WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Well I am back on the wagon, after indulging in cookies and candy and whatnot this weekend. I'll be lucky to hold even at weigh-in on Friday. But there's no reason not to try again.

My writing has been off lately too. I've just been lazy. Time to end the recrimination and just do it!

I put my mother's blood work on the calendar but she doesn't feel like getting it done today. But I can't let that affect my diet/exercise plan. She is gaining weight and eating lots of candy and stuff. But I don't have to.

I'm going to have a cup of tea then sit down and write.

Annie in Delaware

Ps I cautiously think I might have won against the fleas!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    MOM'S GOING HOME ON FRIDAY! Yup, the doc, ot, pt, everyone thinks she's ready to go back to her apartment. She's still in her collar and will need some extra nursing assistance at her apartment, but she can go home and she is SO EXCITED!
    Carla in MN

Awesome, that's great news! Hugs from
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I have to log back in every time I close my post, too. Sometimes I log in on my computer and other times I log in on my phone. Recently I’ve posted from my phone most often. DH isn’t feeling very well and wants me to sit with him frequently. It is easier to sit beside him with the phone than to carry my laptop upstairs.

Today we are supposed to meet the breeder of Poodle Mama along with the dog. I want DH to come along & he is reluctant to go due to an upset tummy.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Mary It took our cable company three weeks to install the cable in the meantime mice or squirrels chewed through it. They contract that job out. Fortunately we got a good person to do the job. He had a tool that sliced the top soil about 12 inches so he did not have to dig a trench much less invasive. Some one else was supposed to attach it to the electric post in our backyard. Rather than wait another three weeks I wound it like a hose put a bungie on it, and then hung it to a fence post so it was off the ground. We have not had a problem with animals biting through it since. My issues with cable it will cut out unexpectedly and if power goes off no landline or cable. Yes we still have a landline.

I am jealous you still have a landline.🙃. When we moved into this rental house there was a note in a cable box outside saying the houses wiring is bad, and that all the phone jacks were daisy chained together. Its like those old Christmas lights when they would go out, but you didn't know WHICH light was the offender! The management company and owner don't want to bother fixing it, because no one has landlines anyway. So our 1957 rotary phone is plugged into our modem upstairs because she's the only phone we have loud enough to hear her ringing from downstairs. I have her table downstairs though, just waiting until we have a place to buy an adapter, and have her sit where she's supposed to sit. We have a phone we can take downstairs if we don't feel like running upstairs. Some days the scammers are particularly annoying! We would love to just have the rotary and not play any technical nonsense. We would have our doctors offices know to call husbands stupid phone (its not a smart phone so what else do I call it?), so we could press the appropriate button to confirm an appointment etc.
    Rebecca
    Not a fan of technology
    (As I hold my tablet🙄😂😂)
    On Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    I just bookmark the new page on my tablet, and delete the old page. Easy peasy.
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    <3:(B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Margaret — We still have a landline telephone in our home. It is part of a bundle that includes TV & internet. Separately we have cell phones.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Carla that's fantastic!

I had my tea and impulsively trimmed poor Teddy.
    But I will sit down and write!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Katla - I do hope the mother poodle will have the temperament that makes you and your DH want one of her puppies!

Carla in MN - Wonderful! I'd be excited too.

On the subject of tact... I was not and am not good at holding my tongue, but there have been times I went home from work with bite marks on my tongue to keep from saying something. Luckily, when I married Corey, I told him I was a blurter. I still am.

Thought about going into town, but as the morning goes on, the urge to go in is waning...

I think I need some breakfast before I decide.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I have come home from "visits" to my mother in laws with those bite marks on my tongue many times.
    Dh doesn't want me to speak up, just to sit there and take what ever she says, because he thinks it is easier on HIM later. He lets her do the same to him- because he hasn't stopped it, she continues to do it, then he comes home ranting to me about it
    I have always been the one to hold my tongue- don't like confrontation, but as I have gotten older, it has started to really get to me- one day I will just let them all have it- they will be shocked.
    So many things would be different if I had just been brave enough to speak up for myself.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Options
    Mary--I agree with the others, if you like the color of the bathroom I would leave it.

I will finish up getting our tax papers together this evening and then DH can drop them off to be done. Be glad to have that off the list.

Machka--Interesting information about conditioned insomnia. It makes sense and helps me understand. I get myself worked up about not being able to sleep and when I get in bed my mind takes off in all kinds of directions.

Carla--Great news about your mom getting to go home. Pray all goes well.

We also have a land line as it come in the bundle with cable and internet. Not many people call it as we both have cell phones.

Well my phone at work went out and I am waiting for IT to come replace it. Going to stop at the gym on the way out of work today.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carla, I'm glad your mom can go home!

Karen in VIrginia
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    we still have a landline- not sure why, most calls are spam.
    Mom has a landline because cell service in her area is spotty at best. Problem is that since fires, there has been nothing but trouble with it. It was out for over two months back in the fall. Then it went back out again for over three weeks. They don't have enough techs to do the work. Her friend/neighbor has been having trouble too- hers was out for months because of the fires- burned all the lines and is having trouble again with hers.
    It was hard being an hour away and not being able to contact her.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Wonderful to see the kids again. Of course, they treated us as if they saw us yesterday. I think Edie was more aware and said she had missed us. Max walked home with us, unusually. Bea just wanted snacks. It was fantastic to see DH back in his old best role - child whisperer. That man is a marvel with kids. :o<3
    Pic in the playground. Bea was telling DH about a child who had a bad accident there, so they removed some equipment.
    uj5a6l332nw2.jpg

At their house I relaxed on the sofa, after making a cup of tea, while DH played endless card games!

Chatted to my son about their recently booked summer holiday in Slovenia. :p Covid hit him hard. He is still tired. Max proudly told us that his red line on the test was the strongest! :p

Then walked home. Phew! I had prepared falafel and hummus with chopped salad. Easy and quick to produce when we got in.

Now watching recording of The Great Pottery Throwdown.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Karen & Heather ~ Great photos!

Happy 5th Birthday to Olivia. She and Phoenix look so much alike...really cute!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Olivia turned 5!

Can you believe it?

Phoenix is as big as she is (and he's 15 months younger).

#miraclegirl
    ueablbt2selp.jpeg
    zwc12nbibl5y.jpeg
    tkehagu90q1r.jpeg
    h4a3v4ktic36.jpeg

Karen in Virginia

So cute!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    My tuna boats today!
    Sprinkled with Old Bay and everything seasoning!
    iqoupc97zsg7.jpg
    Heaven.
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Logging in to MFP: I am having the problem that every time I leave the site I have to log back in again to visit. I thought this was only supposed to happen only when I cleaned the history out of the browser. This had never happened until recently.

Any help would be appreciated!

Carol in GA

Same here, Carol. It's annoying.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Do you actually need to log in? Try clicking on one of the headings first.