WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my friend Craig who had a stroke. He is moving to rehab today. He has been using a walker, but expects to get better.

I plan to go visit on Tuesday. It will be three hours to drive out, then visit and three hours back. Then the usual dinner and pills for my parents. I just hope he doesn't have the physical therapy while I'm trying to visit. It will be a long day.

Today I am going to a library talk about writing crime fiction. It should be fun.

Lisa that's wonderful news about your daughter's engagement! Congratulations!

And Rosemarie's caregiver is working out, and Carla got her monitor, seems like things are going well.

Debby hope things go well with your MIL. That is such a difficult situation, and I think of you often.

Machka and Heather and Michele, just wanted to say hi!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    Hi back, Annie. :D

Our date lunch went splendidly. Really excellent fish and chips and we shared a mushy peas. Glass of white wine each. Espresso.
    The only downside was that my legs really began to hurt on the walk home. Boo! There and back is probably around four and a half miles and we had already done our morning exercises, but even so, it was annoying. I'm now on the sofa with no ill effects. Cup of tea in my future

Going to have a smoked salmon salad for dinner tonight to try to recoup some CI. :o

Weather fabulous, but the mornings are chilly. Trying to not put the heating on yet
    I'm hoping the sea is nice and flat for the triathlon tomorrow. All the grounds are set up on the seafront. Massive operation. We will set off at 6.50 am in order to be there for Edie.
    There was another tent ground set up for the London to Brighton off road bike ride. That was today. :) Phew!

All good. Tea and nap and a bit of Norwegian.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    Viv - Good job on the shower repair. :D What a saviour YouTube is!

Lisa - Oops. Once upon a time I used to think a man was the answer to everything. Oh well.
    I had a friend who got divorced and straightaway met a very recently widowed man. 4 kids beween them. We all tut tutted and said it was far too early etc etc. They were happily married for a long time until her recent death.

I've had a nap. Still aching, but all good.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Lisa - Oops. Once upon a time I used to think a man was the answer to everything. Oh well.
    I had a friend who got divorced and straightaway met a very recently widowed man. 4 kids beween them. We all tut tutted and said it was far too early etc etc. They were happily married for a long time until her recent death.

I agree that the circumstances don't dictate the eventual success of the marriage. One of the best marriages I've ever known was a friend with four teenage girls who married a man with three teenagers, all girls. They made it work, and the happiness showed; they got those kids successfully grown and off to their own adult lives, and are enjoying their much-deserved empty nest.

It is such a pleasure to talk to her as she marvels at how much he loves her. A couple of tours in Afghanistan left him with PTSD, and yes, he's in treatment. I'm so proud of her that she continues to make sure he's OK and utterly attuned to what he needs to get through those episodes. But then, the only definition of love that ever made sense to me is: "When the welfare of another is more important to you than your own." Apparently, they've figured that bit out!

Later y'all,
    Much love,
    Lisa

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    heading over to walk MIL's dog- lets see how that goes- the "friend" of hers(well, her other son's actually) is coming over for the afternoon. DH has to be there to go pick up food for the two of them then he and I can go out and do some shopping. Not planning on staying over a minute more than I have to.
    DH wants to go pick up more salmon while it is still on sale- this will be the third large filet (3-4lbs each) that I have cooked in the past week and a half. I sent a huge piece over for him and her and she ate most of it, sharing with her dog, leaving just a tiny bit for him. Son and his girlfriend really liked it too- no left overs either time.
    Need to do a little shopping for us too.

Have a wonderful Saturday Ladies

Debbie, Napa Valley, Ca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited September 2022
    No progress on the donation box but did sign up for the Shake the Sugar Challenge, hoping for tips and motivation. At this moment I doubt I can do it or even really want to. Some of the mini challenges look doable (honey in tea, 47 oz water, meal prep, move 30 min/day) but that’s a lot of protein at first meal, never got that much in any meal at one time. 3 fruits hard to fit in calories unless I really do eliminate sugar and grain based flour. Wonder what products they’re selling? :naughty: Thanks Lanette!
    Mindful buying: almost spent $3.49 on some white violas at Freddie’s. Thanks to Margaret’s example, instead came home and started the black and white viola seeds I bought but didn’t plant last year. Hope they come up and bloom in time for Halloween.
    Mary WOW that’s quite a match! Their values say a lot about how they were raised.
    Debbie you are doing so well with your walking. You’ve come a long way, baby.
    Katla adding my hopes to yours, that the right nursing facility for your DH will be found near you and your DD.
    Ginny aw shucks. Thankful for no big scary jumps in test results.
    Barbie so glad the anxious not-knowing time is over and your new glasses are finally ordered.
    Michele an exercise DVD you didn’t have? :noway: :laugh: Don’t be impressed, answering as many as I can is a character flaw from childhood. Can’t keep my mouth shut either :devil:
    Rosemarie nurse sounds like an angel.
    Karen some banks charge lesser or no fees accounts for direct deposit of Social Security Checks. :love: Ginny’s credit union suggestion. Fingers Xd.
    Viv brava!
    Teri had to google “wee dote” :love: it.
    Lisa “Can you keep a secret?... No.” ROTFLMAOWMP Yup. Was that Heinlein’s definition of love that makes so very much sense?
    Annie your friend will be glad to see you. Long day indeed.

Kim was thinking about your electrical situation. Is much of the $15K cost upgrading the wiring and panel? Does California have any grants or incentives for installing solar? Between incentives and financing, might be doable…

Had a similar success to Viv’s broadband/landline success this morning. All but 2 of the organic russet potatoes in a 3 lb bag bought yesterday had that greenish skin that isn’t good to eat. Called the 800 number on the bag, only moments on hold then Bryan credited my account with $1 more than I paid!

Done:
    9/16: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, 26 mins playing with plants. active mins:244 steps: 7410
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far:13+1+7+4+3 almonds, apple, artichoke, basil, beans-cannellini, beets, cacao 70%, carrots, celery, corn-kettle corn, cucumber, lemon curd, lettuce-red leaf, maple syrup, mint apple jelly, parsley, peanut butter, pecans, pistachios, radish, romaine, soy veggie sausage, spinach, tomato sauce/juice, watercress, watermelon, wheat-Eng muffin/tortilla/pizza crust, tea. CI<CO=236
    Live: Joe, made up yesterday’s readings, BP, wrote note to C and packed up with gift, recycling, Freddie’s.
    Wt:138.5
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Rita glad to hear you are stable again, and every step forward is great for your son. Will the class be the computer class you mentioned? if it is well received can you teach it again? or another similar class?
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2022
    Stats for the day-

walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 34min 51sec, 48elev, 3.85ap, 110ahr, 161mhr, 6.35mi= ,651c
    Strava app = 779c
    Walk to store n back- 14.42min, .67mi= 71c
    Strava app = 82c
    Housecleaning etc- 1hr 36min 3sec, laundry fold and put away, clean and refill front patio fountain, sweep front entryway and front patio, make doggie treats, repack Bette = 460c

Total cal 1182
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Evening ladies
    Had a great time up at the farm where they made the music videos,then came home and got Alfie out,did some online banking and met my friend and her friend at local restaurant for lunch and had a lovely time.. then came home to relax.. that was a big day for me.. will plan on doing laundry tomorrow.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Worked, but no work tomorrow so that means I get to exercise!!!! The plan is to do a DVD for the bosu. There was some sort of altercation at BK between one of the workers and a manager. I was going to the bathroom and the manager was pushing the girl out the door saying “go home”. What this was all about, I have no idea (and I really don’t care). I heard yelling while I was in the bathroom but couldn’t make it out. When I left I went out the back door because I have no desire to get involved.

Karen – we aren’t charged a fee for this (impressed) account. It’s with Wells Fargo. Then again, it might be because we have our mortgage with them and also another (regular) checking account

Viv – impressive that you took the bull by the horn and fixed that shower riser

Ginny – yea no spread!!!!

Lisa – congrats to your daughter. She’s been thru so much, she deserves to be happy

Well, Steve left. Now to get back to decent eating

Got new stools for the kitchen and Vince put them together. They meet my criteria – I did NOT want material seats. Cats will mess on them (if you get my drift)

Barbara – what a win with the potatoes! Companies want to keep your business/loyalty, so they many times are willing to go above and beyond. One time there were a lot of M&M’s loose and they should have been in an individual bag. Well, since Vince used to work for them, we called and explained the situation. They sent me a coupon for a full bag. So not only was I able to use the rest of the unopened bags, but I was able to get another bag free.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my friend Craig who had a stroke. He is moving to rehab today. He has been using a walker, but expects to get better.

I plan to go visit on Tuesday. It will be three hours to drive out, then visit and three hours back. Then the usual dinner and pills for my parents. I just hope he doesn't have the physical therapy while I'm trying to visit. It will be a long day.

Today I am going to a library talk about writing crime fiction. It should be fun.

Lisa that's wonderful news about your daughter's engagement! Congratulations!

And Rosemarie's caregiver is working out, and Carla got her monitor, seems like things are going well.

Debby hope things go well with your MIL. That is such a difficult situation, and I think of you often.

Machka and Heather and Michele, just wanted to say hi!

Annie in Delaware

Hi!

If you do get there during physical therapy, you could see about doing it with him or helping. I did a bit of that with my husband.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,787 Member
    <3