Women 200lb+, Let's Astonish Ourselves This April!!!

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

First day of vacation, I am well rested and ready to get going. I need to make a to-do list, so I don't waste (too much) time at the beginning of this week.

What I'm learning about eating close to maintenance calories: it's easy to find carb-based, empty calorie things to bump up calories (someone at work brought in donuts! That bag of honey mustard pretzels is HOW many calories?!) , it's hard to balance macros while eating very palatable food. If I want to get food from a restaurant, guaranteed it's not high protein the way it would be if I made it (because I would load up on the protein source, at home). And if I don't get sufficient protein, it doesn't have that "ooh, yeah, I'm full" effect. I kind of still feel snacky, even if I'm not hungry, if that makes sense. Satiation. So, this week will be an interesting learning experience.

Anyway! My weight calmed down a bit- 192.2 this morning, huzzah.

Tag party time!
    @porquenoirl oooh, a half mile swim! And archery! I like it! That sounds so fun.
    @hap2go sounds like a fun weekend plan! I've always wanted to be someone who Plays Tennis, lol.
    @danikat15 look at you in your nice sweater! NSV!
    @Generic_Excuse definitely, that's the spirit. Improvement. I know my doctor talks about getting sufficient potassium, so eat more bananas? lol
    @justanotherloser007 seamstresses are the nicest people I've ever met, I swear. My local works at a dry cleaner, and she's always so nice.
    @kenziestabes I have a feeling I should do the same- my shirt size is always dictated by my boobs and shoulders. If I tailored more of my clothes, I would look better in them.
    @bonniemcc4 :heart:

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    weight.png
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 214.6 (4/1/2022)

GW for April: 207
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

4/2: 214.0
    4/9: 212.4
    4/16:
    4/23:
    4/30:

It was a long week. My friend ended up cancelling on me last Saturday night, so I stayed home and slept. Ended up going for an amazing hike on Sunday with the date from Friday night and had a great time again No red flags yet, so cautiously optimistic to see where this goes. This weekend the kids and I are planning a bike ride, and then looking at a few houses. I really hope to find something that will work soon!

I really need to get over my aversion to in-person shopping that has hit me since covid. I ordered some jeans in the next size down (14!), the first new clothes I have bought since starting this journey. Seems I am in the fun stage where my current jeans are a little too big (have to keep pulling them up), but the size down are still a bit too snug to be comfortable, and I have a horrible muffin top and would likely flash crack when sitting down. I think I am actually going to have to send them back, because even when I lose a few more pounds, the fit it just all kinds of wrong for my body shape. So if anyone has suggestions for (bootcut) jeans with a 34" inseam that will fit a more generous booty, please let me know! The ones I used to buy seem to no longer be available 😞

Great job all! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

@CupcakeCrusoe enjoy your break! My kiddos don't break until the 16th, but they will be spending the week with their dad. I am soooo looking forward to the break 😀

Goals for April
    - Meet protein goal at least 3x weekly (or avg weekly at goal) ✔️ 4 of 7
    - Meet fiber goal at least 3x weekly (or avg weekly at goal) ✔️ 3 of 7
    - Get minimum of 6000 steps daily ❌️ 6 of 7
    - Drink minimum of 8 glasses water daily ✔️
    - Take a day of self-care: Day off work, massage, and manicure/pedicure
  • _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sweet B) be back Monday!
  • 77topcat
    77topcat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

Hope you’ve had a good week so far.

Age: 44yrs young!!! 😉 (45 now, had a birthday this week!)
    Height: 5’3”
    HW: 256 (May 2021)

4/1 - 228.8lbs
    4/9 - 228.8lbs

Goals:
    * Walk every day
    * Start cycling min 2x’s week
    * Log every day
    * Go into May 224lbs or less

Happy with the scales not morning, could of been worse. Was a week of birthday brunches, take outs, meals out etc…
    Getting a lot of walks in clearly helped.

Did not hit any of my weekly goals but onto a new week. I really want to get cycling in, even if it’s just 20 minutes each time 🤞

Going to throw a couple of protein bars into my bag and car as I got caught out once this week and ended up with a drive tho’ 🤦‍♀️

Onwards and upwards, loving the motivation and support here. Have an amazing week all
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Goals for April:

🍎 Increase daily fruit and veggie servings (currently hitting 2-3/day and aiming to reach 3-4/day minimum)
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Continue exercising 2-3 times a week or more
    💭 Start seeing a therapist for talk therapy
    ⬇️ Lose 7 pounds (but I’ll be happy with any loss)

SW: 288.8
    CW: 276.8
    GW for April: to get under 270

3/28: 276.8
    4/4: 275.4 (-1.4)
    4/11: 274.2 (-1.2)
    4/18:
    4/25:

I mostly met my goals for the week. I ate at least 3 servings of fruit and veggies and even got 4-5 servings every day except last Monday. I also met my fiber everyday except yesterday. It’s quite a bit harder with my brother cooking two meals in one day where there’s only 1-2 grams of fiber per meal 😬 but I did manage 20g for the day with fiber rich snacks. Got my progress photo taken and exercised twice. I tried to add my progress collage here but keep getting signed out every time I try.

Goals for the upcoming week:
    🍎 Keep hitting 3-5 fruit & veggie goal each day
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Exercise twice if I’m able to
    🥦 Keep getting enough fiber each day
    💊 Hopefully get my blood pressure med adjusted to the right dose at my appt (I’ve adjusted it myself since my dr never called me back)
    👧 Have fun with my niece if she spends the night Friday (it’s been forever since we spent time together)
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    march 2 SW 230
    march 29-april 4 221-222 dad in and out of hospital but I'm proud that I still got in my 30 minutes of exercise every day even if it was just walking (literally) around the hospital building

april 5 222.4 just gonna leave that there and be depressed...
    april 6 223 (blergh)
    april 7 222.4
    april 8 221.8 - now we're talking!

Its going to be a tough weekend food wise - wine tasting dinner date tonight with husband, my moms birthday dinner at fancy restaurant tomorrow night - I'm going to do a 1.5 hour tennis clinic tomorrow to try to help and maybe I can get a group of gals together to play on Sunday...

like I figured, this weekend was... not good food wise! But Mondays starts again right?

april 9 222
    april 10 222.3
    april 11 223

CW 223
    GW 190
    UG 150-175

Total loss so far 7 lbs

weight.png