WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 640 Member
    Heading off to a scrap retreat for the weekend in a minute. I may pop in to read about y'all if I have time between treats and drinks. (yup, it's one of those weekends... calories don't count) LOVE YA!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    (((Lisa)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,799 Member
    edited February 2022
    Karen: We are fully vaccinated, and expect to be called for another booster in the near future.

Watching the ladies skating finals at the minute. Class!!!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,582 Member
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dogs to powerline, dog group, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:14
    Bonus: veg prep, back to Bad Girls Bible Study.
    Workin’ on it: 143.5, DOH!, H206.
    Friendly February 2022
    16: Check in on someone who may be struggling and offer to help. D&R? C? Ru?
    17: Appreciate the good qualities of someone in your life.

Machka gorgeous cabbage! What about sauerkraut?
    Allie thank goodness for the favorable results, both yours and your DD’s. Fingers X’d the dietician has some helpful ideas. Brava for setting a boundary with Carmine.
    KJ and Katla I like my cottage cheese with citrus (clementines, navel oranges, red grapefruit) in the winter and black cherries and white peachs in the summer. Spring and fall its either pineapple or no cottage cheese for me.
    Annie brava for not giving up. Well done!
    Debbie glad to hear your mom is ready to scale back the plantings. Any hope to get help (4H-ers or?) with garden maintenance? Last year pastor’s wife gave me a zucchini plant that did fine potted in the plastic mini-greenhouse on the porch. I nipped ‘em off when they were tiny, the way I like them, and it produced all summer. Thanks for the frozen cottage cheese to ricotta texture tip.
    Vicki good job keeping up with the gym.
    Katla AHA! So it was YOU who snuck that monster zucchini into my parked car when I left the window open :laugh:
    Michele Joe has noticed how the cereal boxes have gotten narrower, but more expensive. Pfaugh. “…toilet and the end of the driveway…” :laugh:
    Kim (and Tracey) “…lives at your house…” LOL!
    Pip which beach? Heartstopping pic. And how can you tell that face it’s time to go?
    Rori :love: $400 off your lavender phone.
    Betsy good luck with your cataract surgery. Joe’s improved his vision dramatically and immediately. Prayers for the stent, that it allows you to manage glaucoma without drops, what a great hope. Sounds like you have a great Part B supplemental plan.
    Barbie :love: the comfy crew
    Mary fingers X’d for the grands’ visit.
    Heather hooray for SHORT visit. Two years waiting for surgery, how I hate the impacts of this virus. “…always great when you start out with a reluctant heart, struggle for a bit..” true of so many things, activity, interpersonal intentions… ((hugs)) and hoping the shock wears off soon and ankle heals fully before the cruise. Will there be dancing on board?
    Terri “. . .DH and I will continue to protect ourselves as best we can.” Ditto.
    One of my dance pals said “Government says you don’t have to mask when dancing, when will you be back.” My reponse was that I don’t care what the Government says, it’s a personal responsibility issue. Joe and I are both over 70, over weight and former smokers, so even though we’re double vaxxed and boosted, chances of complications are not good. I also have to tell myself that doing all I can to keep us safe is more important than dancing or singing indoors with friends.
    Karen, didn’t know that about the 4th dose, thank you SO much for posting. Does Pfizer vs Moderna make a difference?
    Ginny, didn’t know about Applie watch’s fall monitor. What a great idea. Understand it can also monitor heart activity. Might have to start saving…
    KJ ((hugs)) So frustrating for you that he doesn’t take your advice seriously, for him that to ease pain he has to burn his skin. Any alternatives?
    Julie “soy yogurt” :sick: My breakfasts are always “veggie free” unless there are potatoes :laugh:
    Barbie thanks for the stories of how Olympic skaters did their best to keep safe.
    Lisa glad to see you posting, sorry and angry for what the SocSec and VA systems are putting you through. Bravissima for persisting. That “per lifetime” restriction is both chilling and unbelievable. Hope there is an ombudsman or other appeals option. Your service entitles you to better treatment.
    Carol, prayer for your DnL’s missionary mom said. Danger zone.
    Carla enjoy your retreat! Hope it’s a real de-stressor.
    Welcome @jpeters25 Joni in Tulsa! Let us know a little about you?

All caught up from yesterday at last. Time to get up off my duff.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, made up 2/14 SWSY, osteo back, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, active 5:09.
    Bonus: laptop zoom test and pickup, Freddie’s, veg & mushroom prep.
    Workin’ on it: 140.9, Hooray!, H20x6.
    Friendly February 2022
    15: Support a local business with a positive online review or friendly message.
    16: Check in on someone who may be struggling and offer to help. D&R? C? Ru?

Going to bed snackless last night had good scale results this morning. Can I do it again?

Got my laptop back, restored the files I’d temporarily updated from Joe’s pc, but wow, the paperwork and filing pile up in just a few days. Tomorrow will be a “reconcile-update spreadsheets-and-file” morning.

KJ thank you so much for your advice to Allie. You have the experience and knowledge and said it so much better than I would have. Likewise Barbie and Katla, well said.
    Machka stunning river pics. Is that near where you live or was it an excursion?
    Carla hooray for honest logging!
    Vicki don’t you just hate it when you work harder to pay more in taxes? ((hugs)) to you and your DH and your pug.
    Rita gorgeous pics, brava for trying to be positive.
    Rebecca I admire your ability to find the fun in purging unneeded objects. A skill I wish I had… sometimes ;)
    Katla hope there are no “supply chain delay”s in getting your car parts.
    Heather “…felt the tendons tear…” oww! Sounds like collapsing is the right idea. And perhaps asking your weekend guests to “help themselves” and even wait on you? No standing in the kitchen preparing your normal gourmet feasts!
    Michele, hope you can let the “million things” go. Aren’t you supposed to be on vacation?
    Welcome @AliceK813 Alice from FL! Great progress!
    Sue how frustrating. Did you speak with the branch manager and show the instructions specifying photocopy? Personally when all’s done and done, I’d find a more cooperative bank.
    Kim your insights on how Allie can avoid the inevitable creep are spot on. Your no-water garden sounds gorgeous. Seasonal pics? So wise to only plant O N E zucchini :laugh:
    Pip :love: the pooped pooch-with-teddy-bear pic.
    Tracey your stocking project sounds both fun and effective.
    Sue what about cider?

Caved in and had cocoa and biscotti. Relished and enjoyed every sip and bite. Will remember that tomorrow morning when the scale bumps up.[sigh]

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

Awe, if I don't use it, it goes. For example this is what is on my kitchen table for today. Just stuff I pick up, and know we haven't touched in so long! (Boring pics so I put in a spoiler)
    2aae19o6g30i.jpg
    jkfpto8p9bf8.jpg
    vsx46qoidf4k.jpg
    89rk55v6zva3.jpg
    But you get an idea.
    To me being a bit more minimalistic helps me flow thru my day better. It makes me see the important things, I can cleaner easier, its all positive things.
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca

But a lot of those things you might use ... like the bandages, for example. Those are things I stock up on.

Three of the boxes were nose strips, and though they do help a cold, its neither husband nor I first go to thing when we do have stuffy noses. I feel claustrophobic with them on, and husband has a big honker! The kids bandaids are more for show, too much plastic picture, not enough bandaid part. I have a whole plastic box with dividers from the little dot bandaids to the huge square "should we call an ambulance" bandaids. 😁👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    welcome mvarga1972
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,788 Member
    edited February 2022
    Oh, I forgot the cherry on top of the VA sundae... Got my annual letter in the mail that shows the VA benefits I receive (which at that very moment made me roll my eyes back so far I'm pretty sure I saw my brain... 🙄 ). I picked the letter back up again yesterday while I was filing stuff - and in glancing over it, I saw they are still using my previous married last name (Mrazik). I was married to Corey, my current and final husband, 13 YEARS AGO.

80ib2grckf4w.png

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    My the way, when they built this kitchen they didn't know what they were doing half the time! The backsplash part is glued using glue that stained the paint area. (See above bacon fat pic). Plus its not actually stuck on, just leaning on it. Its a rental thru and thru! Lee says, we aren't using our money to pay for things they should've fixed before we moved in! So we just made a note of it in the check-in sheet and the crappy kitchen backsplash will be leaning up, when we move out.
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Rebecca — We have cast iron pots and pans and love them. We use them regularly and wash them with liquid dish soap and rinse them. We set them on the dish drainer to dry. Once they are dry I rub them with olive oil or other vegetable oil to keep them safe from rust. DH & I both enjoy the food that is cooked in them. ❤️ We bought an instant pot when they came out. DH loved it when it was new. It works okay as a pressure cooker, but we seldom use it. The cast iron pots and pans are our favorites. 🖤 🥰
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,601 Member
    Ugh, ugh, ugh, Lisa. Does somebody need to expose and publicise this mess-up? I absolutely hate incompetence and slackness. That's one of the reasons we go to Saga for our cruises. They live up to my very high expectations! Clearly someone (who?) needs to get a grip on the VA and the rest of it. The trouble is, you are caught in a bind, because you need them and have to keep them sweet. :#
    I love complaining, but not when I'm a supplicant. :sad:

I'm so enjoying Shtisel on Netflix. :D

Love to you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • AliceK813
    AliceK813 Posts: 36 Member
    mvarga1972 wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I'm Missy from Indiana :) I'm a mom of two boys. My oldest is graduating this year and my youngest is 13. They keep me busy & on my toes. I'm turning 50 in June, woo hoo! :wink:
    We are bracing for another storm here in Indiana today, who knows if we will actually get what they say but :smirk:

Have a Blessed Day!

Welcome! I’m new too.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Lisa — I wonder whether a call to the VA Administer from your doctor would get things straightened out. I hope you get what you need. ❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,994 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Im lying down resting ,not sleeping.got a message from my cousin that my uncle,( dads brother ) had a major stroke on Saterday in Florida and is in hospice..
    Kelly if there is a way you can take the picture i posted on Facebook and post it here ,id be grateful..
    Was over with Tracy and Miles and we took him for a walk.. i am soooo out of shape i made it.. but it sure wasn't pretty.. but he enjoyed it...
    Lisa im sorry your getting the run around ..i hope you get it all straightened out soon...
    Uncle Tom is the last of that generation and im going to miss him so...I take comfort that when his time comes his brother will be right there to greet him