Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Shopping - Rodger and I haven’t shopped in anything but a hardware store together in probably 33 years. I have no idea how he shops and I’m sure he has no idea how I shop.
    We do enjoy the hardware stores and flea market type places together though.

Boredom- Machka, I often say I’m bored. Not because I don’t have a ton of things I could be doing just that I don’t have anything I want to do.

Rebecca - did you make the Christmas tree out of jewelry yourself? I have jewelry and velvet ready to do one of these for each of my girls but I keep being intimidated. It’s one of those things I could do but choose to be bored instead. 😂

We celebrated our daughters birthdays on Saturday with a meal and a fire at our youngest’s house. We brought the grands back with us for a sleepover. It was nice to have them, first time since September we’ve had both at once I think and first since November we’ve had either of them.

It’s been a miserable few weeks at work, but I am hopeful the worse is passing now. I need a break and am thinking of taking some time off.

My Mom’s nursing home is on Outbteak, currently 17 cases of Covid. So far, Mom isn’t one of them. She is fully vaccinated so I would think it would be a mild case for her if she does get it. She is relatively healthy for being in a home. She has Alzheimer’s but only physical ailment is diabetes.

Off to have a bath, I’ve been reading along daily just not commenting.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I have a long list of things I need to do ... and a long list of things I want to do.

But I can manage only one thing or a part of a thing each evening and half the time I start something that looks simple only to discover there are all kinds of layers to it.

I go home after work like I am doing right now and while I'm on the bus I think about what I need to do this evening. This evening is my cycling club's national AGM. It's via ZOOM so I should be able to multitask by dealing with and filing emails.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Tracey ... I am ALL in favour of leave. Take the time off!
  • Machka9
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    We're still working on our condo remodel! We had decided to paint our bathroom a different color than the living room and bedroom. My husband picked up a can of bathroom wall paint and another can of the paint that we painted our doors with. As he was painting the bathroom I thought that I liked the color but it didn't seem as dark as I thought it would be. He put up the new light fixture and towel rack as well as the switch plates and started on the wood trim. Then we decided to put the door on. It was at that point I said I don't think that you painted the walls the right color! The walls are the same color as the door! He said no the wall paint is just wet. Well, actually it was the wrong paint! He accidentally opened up the new can of paint for the doors! I'm thinking of just leaving it because it actually looks nice. He wants to repaint it! It would be a lot of work because he would have to take everything off of the walls again!! Stay tuned for further development...

Have a great day everyone!

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota

Inquiring minds want to know ... what colour??
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I don’t know if I would like hot desking or not. I like knowing that there’s scotch tape, etc. and where it is.

Michele NC

Supplies would be in the supply cupboard.

It's rare I need more than a pen and notebook. Occasionally, I go hunting for highlighters to use once or twice ... and then I don't touch them again for several months.

Machka in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: wii, Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, SWSY, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 3:35.
    Workin’ on it: 143.3, H20x6,
    Friendly February 2022
    7: Show an active interest by asking questions when talking to others. Gently! Not an interrogation. :}
    8: Share what you’re feeling with someone you really trust.

Breakthrough more with Joe than with me. For example, a few days ago, after walking barefoot in the floor, he mentioned feeling the “stuff” on the foam mats. As I picked them up to move them to the deck for shaking/vacuuming, he got the broom and dustpan and swept the floor! But the real breakthrough was that instead of saying “Oh, you DO know how to use a broom!” I just smiled and said “Thank you, Joe.”

Barbie, Katla, Rebecca you are inspiring me to work on the taxes at least a little . . . ;)
    Tracey, sorry to hear about hell at work, glad to hear you got to host the grands.
    Sue ditto Michele's question about the septic alarm. $350 for a house call with no allowance for pumping out or repairs sounds very $pendy to me.

There was more, but whoops, Joe’s up, so time to go sit with him for a few before snoozin’

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    w1xvlhp3g5ta.gif
  • Machka9
    Options
    Something to think about if you have trouble sleeping ...

837vztejy1y9.png
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Michelle NC -I have not noticed the handles getting hot. I really like the popcorn bowl. Story of gym:
    Gym was on lower floor or a physical therapy center. Started off years ago with just one doctor upstairs and pt. Downstairs had children’s pt. They moved children’s pt. to another location. Bottom floor was used for athletic training, overflow pt. and the open gym. They had some doctor offices on part of first floor. They took over half of gym for new physician offices. The plan is to add to the other side of building for new gym area. That construction is delayed due to covid and supplies, etc. so they shut down gym function for now to build offfices for contracted doctors. They are looking for new facility for temporary use until new addition is put on. I don’t care to join some of the public gyms right now. I can use a workout room at one of the county offices but not sure about who goes there. May check it out this Friday when I go to that location for a meeting-I haven’t seen it for a while. Meanwhile, if I can walk and use what I have at home, I can stay in shape. Especially once I get basement finished and cleaned out, which is in process.

Mary-congratulations on joint decision regarding bathroom. Many such things don’t really have a wrong decision, it is a question of the couple working through the decision.

Tracy-hope things settle at work and your mother remains safe. Things are looking betting in my area, but I remember when we couldn’t envision things getting to this level! Yes-take time off.

Barbara AHMOD-good job watching response to Joe! I have been working on such things at work. Have been edgy the last few months (I think the whole pandemic thing impacting somewhat). I had a similar experience with someone yesterday. While I am sure that thought I was being a pain asking for what I asked for, I felt I needed it before I could make decision on something they asked. After I got it and reviewed I didn’t harp or get snarky about how I would have done it-I complimented the part that was good and said what next changes were needed.

Off to start my day.

Take care all,

Ginny In Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have an appointment to meet the Poodle breeder today. I am looking forward to meeting the owner and dog. I don’t know when puppies will be born. 🐩
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Nice day so far. Going to give golf another try this afternoon. My problem is I think I should play like I did pre-COVID. Nothing is the same!
    Everyone have a nice day.
    SueBDey in TX
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,387 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Katla - I do hope the mother poodle will have the temperament that makes you and your DH want one of her puppies!

Carla in MN - Wonderful! I'd be excited too.

On the subject of tact... I was not and am not good at holding my tongue, but there have been times I went home from work with bite marks on my tongue to keep from saying something. Luckily, when I married Corey, I told him I was a blurter. I still am.

Thought about going into town, but as the morning goes on, the urge to go in is waning...

I think I need some breakfast before I decide.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Carla ~ Great news about your mom.

Katla ~ I sure hope meeting mama poodle is going to be a good experience and know how excited you are!

Mary ~ It seems like on an HGTV show I was watching this AM that they said painting the walls, woodwork and ceiling the same color are in style.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Mary It took our cable company three weeks to install the cable in the meantime mice or squirrels chewed through it. They contract that job out. Fortunately we got a good person to do the job. He had a tool that sliced the top soil about 12 inches so he did not have to dig a trench much less invasive. Some one else was supposed to attach it to the electric post in our backyard. Rather than wait another three weeks I wound it like a hose put a bungie on it, and then hung it to a fence post so it was off the ground. We have not had a problem with animals biting through it since. My issues with cable it will cut out unexpectedly and if power goes off no landline or cable. Yes we still have a landline.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Uuu
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Logging in to MFP: I am having the problem that every time I leave the site I have to log back in again to visit. I thought this was only supposed to happen only when I cleaned the history out of the browser. This had never happened until recently.

Any help would be appreciated!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Logging in to MFP: I am having the problem that every time I leave the site I have to log back in again to visit. I thought this was only supposed to happen only when I cleaned the history out of the browser. This had never happened until recently.

Any help would be appreciated!

Carol in GA

Same here, Carol. It's annoying.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR