WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    It's back to school day after summer holidays today.

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Carol and Flea I booked marked the site in my bookmarks. I just go to my book marks and school down til I see Feb women 50+. It is faster to log in that way. I don't have to go the book marks on mfp and then click on women 50+ or have to log in again.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Margaret & Machka ~ I do have my pages book marked. It's just that if I leave the site to visit another like Facebook, when I come back it has been making me Log In to MFP before I can go anywhere on the site.

Carol
  • margaretturk
    Options
    I like having a landline because we have a two story house with a basement and it makes it easier to answer the phone. We did switch it into a bundle with our computer. In doing that we have three phones that screens calls so we know not to answer if we can tell it is a scammer. Again the down side is we lose electricity we lose our land line. We do have cell phones for when we are out and about and if we lose service. I notice when one of my friends gave up her landline it made it difficult to get a hold of her. She has a big house and I am sure she cannot hear her cell phone. She does not carry it around with her. She is the one whose dog called me at 3:30 in the morning when he got a hold of her cell phone.
  • margaretturk
    Options
    Carol I tried it again I did not have to log in to mfp again. The drawback is it takes me to page 2 of the site. I just click on last page of the site in this case 21 and read backwards. Again find it easier than using the bookmark mfp sets up. I did this for Jan too and then deleted from my bookmarks when Feb came.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 35min 14sec, 159elev, 91ahr, 119mhr, 8.15mi= 762c
    Strava app= 984c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 25.22min, 98elev, 98aw, 18.1amph, 137ahr, 162mhr, 7.65mi= 235c
    Strava app= 141c
    Zwift stats- 25.23min, 98elev, 97aw, 71arpm, 18.11amph, 7.66mi= 142c
    Other- pressure wash front and back patios, 54.53min, 87ahr, 99mhr= 257c

Total cal 1254
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells yay! And I stayed under calories even though I ate too much candy then skipped my chicken and sweet potato. Gotta work on the sweet cravings. At least this year I'm not expecting Valentine's candy. I think I had my share at Christmas.

Annie in Delaware

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka — Can’t speak for others. We post daily or more. Many times I have to login more than once.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Logging in to MFP: I am having the problem that every time I leave the site I have to log back in again to visit. I thought this was only supposed to happen only when I cleaned the history out of the browser. This had never happened until recently.

Any help would be appreciated!

Carol in GA

Same here, Carol. It's annoying.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Do you actually need to log in? Try clicking on one of the headings first.

Not usually. But recently (past three or four days), nothing appears (no other options) except the log in/sign up button. It's very strange. I could just book mark this discussion on my computer, and I could go directly here without logging in (as I do at work), but I've never had to do that before.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Options
    We visited poodle breeders today. They are focusing on competition. We are looking for a healthy puppy. We are on the list for future litters. ❤️
  • Katla49
    Options
    PS —the standard poodles were beautiful and bigger than I imagined they would be. One dog seemed to be getting ready to compete in a dog show.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :) We got rid of our landline a few years ago because with so many extensions there was no way to turn off the ringer easily when napping or going to bed early and we were tired of being awakened by the phone. We got a price break from the cable company even though it was bundled with TV and internet. With only cell phones, I like that I get calls for me only and hubby gets his calls on his phone. I keep my cell phone on silent most of the time so I can choose when I want to receive a call or message. I carry my cell phone in my pocket when I'm walking outside the house or moving about. It sits on the charger while I'm sitting at the table.

:)Katla, yes, standard poodles are big. Sasha was the smallest in her litter and she weighs about 40 pounds. One of her male litter mates weighs 78 pounds.

:) Yes, MFP changed things and I have to log in every time. So I do it. It's no big deal. Life is a series of opportunities to practice patience.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Worked, dropped off some empty cat litter containers to a friend, then went to make a donation to the Salvation Army (and go in), prebowled, got dinner ready, worked on the puzzle some, ceramics tonight but first we need to pick up some prescriptions.

Barbara – I bet Joe appreciated you acknowledging his work

minicooper – so happy for your mom. How are you feeling about this?

Carol – now that you mention it, only lately have I had to log back in. To me, it’s not a big deal

Margaret – we have a landline along with our cell phones. It was part of a bundle, too. The advantage I can see to having both is if the landline goes out, we can call to report the problem on our cell phone, and vice versa. I really prefer if someone calls the house phone and leaves a message. If they leave a message on my cell phone, I’m lucky to get it two months later

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    uys4kymq8ayu.jpeg
    diyzjoc87jzq.jpeg
  • goyologo
    goyologo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    uys4kymq8ayu.jpeg
    diyzjoc87jzq.jpeg

<3 Sweetie pies <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - thank you. I have to try making one.
    I love the picture of Athena cheering for her boat.

Machka - I like that insomnia thing. It makes so much sense.

Carla - great news for your Mom!

Annie - can your Father help convince your Mother to do what needs done for her health?

Debbie - holding things in always causes issues later on. I hope you speak up soon.

Karen - they are sweet!

We got rid of our landline when we moved here in 2016. We each have a cell phone. We very rarely receive calls anymore it’s mostly text or email nowadays. I do talk to some friends and family. We both get calls from our doctors. That’s about it.

Another rough day today. I’m hopeful tomorrow will be better.

Tracey in Edmonton

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Margaret & Machka ~ I do have my pages book marked. It's just that if I leave the site to visit another like Facebook, when I come back it has been making me Log In to MFP before I can go anywhere on the site.

Carol

Have you tried clicking somewhere without logging in?
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka — Can’t speak for others. We post daily or more. Many times I have to login more than once.

Have you tried clicking somewhere ... on a heading or something .. without logging in?

I'm asking because my MFP often tells me I need to log in but then I start using it without logging in and it's OK.

Yesterday, for example, I went to look at my food diary and noticed that I was not logged. So I clicked Food anyway and MFP changed me to logged in.

That often happens. MFP says I am not logged in but I just start using it and suddenly I am logged in.

Try!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I did my dumbbells yay! And I stayed under calories even though I ate too much candy then skipped my chicken and sweet potato. Gotta work on the sweet cravings. At least this year I'm not expecting Valentine's candy. I think I had my share at Christmas.

Annie in Delaware

I was doing my dumbbells during my Zoom meeting yesterday. I had my video off. :)

M in Oz