WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Flea take care of yourself! Here's hoping you can escape the virus. I had a battle with bird flu long ago, with my sick daughter confined upstairs and my immune compromised idiot husband confined downstairs for ten days. I got sick too but I kept sanitizing the doorknobs and handrails and such, and we made it through. Keep believing you can beat this, because you can! Lots of separation, masks, ventilation, whatever you can do. Good luck!

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Heather so glad your back is allowing you to run a bit. Keep going!

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I've ordered truffle oil, which is arriving today and some 'smoked' (!!!!) olive oil, which arrives on Monday. He's a gourmet cook. We are all getting together for a 'birthday brunch' on Sunday, at a new brunch restaurant. Can't wait to see them all!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I have some smoked olive oil. It's a nice compliment to many dishes, but can taste a bit strong sometimes. It's a "use in moderation" condiment.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We’re having a quiet day so far. DH is doing better and I am happy for him.

😊
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Last year I planted a cherry tomato plant and wasn’t pleased with it. The plant I brought home was very small and produced a few tomatoes that weren’t very flavorful.

I have three excellent blueberry bushes and will be ready to pick in July or August. 🫐

It is the opposite here.
    I have 12 tomato plants- I can't imagine not having tomatoes(and cucumbers) I planned on 6-8 but had some volunteer plants show up and couldn't just toss them in yard waste- The volunteer plants seem to do as well or better than planned ones

My blueberry plant is surviving but not growing.

Found I need to put net up around my blackberry plant out front. The mockingbirds ate the three that were just about ripe- There are a lot on that plant but I want them for me, not for the birds- First ones of the season and the birds got them.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :) Jake's friend arrived here about ten He left his daughter with her grandmother so Jake and his friend had a wonderful two hour conversation over coffee outside on the patio and I had the house to myself :)

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,567 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 29min 35sec, 30elev, 3.37elev, 90ahr, 104nhr, 5.94mi= 436c
    Strava app = 575c
    Walk to school then gym- 48min 50sec, 32elev, 89ahr, 106mhr, 2.53mi= 227c
    Strava app = 289c
    Arm spin machine- 20min, lvl1, 94ahr, 113mhr, 1.83mi= 80c
    Arm raises against wall- 10min, 3sts of 5 ea= 58c
    Walk gym to store then home- 16.03min, .79mi= 104c
    Strava app = 91c

Total cal 901

Shoulder is killing me today, have a heating pad on it
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Pip- poor thing..please dont try and overdue even though your out of the sling please still take it easy.
    Poor Miles is not feeling well ..,hope he feels better soon.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    Worked, had bowling this afternoon. No ceramics tonight. Went for a walk around the block yesterday and will probably tonight. Did go in the pool, tho.

You know, I'm not real happy on the Wednesday bowling league. However, for the summer the Monday league does no-tap which I don't like. So I think next year I'm just going to take the summer off from bowling.

Hey -- my bowling average went up again! However, I did lose the title of the person with the highest handicap on the league. One other lady is one pin higher. Oh well.....

Allie – happy early birthday

Vicki – how wonderful you got that letter! It’s a real shame that you have to use this method for contact, but glad you can

Lisa = those dirt dauber nests, have you taken any down? It looks a lot like these nests we get. But when I knock them down, they leave a red mark (the nests are reddish color probably because we have the red clay). If they leave a mark, how do you get rid of the mark?

Flea – I’m so sorry about your son testing positive

Went for a walk after dinner, then played mahjongg by the pool (first time playing with the new card), packed for the weekend. Going to try to get to bed early since I know I’ll be at work late tomorrow since I’ll give them extra prep for tomorrow

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    Barbie thank you for the June thread. Have been trying to channel some of your wisdom, especially about releasing expectations…
    Lanette :heartbreak::cry: :heartbreak:
    Beth, what everyone else, especially Lisa and Margaret said. There are some dogs who can not be trusted, for whatever physiological or psychological reason. As for dear, sweet, innocent Cecil, he’ll need all your love, support and protection to fully heal. If there is a well stocked pet supply store near you, a ComfyCone might be a little easier on him. https://www.petsmart.com/dog/collars-harnesses-and-leashes/collars/all-four-paws-comfy-cone-dog-collar-5203950.html It worked for Shadow all last summer while she was also on calming meds for the lick granuloma.
    Michele I’m sorry for the grief Denise has given Jess, but. . . when Jess called Vince, was she asking for an ear? Is it possible that Vince, in male haste to fix, thought he should punish her sister? I do not think shortchanging your time with PJ is the answer. What Tracey and KJ et al said. Is it too late to reactivate the reservation so you at least can stay and PJ can swim?
    Flea praying Covid passes over you without touching down.
    Katla baby hummingbirds appeared at Joe’s feeder 2 weeks ago, for a few days. Since then only the Mama at Joe’s and none to mine. Could the blue jays be scaring them away?
    Sue is there some kind of financial expert, CPA or??? Who can straighten out that bank?

Stupidly got mask lax and paid the price. Gal across table from me at church council the 22nd, tested positive for Covid. By Wednesday I had sniffles. Headache, sweats, tight throat and cough cough cough. Unable to do much beside one set of knee PT exercises daily. Joe’s been an angel, feeding and walking the dogs, offering to bring me whatever I need from town, helped change linens, even volunteered to vacuum. Didn’t want to test, didn’t want to have to tell Joe what I’d done. Finally my nurse friend persuaded me to pull up my big girl panties, test, and tell. Joe took it very well. Finally started to feel better yesterday. The silver lining is all this rest has made my knee feel much better. Left house for the first time today, to walk with Joe and the dogs down to the powerline. That’s it for my energy.

No May summary.
    So big a gap in my spreadsheet doubt I could ever backfill. Rethinking approach. Borrowing Lisa’s simpler way:
    1. Move more.
    2. Fuel better.
    3. Live now.
    Will track steps and CI<CO for 1 and 2, all the other “bonuses” will come under the heading of 3.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.

9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,468 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

Thank you Barbie for the new thread!

Pip Yay for getting the sling off!

Rebecca great job playing tennis! So impressive.

Lisa so good to hear you are up and doing things.

I'm basically reading a book and trying not to eat much. I ate so much Monday, and I'm trying to compensate some. I came down six pounds in May, but there is a long way to go.

I did an hour of yoga this morning and now my knee is a bit sore again. I wish I could put ice on it without a full interrogation by my mother. She wants me to quit exercising altogether. There's such a small moving gap between training to get stronger and overdoing it. I'm aiming for that gap and I might hit the edge sometimes but I'm not quitting.

Annie

Today when I was in our gyms sauna, I was sitting in there just me, (thank goodness) because I had gotten a blister on my foot which I hadn't even noticed. It had done its job (natures bandaid) and was hanging off my foot like a zombie woman....😂😂. Oopsy, pulled it off quickly before anyone that came in noticed! Even my fingers are sore! What people don't realize is to hit a firm and solid shot, you need to really hold tight to your racket. Otherwise your racket can't really help you through your follow thru. I was in the sauna for 20 minutes like a lizard.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,468 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Well today is my first day without my sling.now I start the exercises that I can remember that I did for the shoulder, the pain begins. Still reading the journals when I have a minute. I’m on July/august 1895 and we have moved to Chico California. It’s getting harder to read.

When I mentioned something in the journal to kirby the started to get upset saying I am just dwelling on the past and I can’t let it go. Right now it’s 5:04am and I just realized that reading this makes me appreciate, acknowledge, and be so thankful of what I have now with him and how far I have come from that time.

You need to tell Kirby that.💖
    Rebecca
    Wa

Actually, great minds think alike, I did tell him that right after I posted my thought

Good deal! You and Kirby are two peas in a pod... That ride bikes and exercises together. Always be open books with each other.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Rori very inspirational words 💞 Big hugs and prayers for you 💞 I'm happy to hear that you had special people to be with 💞

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota