WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I saw that earlier today and loved it.

I had a great afternoon with our eldest daughter. We managed to get two stops in sans children. We did stop and pick Michaela up from kindergarten after our second stop. She wanted to buy a toy. Her Mom said no that she had left Michaela’s money at home. I asked how much she had and that I could lend her the money and she could pay me back when they went home.
    She had $130! She spent 94 of it on a Barbie toy she wanted and was so happy.
    On the way to the car I said who do you need to thank for the toy, she said Grammie, meaning me. I said, No. who gave you the money, she said Grammie. I said no, where did you get the money you’re paying me back with she said “I don’t know”. 😂.

It was her Christmas and Birthday money from her paternal Great Grandparents. They give each great grandchild a $50 bill for Christmas and Birthdays. Michaela’s is just so close together. The other $30 came from her Nana and Papa.

I stopped at Indigo and bought 6 books off of the bargain rack. It’s my favourite way of finding new authors books were 3 for $10 so a great deal.

I bought felt to make stockings for my best friend and her husband and decided to make one for my brother and sister in law too. This should keep me busy for 2 or 3 months.

Hubby is sound asleep on the couch and has been since around 730. He will be awake before midnight I’m sure.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori — I love the world is just a cat playing with Australia. Thank you for putting a smile on my face. 😊

Katla
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Well, these are just ashes, and at the end of the day he was a pet. But Vince feels that he needed to have them. I honestly don’t understand.

Michele NC

My "pets" have been family, never just a pet.

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Rori - Your new job sounds 'just the ticket'. :p:p You are really plunging into your new life. <3
    Sorry about all the annoying health blips. Boo to aging! I love Barbie's meme.

Lots and lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx who hopes you will have a daring adventure over this side of the pond soon. <3<3<3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO,
    Bonus: 54 mins grooming Tumble,
    Workin’ on it: 142.2, H20x6, active 3:10 :P
    Friendly February 2022
    11: Send an encouraging note to someone who needs a boost.
    12: Focus on being kind rather than being right. Ah, yes.

Restful, bathrobe day. Way short on steps, didn’t even get dogs down to the powerline, but sure enjoyed lazy reading.

My FB account got hacked. Some kid changed my cover pic to be his face, underlit by flashlight, creepy, and sent it to 3 people via my messenger account. Followed the FB steps, changed password, deleted the messenger conversations, changed cover picture back to what it was. Hmpf.

Vicki hope your tum settles down. Sorry for your frustrations but glad you’ve found the key!
    Heather ((hugs)) for understanding the problem. Yippee for the national newspaper inquiry! WOW for your famous new friend.
    Katla love hearing you resonated with the silver poodle. You’ve been waiting sooo long. March will be here before you know it.
    Allie prayers continue.
    Flea ((hugs))
    Michelle well done with Jerry. Would Lynette’s mother be open to CBD? Has been proven to help with appetite, nausea in cancer patients.
    Rebecca ((hugs))
    Tracey enjoy your days off. Hope next week is better.
    Machka “luge” :no_way:
    Barbie “Of course, I'd need a different body…” :laugh:
    Beth “…walking without injury. . .” Now there’s a sport I could aspire to.
    Julie I think one veg-free meal won’t do too much harm.
    Rori it makes me smile to think of your tuxedo shirted self ushering. Is that uniform also required for the outdoor venue?
    Debbie ((hugs)) Imagine your DH’s honest but tactless (closer to the cat) response really hurt.

Cocoa and biscotti are gone, Joe’s up, time to sign off.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.

9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Saturday --

Organised another cycling event. This time it was a 300 km and we had 5 riders. It was a good day for them and they all finished in good time. :)

We sent them off at 6 am and then started our own shorter event at about 7 am. That was the 60 km ride I posted earlier.

We finished the ride, had something to eat, and then drove out to one of towns the 300 km riders would go through at their 200 km point. We had food and water for them there. When they had all gone through, we drove back to the start to relax and wait for them to finish.

I am very tired right now. I didn't sleep well last night and the 5:30 am start was way too early. Then doing the ride, drive, etc. added to the fatigue.

Fortunately it is a long weekend!

Machka in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning all:

I am glad to be at Saturday. Catching up on my reading.

Flea-I bet the treatments do feel like they are kicking your butt. Just try to be good to yourself and rest.

Rebecca-saying goodbye to our kids is just never easy-and Guam is quite the distance away. My husband was a total wreck when our oldest left for basic (AF). He cried from the airport back to our house (an hour drive). A little retail therapy isn’t bad (and it sound like you were really reasonable!)

Julie-halo ice cream is very popular here. I get the peanut butter bars sometimes.

Rori-your ushering job sounds awesome! My cholesterol seems to always be fairly good. I attribute it to eating fairly well (lots of vegetables, fish once a week or so, chicken) and exercise. I do a lot of walking. It may be genetics. However, my maternal uncle had horrible problems with cholesterol and they kept increasing statins (he told me when his numbers went up they just gave him another medicine). I forget how many bypasses he had. He ended up with liver cancer. I think the less drugs the better. LOVE the cat map!

Tracy-that sounds like one heck of a Barbie toy for $94! Your granddaughter sounds so cute.

Running out to Meijer this am. Don't need much from store in terms of food. May pick up some salad mid-week. Have some turkey in fridge I didn't freezer-going to cook some patties today and make a small pot of turkey chili. Defrosting a small shrimp ring for Super Bowl dinner tomorrow. May pick up some pre-made chicken wings (I like them for football). Mainly need to get some vitamins and they have the best selection. Then home to pay bills, clean, and I want to try to get up final basement ceiling panels.

Enjoy the day.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Debbie- my ex has as of right now 3 dogs and a cats ashes in cremation boxes with pictures on a shelf in the family room and im sure when Homer goes he will be up there too.. and Tom wants them all to be buried with him lol
    Rori- sounds like a wonderful gig and fun keep us in the loop..
    Alfie going to visit over at Tom and Elenas today.. he hasnt been in awhile and they miss him.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) I learned a long time ago that grief is very personal and each person has their own way to deal with it. It is important that I allow others to grieve without expecting them to meet my standards.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    lk6s5vo2gf41.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Today my mom got up to come to the kitchen and then she had to sit down again. She said she wasn't dizzy, just a little lightheaded. What? Then she said it's just old age and it happens every morning. I said it could be her new medicine. But she said no. It's so hard to take care of someone who won't cooperate! She still won't even take her blood pressure. I'm thinking I might stop buying her chocolate candies until she at least takes her blood pressure.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Debbie — We have lost beloved dogs. They have been cremated and we have their ashes. They will be scattered with us someday. Hopefully it will be a long time from now.

Now we are looking for a new puppy. We’ve found a terrific breeder and are looking forward to getting a new puppy when it is old enough to leave its mama and come home with us.

Katla