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :) I make it clear to the few people who call me that I will call them back only if they ask me to in a voicemail. If I happen to notice that a call is coming in, I will answer it only if I feel like talking and if it is from someone I recognize because their number is in my contacts. Otherwise, I let it go to voicemail. Yesterday I got a call from a man in another state asking me to participate in a zoom event he was planning for next month. He got my number from a mutual friend. He left a clear message about why he called and who gave him my number and I called him back immediately.

:) My one friend who likes to call and process a difficult life situation, will text me and say "is this a good time to talk?"

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Michele ditto with the phones

Barbie with all my opportunities...(Latest was going to my closest Bank to find it appointment only. Nothing on website about this. I ended up driving to the next closest five miles away)... I am certainly getting plenty of practice in the patience department. LOL
    I actually do a little happy dance when I can do the task the first time I attempt to complete the task. Then I ask myself is it really safe to cross it off my list. LOL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    vmdnmwp9delk.jpeg
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    So pip, he likes the new floors or no? I'm not sure I can tell from that distance! lol
    Does he fight his gentle leader? Harley HATES that thing. I've tried so many times to get him to wear it and he just tugs and tugs at it and spends so much time "worrying" about the danged thing that it takes away from our walking time, I just end up taking it off and letting him run back and forth and tug at me a bit. He's really not a horrible walker like our beagles were! OMG... don't get me started! But they responded wonderfully to the gentle leaders. He definitely does not.
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Yesterday we met the poodle breeder. She lives in the country on a large piece of land. She was getting ready for a dog show with two very large & beautiful black poodles and two excellent handlers. I am 5’8” and those dogs were hip high on me, They are beautiful & well behaved. I admit being a bit overwhelmed. There was also a middle sized sweet gray poodle who is about knee high to me. The breeder said she will have puppies next year. It seems like a very long time to wait for a new dog. I may call her for advice. I would love to hear what you think.

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:32
    Bonus: meeting prep, email SDAO re land line and authority, 41 mins grooming Tumble, veg prep
    Workin’ on it: 143.5, H20x6,
    Friendly February 2022
    8: Share what you’re feeling with someone you really trust. Told Joe how disheartened I was to keep finding mats in Tumble’s fur after so many days of grooming. He said it made a difference and encouraged me to continue.
    9: Thank someone and tell them how they made a difference for you.

Incredibly beautiful weather for February. Almost 70F today and hotter tomorrow. Crocuses, wild wood violets, Shasta daisies, heather.

Oops, pics came out huge so in spoiler
    vuhk42l24l7v.jpeg
    ifd4f1ho5s8a.jpeg
    hpbbo7b29qz2.jpeg
    e5867g3tc8l9.jpeg
    Tumble was sniffing at the heather when I noticed all the bumble bees. “Uh Oh!” pulled her back before she got stung.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but we’re starting to worry about water, so have returned the buckets to the bathroom. We’ll capture the dog’s water when changed, and shower sidesplash in them, for flushing.

Ginny “asking for . . . [what you] needed,. . .complimented what was good, said what next changes were needed . . .” Bravissima for the Non-Snarky-Victory. ;)
    Katla hope the standards are not too big for you and your dh to handle, and hopeful a healthy puppy is in your near future.
    Carla Thank goodness your mom can return to her apartment. Must be a huge relief to you.
    Margaret our firehouse’s landline used to be able to withstand power outages. Now that the company has switched from copper to fiber optic, no power=no land line. So much for “progress.” Your neighbor’s dog was up at 3:30 am and playing with her cell phone?
    Debbie accepting that abuse and holding that much in for so long, cannot be healthy. Can you pick one smallish issue and let it be the release valve? Surprise them all by setting just one boundary? ((hugs))
    Karen, Olivia is 5?!? Thanks be!!!
    Rebecca guess Athena is destined for a maritime career!
    Barbie like you, my cell phone is in my pocket whenever it’s not on the charger, and on silent mode. Unfortunately have one neighbor who won’t leave a voicemail, so unless I check my “recents” I’m slow to return her call.
    Michele when I had Consumer Cellular (Tmoble/ATT) for a carrier, voicemail was frequently delayed for 3+ days. Now that we’re using Spectrum (Verizon), no problem!
    Tracey ((hugs))

Logging in. Guess I’m just paranoid. I’m careful to log out from mfp, FB, email, anything before shutting down. Means I have to log in every time? Yes. But feel more secure with no logged in accounts hanging out there in the cloud. Don’t know why, just do.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    w06uwwr2bpkg.gif

Yes! Or those people at the front of the boat telling everyone the cadence of rowing! She is gonna be bossy!
    Rebecca😁💖
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Harrumph. My mom left the trash bag sitting inside by the door instead of putting it in the bin. So of course Teddy took that as an invitation and chewed it up. Ugh. I cleaned up, then I gave Teddy his heartworm chew for the month. Then I realized odds are high he will barf up the heartworm along with whatever he got out of the trash. Doggie moms have a lot to worry about. Maybe it will all be fine.

Meanwhile I have not started my morning exercise yet as I had to go out and get more heartworm chews. Then I was hungry so I had a yogurt. So my diet and exercise plan is already screwed up today. Let's hope a few adjustments won't derail me. Next is exercise, then a late lunch so I won't need the yogurt snack. Then I will be back on track except for writing. I can make this work!

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Katla - 2 things to consider, one is that Poodles while great are not the only wonderful breed out there. and two that this gal is not the only poodle breeder. I would consider looking around at other opportunities also. And some breeders, who breed for show and stud will not sell puppies with good show traits unless you commit to showing your dog. I am sure there must be other dog breeders within driving distance of you.

Kim in N. California