Women 200lb+, Let's Astonish Ourselves This April!!!

Options

Replies

• porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.

Original Starting Weight: 257.8 (1/14/21)

April Start Weight: 217.3
    April Goal Weight: 216.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

April 2: 217.3
    April 9: 216.9 (-0.4)
    April 16: 215.7 (-1.2)
    April 23:
    April 30:

I’m happy with this loss but my health isn’t the greatest right now. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress at work for a few months. I started with what I think was a stress rash on my neck/chest. I had never had that before. Now the rash has turned into red hives/welts and it affected my eyes. My eyes started having scaly skin on my upper lids. Then one day I woke up and they were red and swollen. The urgent care doctor put me on prednisone which started to clear it up but it was only a 5 day pack. I don’t like messing around with my eyes-ended up going to the eye doctor twice and she only had me buy eyedrops which haven’t helped at all. She thinks it’s an allergy. I can’t get into an allergy doctor for over a month. I can’t wear eye makeup now and have to cover my hives with foundation to go to work. I am going to be having a big interview in the next couple of weeks so I’m really not happy about it. Has anyone here ever had anything like this? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Short answer yes, but I was WFH. Saying that I think skin issues are also the discomfort, so even if we can mask them (like with make-up) the loss of comfort is a huge thing. You mentioned the stress in work, do you think they are linked? Mine were, I was being bullied and came out in hives (I do also have psoriasis to kinda used to dealing with skin issues). If you do think they are related is there support you can get in work to lighten your load?

Hope you are feeling better soon and your skin settles. For the psoriasis it took me time to find what helped and once I did it's made a huge difference. But hopefully, you'll be fully healed before you even need to get into that kind of routine.
  • porquenoirl
    Options
    Weigh-in day!

Height: 5'3"
    SW 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW 188.6 (4/1/22)
    4/2: 187.4
    4/9: 186.4
    4/16: 186.0
    4/23:
    4/30:
    GW for April: Weigh less than my husband by 4/30
    GW for 2022: 145

Yeah, that tracks with how I've been eating this week. I'll take it, progress is progress. I am pretty pleased with the muscle definition I'm already starting to see on my arms and shoulders - I got little baby caps! Today I went out to the park by the beach to run on their mile-and-change heart loop trail before stopping by the grocery store to grab a couple of things I missed in my instacart order. The weather forecast today is basically "???" - highs in the 80s, "extreme" UV index, but also probable thunderstorms. I want to walk to the closer-to-home location of the salad place for lunch today to get more steppies in. I guess I could just carry an umbrella, if nothing else that will guarantee the brightest and clearest possible sky for the whole hour it will take me to walk there.

For folks marking Easter with a special dinner, do you have anything you're looking forward to on the menu? I volunteered to bring a vegetable so I'm making some brussels sprouts. I haven't decided yet if it's going to involve bacon. Some of the brussels sprouts I got in my grocery order this week are also enormous - I'm not sure exactly how to get a picture and post it here, but there's at least one in the bag that looks like a duck egg wearing a brussels sprout costume, it's as big as my palm. Not sure what I'm going to do with those, I think quartering them would still be too big. Maybe sixths or eighths.

Ok, I love sprouts! Lol, most people think it's bonkers. You could shred them and stir fry them. I love some garlic and tarragon in mine, but there are so many options with flavour! Enjoy!

I just picked up some steaks and prawns, so that looks like dinner tomorrow. And I'd say I'll do a simple green bean as a side. Only us so it'll be a pretty simple dinner (my preferred day-to-day cooking style!).
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day!

Height: 5'3"
    SW 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW 188.6 (4/1/22)
    4/2: 187.4
    4/9: 186.4
    4/16: 186.0
    4/23:
    4/30:
    GW for April: Weigh less than my husband by 4/30
    GW for 2022: 145

Yeah, that tracks with how I've been eating this week. I'll take it, progress is progress. I am pretty pleased with the muscle definition I'm already starting to see on my arms and shoulders - I got little baby caps! Today I went out to the park by the beach to run on their mile-and-change heart loop trail before stopping by the grocery store to grab a couple of things I missed in my instacart order. The weather forecast today is basically "???" - highs in the 80s, "extreme" UV index, but also probable thunderstorms. I want to walk to the closer-to-home location of the salad place for lunch today to get more steppies in. I guess I could just carry an umbrella, if nothing else that will guarantee the brightest and clearest possible sky for the whole hour it will take me to walk there.

For folks marking Easter with a special dinner, do you have anything you're looking forward to on the menu? I volunteered to bring a vegetable so I'm making some brussels sprouts. I haven't decided yet if it's going to involve bacon. Some of the brussels sprouts I got in my grocery order this week are also enormous - I'm not sure exactly how to get a picture and post it here, but there's at least one in the bag that looks like a duck egg wearing a brussels sprout costume, it's as big as my palm. Not sure what I'm going to do with those, I think quartering them would still be too big. Maybe sixths or eighths.

Ok, I love sprouts! Lol, most people think it's bonkers. You could shred them and stir fry them. I love some garlic and tarragon in mine, but there are so many options with flavour! Enjoy!

I just picked up some steaks and prawns, so that looks like dinner tomorrow. And I'd say I'll do a simple green bean as a side. Only us so it'll be a pretty simple dinner (my preferred day-to-day cooking style!).

Ooooh, garlic and tarragon stir-fried brussels sprouts...I might save a sprout or two (maybe the BIG one?) and make me a little chef snack bc that sounds delicious. I think I should keep it simple for the family meal though, probably just quarter and roast with a little salt&pepper and fat of some kind - I'm cooking for some folks who are...less adventurous than I am, is a polite way to say it, LMAO.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Today I am 3 lbs done :) Ticker didn't change. Idk why. CW: 196 lbs

19417920.png
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe Thank you :)

weight.png
  • 77topcat
    77topcat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday All,

Weigh day!!

Height: 5’3”
    HW: 256 (May 2021)

4/1 - 228.8lbs
    4/9 - 228.8lbs
    4/16 - 225.4lbs

Goals:
    * Walk every day
    * Start cycling min 2x’s week
    * Log every day
    * Go into May 224lbs or less

Not far to reach Aprils goal…. Must stay focussed!
    @CupcakeCrusoe - protein bars certainly saved me this week!

Have a good week all.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options

Ooooh, garlic and tarragon stir-fried brussels sprouts...I might save a sprout or two (maybe the BIG one?) and make me a little chef snack bc that sounds delicious. I think I should keep it simple for the family meal though, probably just quarter and roast with a little salt&pepper and fat of some kind - I'm cooking for some folks who are...less adventurous than I am, is a polite way to say it, LMAO.

Reserved bacon drippings. I usually serve mine steamed and tossed in bacon drippings with a few grinds of black pepper. All the cabbage family are lovely with bacon.

• porquenoirl
    Options
    lmgoff232 wrote: »
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 214.6 (4/1/2022)

GW for April: 207
    GW for 2022: 170
    UGW: 170

4/2: 214.0
    4/9: 212.4
    4/16: 209.8
    4/23:
    4/30:

Feeling good today! I think the weigh-in today is a fluke though - went drinking and dancing with a friend last night, so I am probably a bit (a lot) dehydrated. I weighed after I ate/drank and had clothes on even, lol. I also found a house this past week, so that is a whole lot of stress off my shoulders. I start moving in May 15th, so lots of packing to do this month. I have date #3 with the new guy tonight which I am looking forward to; hoping it goes as well as the others 😀

@goal06082021 I love brussel sprouts! I got some giant ones in my grocery order this week too, lol. My favorite way to prepare them is to parboil them for a few minutes, then saute in coconut oil for a few minutes, and finish them up in the oven. The coconut oil does a great job offsetting the bitterness (they did not tasted the same when I used butter one time). They are so good even my kids like them!

Goals for April
    - Meet protein goal at least 3x weekly (or avg weekly at goal) ❌️ only 1 of 7 this week
    - Meet fiber goal at least 3x weekly (or avg weekly at goal) ✔️ 3 of 7
    - Get minimum of 6000 steps daily ✔️
    - Drink minimum of 8 glasses water daily ✔️
    - Take a day of self-care: Day off work, massage, and manicure/pedicure

OMG congrats on the house!
  • porquenoirl
    Options
    Got up early today to make bread and run laundry so we start the first week of Boyfriend's new job with everything clean and in order. Bread is on its second rise, and I've already folded two loads. I am having a very productive day, and that is very nice.

Oh I love it when the organising day works out. I was kinda putting it off but then I went to my spare room/laundry room and just started tidying (which is great because we have a guest coming this week). I've been watching "The Home Edit" on Netflix and want more of that in my life!

Best to your OH on the new job.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

It's Monday, my weight is 191.2, I've got coffee, it's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses (I'm not).

Yesterday went well, I only actually ate one meal that kind of stretched all day because of snacks (that's holidays around my house). At the end of my maintenance break that started on 4/8, on 4/9 I weighed 192.2, and today I weigh 191.2. So over 2000 calories a few days, but still possibly slight deficit? Unfortunately for me, my spreadsheet did not like calculating my maintenance calories when there wasn't a deficit. I'm going to have to play with it.

But yeah! Went well! Now back to it! Roll on 180's!

Quick tag party!
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 See, I love seeing your meal plans. Also, crab rangoon :yum:
    @porquenoirl oh man, I don't watch the home edit for that reason, haha. It would make me go crazy trying to organize my house around two professional mess-makers (my kids). It can be stressful having guests.

Have a great day everyone!
    weight.png
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Good morning!

It's Monday, my weight is 191.2, I've got coffee, it's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses (I'm not).

Yesterday went well, I only actually ate one meal that kind of stretched all day because of snacks (that's holidays around my house). At the end of my maintenance break that started on 4/8, on 4/9 I weighed 192.2, and today I weigh 191.2. So over 2000 calories a few days, but still possibly slight deficit? Unfortunately for me, my spreadsheet did not like calculating my maintenance calories when there wasn't a deficit. I'm going to have to play with it.

But yeah! Went well! Now back to it! Roll on 180's!

Quick tag party!
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 See, I love seeing your meal plans. Also, crab rangoon :yum:
    @porquenoirl oh man, I don't watch the home edit for that reason, haha. It would make me go crazy trying to organize my house around two professional mess-makers (my kids). It can be stressful having guests.

Have a great day everyone!
    weight.png

The crab rangoon's for everyone else, not me. I decided that I just didn't like them well enough for the calorie hit they are, and I make them better than any others I've had. But my girlfriend adores them and my boyfriend likes them, so I make them for them. It works.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Goals for April:

🍎 Increase daily fruit and veggie servings (currently hitting 2-3/day and aiming to reach 3-4/day minimum)
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Continue exercising 2-3 times a week or more
    💭 Start seeing a therapist for talk therapy
    ⬇️ Lose 7 pounds (but I’ll be happy with any loss)

SW: 288.8
    CW: 276.8
    GW for April: to get under 270

3/28: 276.8
    4/4: 275.4 (-1.4)
    4/11: 274.2 (-1.2)
    4/18: 272.2 (-2.0)
    4/25:

I met my goals for the week most days. I ate at least 3 servings of fruit and veggies, except Saturday when I only got 2. It was the second day hanging out with my niece. I did meet my fiber everyday, woohoo. I exercised once because that’s all I could do and that’s fine.

The two days with my niece I ate maintenance level calories, but the day before and the day after I only ate 1200ish (unintentionally). I was just so busy those days and ate lightly most of those days. So all in all, my calories evened out. I did adjust my goal from 1 pound per week to 1.5 pounds per week last Monday so my calories were lowered a little this week.

I had a shakiness issue for a few days. Like my muscles were shaky but I didn’t feel weak exactly, and I didn’t feel lightheaded. I had an appointment the day after it started and she ran blood work but nothing showed up on it. My triglycerides have gone down a little since my original blood work two months ago, so that’s good news! But she officially told me to avoid white flour so I’m adjusting my diet a bit more. I got some sweet potatoes and am going to do cauliflower/brown rice when my brother cooks (in place of pasta or rice) or on my own.

Goals for the upcoming week:
    🍎 Keep hitting 3-5 fruit & veggie goal each day
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Exercise twice if I’m able to
    🥦 Keep getting enough fiber each day
    👩‍⚕️ Call and set up an appointment with a therapist or start the process of going somewhere
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I thought this might help others who also need to keep this simple! My two best advice sentences, that two different people posted:

🥚🐇 "The best exercise is the one that you will do" This was when I started diligently walking.
    🥚🐇 "The best diet is the one that you can stay on" Whether that means, deficit or maintenance.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    @jazzadesigns I forgot about the caffeine, if you are working chances are caffeine is a pretty normal part of your day. That can do some weird hivey stuff with the blood vessels, so if you can start weaning yourself off of it (please don't hit me!!) that might also be helpful. I recommend weaning vs. cold turkey because of the symptoms of cold turkey - that alone might make hives worse. Slow and steady!