WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    I got Carmine to school and poor Miles is fussy,he is asleep now but the teething is really bothering him.. he is a week away from 5 months,he has found his voice ,he is rolling alot and can sit up well..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,178 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Annie is correct that the format has changed on the MFP app. I use an iPhone and this is now what I see when I open up MFP. I get tired of the "fatty liver" ads, btw.
    bltxb93gaevp.png
    So far I’ve noticed no change on my phone when I login. I expect it will come eventually.

Lanette- So sorry. Sending all my good wishes for you at this time. (((Hugs)))
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, thank you for all the thought provoking inspiring quotes you post. I read them and gain from them but have forgotten to thank you.

:) A friend of Jake's whom he's known longer than he's known me, is coming for a short visit this morning. He may have his teen age daughter with him. They are from out of state and are visiting his mom who lives about 2 hours from here. We haven't had people over except an occasional neighbour in years so this will be odd.

:) Jake planted the tomato plant yesterday now that the temperature is staying around 50 overnight.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Last year I planted a cherry tomato plant and wasn’t pleased with it. The plant I brought home was very small and produced a few tomatoes that weren’t very flavorful.

I have three excellent blueberry bushes and will be ready to pick in July or August. 🫐
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    My phone call was OK, but my friend is not having a good day. Fortunately, her yoga group are rallying round and are on a rota to take her for a 'walk' ( on crutches) for each of the next few days. That will be good company for her.
    It's difficult, because I feel my own life is too much of a contrast at the moment. She will get better, but she is going to need a lot of inner resources. Not sure I would have them.

Waitrose came exactly on time! Having the last of my homemade meatballs for dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    May was better. I did lose a pound last month so there’s that. Retaining water cause of the heat I think.
    Had an old fashioned keto breakfast: 2 slices bacon Ororoot Keto toast buttered and topped with sugar free jelly, and a Just Egg prepared egg flip. Yummy! Delta like an old fashioned bacon and egg breakfast but without the eggs or carbs! Lol.

Thank you Barbie for the May thread!

RvRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,469 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - this made me think of you.
    v606ooarza5c.jpeg

I love this!!!!💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,469 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Well today is my first day without my sling.now I start the exercises that I can remember that I did for the shoulder, the pain begins. Still reading the journals when I have a minute. I’m on July/august 1895 and we have moved to Chico California. It’s getting harder to read.

When I mentioned something in the journal to kirby the started to get upset saying I am just dwelling on the past and I can’t let it go. Right now it’s 5:04am and I just realized that reading this makes me appreciate, acknowledge, and be so thankful of what I have now with him and how far I have come from that time.

You need to tell Kirby that.💖
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vicki — It is a shame your grandaughter’s mother is bitter and taking it out on you and your granddaughter. Thank goodness for the help of the other grandmother to enable your granddaughter to write. ⭐️
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

Thank you Barbie for the new thread!

Pip Yay for getting the sling off!

Rebecca great job playing tennis! So impressive.

Lisa so good to hear you are up and doing things.

I'm basically reading a book and trying not to eat much. I ate so much Monday, and I'm trying to compensate some. I came down six pounds in May, but there is a long way to go.

I did an hour of yoga this morning and now my knee is a bit sore again. I wish I could put ice on it without a full interrogation by my mother. She wants me to quit exercising altogether. There's such a small moving gap between training to get stronger and overdoing it. I'm aiming for that gap and I might hit the edge sometimes but I'm not quitting.

Annie

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbie, thanks for a fresh month!
    Lanette, I'm so sorry to hear of your DH's passing. {{{HUGS}}}
    Vicki, what a blessing the other grandmother is! I so hope that you are able to keep the lines of communication open with your granddaughter, there will come a time (pretty quickly!) that her mother won't be able to control what she does or where she goes (or who she writes to!) and it will be so nice to already have that connection with her.
    I ended May a wee bit lighter than I started it, so am a happy camper! Retirement is only 11 weeks away, I'm just a teeny bit excited! Actually, I'm very excited!!! lol
    Must dash off to an appointment, but had a few minutes to catch up and do a quick post.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Well today is my first day without my sling.now I start the exercises that I can remember that I did for the shoulder, the pain begins. Still reading the journals when I have a minute. I’m on July/august 1895 and we have moved to Chico California. It’s getting harder to read.

When I mentioned something in the journal to kirby the started to get upset saying I am just dwelling on the past and I can’t let it go. Right now it’s 5:04am and I just realized that reading this makes me appreciate, acknowledge, and be so thankful of what I have now with him and how far I have come from that time.

Pip ... tell Kirby what you just said Edited* I see Rebecca has already suggested the same ...