Women 200lb+, Let's Astonish Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 2022
    @justanotherloser007 Just had to let you know.

Just finished my second elliptical session today. Total for the day, 335 minutes for 26.28 miles. My new PR. Someone asked me months ago if I was training for a marathon with my long times. I of course said, "No way." But I pushed tonight to get the 26.2 miles but I like even minutes. I dropped into the 140's this AM. Its been years.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    @hap2go ((hugs)) walking is super important, even hospital walking. I do all my exercise as walking, because it is easy and I can do it just about anywhere. I pace, if I am waiting. The saying for weight loss is "eat less, move more" and walking is moving more! So hang in there. I also found walking super relaxing for when life gets hard - foot, meet ground.. repeat. Life seems less complex to me when I am "walking" or getting steps in, I just let all the stress fall to the reality that some things really are that easy. I am grateful I can walk, I know some can't.

@cupcakecrusoe Love your charts! Fun to try to get that maintenance pegged. Then as you lose weight it changes, because life is funny like that!

@goal06082021 congrats on running a mile in 12 minutes... what? AMAZING!! And I love your description of your new wardrobe, one sexy librarian coming up!

@Gia_G Hi Gia! Welcome! Come on in, look around this is a super nice group! We are here for you.

@kikina Welcome! Keep tracking, you will find out what is going on. For my cycle it is nothing for me to gain 4-7 lbs in water weight. Just depends on what is happening with cico.

@swimmom_1 Almost 6 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are incredible!!!!! That is freaking amazing, I am trying to find the young lady who did the Mojave desert race, that is days and nights, because... I mean, you are going places!! There is that app that tells you how far you have gone if you walked that on the planet. Buuuut, I mean, when I was rowing at the gym I pretended that I was on a boat raided by pirates in the Bermuda Triangle. So I pulled up a map, put a dot, there was my dingy and every day I got a little closer to land. You could do something like that. Where would you go walking in the world?
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »

Just finished my second elliptical session today. Total for the day, 335 minutes for 26.28 miles. My new PR. Someone asked me months ago if I was training for a marathon with my long times. I of course said, "No way." But I pushed tonight to get the 26.2 miles but I like even minutes. I dropped into the 140's this AM. Its been years.

You did 5 - 6 hours on the elliptical?!?!?!?!?! :o Holy crap. Is that something you do regularly or was this a one-off?

@goal06082021 - love that you're fitting into that sexy librarian find!!! Hot Business Lady, INDEED!

@CupcakeCrusoe - I have a similar spreadsheet I use to track. Not an engineer, but also a data nerd.

I forgot to do my daily weigh-in today as I was up and out early to get the pup to playcare and myself to Orangetheory. The workout was bizarrely hard this morning and I'm trying to not beat myself up about feeling so gassed so quickly.

I had a rest day yesterday and I think tomorrow needs to be one, too. Just feeling exhausted and off. I'll get in some nice stretching and slow yoga, but that's about it.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    @goal06082021 - I think we need a picture of this outfit. It sounds amazing!
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Ha! @CupcakeCrusoe & @seltzer_lover , glad I am not the only one to dump my data in a spreadsheet :smiley: I have zero skills for charting/graphing off the data, but have some small formulas built in for calculations. I pop in my scale readings, the calorie goal (based on my selected rate of loss and extra activity calories), and my actual consumption; formulas fill in the rest. It really helps reinforce that things are going as they are supposed to, especially when I see some weird fluctuations on the scale. And it has shown that I pretty much fall in-line with the statistical averages. Here's mine:
    vt0thsi9sm8t.png

• swimmom_1
    Thank you everyone for the congrats!
  • swimmom_1

@swimmom_1 Almost 6 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are incredible!!!!! That is freaking amazing, I am trying to find the young lady who did the Mojave desert race, that is days and nights, because... I mean, you are going places!! There is that app that tells you how far you have gone if you walked that on the planet. Buuuut, I mean, when I was rowing at the gym I pretended that I was on a boat raided by pirates in the Bermuda Triangle. So I pulled up a map, put a dot, there was my dingy and every day I got a little closer to land. You could do something like that. Where would you go walking in the world?

I did start a app Charity miles with your suggestion. Started Wounded Warrior Project as my charity(I have 2 of my 4 sons in the military) on 1/3/22 and I've logged on it 902 miles so far! I have no idea though how much I've raised. I figure may not be more than $0.05/mile. So it would only be $45.00.

You are the person, who asked if I was training for a Marathon, when I started doing over an hour on the Elliptical.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 wrote: »

You did 5 - 6 hours on the elliptical?!?!?!?!?! :o Holy crap. Is that something you do regularly or was this a one-off?

On my days off work I try to do at least 3 hours. I'm a RN and work 10 + hours, so I usually don't exercise on my work days. I figure the long hours on my off days counter balances that. I am watching a series on Peacock. The episodes are 45 minutes w/o commercials. So I watch 4. Yesterday I thought in the evening I would do 2 more than said, " What the heck I'll do 3." Then I was fairly close to 12 miles and thought "I'll do 12.2 miles" as I did 14 miles in the morning session. So this was the first time I did that far!