Diet drinks lead to obesity

Options
1234568»

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    They do cause cancer. I avoid artificial sweeteners like the plague!!

I don't know if it causes cancer. I don't know if it causes obesity. But I am convinced it kills brain cells. I have no scientific proof for this...other than this thread. But, it was enough and I am now convinced. :tongue:

Btw, I don't touch the stuff.

Considering some of the posts in this thread, I'm more inclined to believe that diet soda generates brain cells.

Interesting. I'd also add on I believe it creates a complete lack of self awareness. Hmmmm.

But it does give you the handy ability to read and comprehend research studies and pinpoint nonsensical statements based in nothing but 'feelings' and 'opinions' when they're presented to you.

Seems like a decent tradeoff.

well now we can go back on forth on this all day...but I need to move on now.

Enjoy the rest of your imaginary popcorn. :bigsmile:

You don't want to play the game you started? Party pooper.

I don't lol my way through MFP with imaginary popcorn, I do it properly, with an irl ice cream float made with diet soda. Anything else is just silly. :yawn:
    "you are wrong, I wont explain to you why you are wrong or display evidence. I am leaving now"
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    <snip>

One more person to add to the list of those with hidden progress and hidden diaries decrying the horrors of chemicals.

Excellent point. I have noticed that around here myself. The people who cry the loudest about "clean eating" and ermagherd "chemicals" are the often the ones with hidden diaries, hidden profiles, and no ticker in their posts.

I have a hidden profile, I have a hidden food diary too and they are damn well staying that way, they are hidden to stop busybodies from continually sniping and commenting on my lifestyle.

Oh, but I do have a ticker. :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Come back and testify to that lifestyle in 15 or 20 years. I would love to hear all about it.
    Are you this rude and immature in "real life"?
    Enjoy your soda and all the other things you're sure of. cheers

Doomsaying like the above is not only rude, it's also incredibly arrogant. You're making a prediction that something is going to happen 15-20 years from now based on what exactly? Nothing at all. You have zero evidence to base this claim on, so it's nothing more than wishful thinking.

How awesome and mature you are to hope someone suffers medical problems so that you can feel like you won an argument. You must be so proud.
    This thread is a hoot. How utterly absurd! Hope you didn't pull a muscle with that stretch.
  • achirkova7
    Options
    Back to the topic of diet drinks and the way they influence your body... I've read somewhere that artificial sweeteners can disrupt your natural ability to regulate calorie intake based on the sweetness of foods.

I used to think that if I drink diet drinks I will lose on weight or at least stop getting fatter... I doesn't work... I gained some extra lbs.

No I'm trying to lose my extra weight. I've decided to write a blog and share with me experience looking for some motivation for other who might have similar problem :)

Here's my blog address. Be my motivation :)
    http://loseweightwithashley.blogspot.com/
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.