WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Heather - Hope you and John are doing well on the whole Covid thing.

Machka - Hope the new job is just the ticket for you.

Dropped Corey at the airport at about 5 a.m. for a 6 a.m. flight. It's a small airport here, but they do a good job. I've been there at least a dozen times, as I was still working for the Girl Scouts of the Desert Southwest, based in El Paso, Texas when we first got here. Had to fly out there at least once a month.

Evidently, the root canal was not completely successful. The tooth has gotten steadily worse. I thought the first few days were just residual soreness, but the pain keeps going up. Blah. I hate being in the dentist's chair - and this procedure has had bad luck from the beginning. Will be calling them in a couple hours when their office opens.
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I love fireworks and would support a professional display, but the idea of every half drunk human with their cheese slipping off their cracker (thanks Lisa) with fire, explosives, dry roofs and a need to look mighty just makes my tummy go flip flop!

Kim - You're very welcome. I seldom have to translate for people with that one, and it's nicely descriptive without being rude. :smiley:
    Lisa – your family story is great, although the double Lisa part is a bit of a double take…. The kids and Corey are darn lucky to have found a better Lisa.

I just had this vision of my husband and kids and grandkids at the "Lisa Store," looking for the next one. :D We come in all shapes, colors and sizes, you know. And will eventually take over the world. Maybe. I'll let you know after my nap.

Back to bed to try to catch a few more Zs.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    The glorious morning drizzled into overcast and showers before noon. Can’t see any fireworks but hearing a few big BOOMs. Shadow barks to tell them to “STOP it!”

Lanette you’re inspiring me to get back to SWSY. Here’s the video I use, but add the triceps from the video you shared. I used to alternate SWSY with BB&B (Better Bones and Balance) Long past time to pick them up again.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Barbara - thank you for that SWSY video! Great refresher on the moves. Just what I needed, I tend to get sloppy and hurried. Once my toe gets happy I need to start back with some Better Bones stuff.

The booms started here around 7:30 last night. Rosie barking. Alot. I invited her to hop into bed, she did, but that didn't calm her down. So got up, gave her 1/2 CBD treat and parked on the (uncomfortable) recliner. She jumped on my lap and settled right now. We kind of snoozed until 11:30, then I got up and went to bed. She was OK staying on HER recliner, her usual sleeping spot.

Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette B)
    Dampish SW WA State

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :'( The fireworks here weren't bad but enough to make Bessie very nervous. First she moved next to my side of the bed, then wanted to get into bed, then kept moving around above my head. I played music on my phone and got her settled amidst many pillows and kept my hand near her. We lay awake and listened to music for about 90 minutes til the big fireworks display ended. I kept the music on as smaller bursts of fireworks continued for another 90 minutes. When we went out for our 1AM walk, it was quiet and she went back to her own bed. When I woke up at 4, she was on the floor next to the bed so there must have been more noise.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Firewoorks were awful last night. We live near a school with a big field. Usually it is one group in the middle that shoots them off. I went ups to watch for about 5 minutes and there were groups all over the field shooting them off. Too dangerous for me. An 18 year old lost his life shooting those kind of fireworks off in another location in the twin cities. Fortunately they were done by 11:30. They were upsetting to DrewB too. She is not a complainer (no whining or barking) but I could tell be her body language she was upset.

Barbie we listened to music too. I look up 432 Hz music on you tube because it is so soothing.

Beth Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Lisa Did dentist use a lazer drill to remove the decayed part of the tooth? I learned on the dental segment of the pet summit lazer does a much better job removing the decayed part of the tooth. They do not do this procedure on dogs yet so it is difficult to get a good root canal on a dog.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I slept a bit better,I took a page from Machka and used a pillow by my side and it helped...
    I remember when i had my heart surgeries that they stuffed pillows on either side of me in the bed,and it was nice..
    Going to go watch Miles..

It is really nice.

When we travel around Tassie, most places we stay provide 4 pillows per bed. I'll have 2 under my head and one on either side of me. Or if one is thick, that one goes under my head, 2 go on either side and the 4th goes under my knees. :) 😀

I sleep so much better all tucked in with pillows!

I think it is because I am not as restless. Without all the pillows I toss and turn more. With them, it's easy to find a comfortable position and stay in it longer.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Beth - dang it, I keep forgetting. Happy belated birthday! Hope it went well.

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Glad to see you again and so happy that your trip was a great success.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Thought this was cute.

09ag77b93z6b.jpeg

First therapy session tomorrow. I’m nervous!

RvRita

Don’t be, you’ll b fine
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 56min 52sec, 24elev, 3.0ap, 89ahr, 98mhr, 6.06mi= 562c
    Strava app = 691c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 14.43min, 269elev, 162aw, 20.8a,ph, 40-45g, 5.09mi= 131c
    Zwift stats- 14.49min, 272elev, 160aw, 55arpm, 20.61mi= 136c

Total cal 693
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    ☘️