:)<3:)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,819 Member
    B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited October 2022
    Rosemarie - Happy Belated Birthday!! <3

Karen - awesome job going through everything. So glad you have local charities and agencies helping with it all. I could feel your happiness - and relief in the post... the end is in sight!

When you get a chance, I'd love to hear about your new place :) I think you and your spouse were wise getting in line early. Out here, retirement communities and apartments have long waiting lists.

Pip - remind me again about your shoulder. Can you lift your arm above your head or reach behind your back? Crossing fingers physical therapy brings you permanent relief.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Still skimmin’. Stats updates just have to wait. Frenzied cleaning yesterday, today, and whatever can get done tomorrow morning before company arrives. Joe’s tried to be helpful, and he has, but there have been some less than loving conversations as I’m snappish when mid-cleaning frenzy and take not well to helpful suggestions, or even honest communication. :rage: The NSVs were getting back to PT yesterday and today, and taking time out for line dancing tonight.

Debbie praying the wellness coach can help you with lowering your cholesterol and a1C. Considering how healthily you eat and how much you exercise that cholesterol number is scary! Could it be the stress you live under? https://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/stress-cholesterol-link

Time to snooze. May be a few days before I check in again because of my friend visiting from Idaho.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    October: Move more, fuel bettter, live NOW.

A big part of the cholesterol number being high is heriditary-
    Mine has always run high, even way back when I was in my 20's and they first started checking it. The doctor ran it twice because she couldn't believe, at 95 pounds it was close to 300. It has gone down some but not much if any in the past 40 yrs.
    My dad's side of the family all have run really really high, and sadly, most don't do anything to change it- 7 of the siblings that passed died from heart attacks, two from their second and before they were 40 I think. One died from cancer(continued to smoke until the day she died, even after they had to remove part of her jaw because of the smoking).Dad passed from covid. Only one of the ten left now.
    I will ask about if stress might be part of it- I know stress runs dh's sugar really high. Maybe that is part of mine too. Trying to work on that- the walking the wetlands has really helped the stress(and lots of prayers during those walks and other times)
    I will check out that link. Thanks

Debbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited October 2022
    Debbie - I had a friend whose very high chloresterol ran in the family. She was the thinnest person I have ever known. She took drugs to lower it. This was back in the 70s. I think it would be impossible for you to lower it by diet alone, given your family history. As you already know, it doubles your risk of heart attack. We would hate to lose you. My DSIL, who is very fit and swims miles every week, also has high chloresterol. Her mother died in her early 60s, unexpectedly. DDIL is on statins now. Fortunately, DH is the mother's adopted son.
    Sometimes you just have to accept the curveball life throws at you. It is nothing you have done. Luckily, modern medicine can help.

Rosemarie - I fear I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday! I certainly wished it in my ♥. Great that you got to spend time with your family.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    edited October 2022
    Worked then went to Aldi, then WalMart since I needed gas

Allie – what is Myles going to be for Halloween? Of course Alfie is on HIS bed!!!!

It’s drizzling out right now, and that means that I don’t have to go water the grass! Newcomer bowling tonight

Barbara – I like getting household items for gifts but only if I need them and want them. Like I wanted the Roomba, I really did, and I was happy to get it. I wanted an IP, and if I didn’t get it for Christmas I was going to get it myself. But I got it.

Right now making more spaghetti squash in the IP. Hey, it was on sale for 59 cents/pound!!!! So I’ll freeze some. Thank God for the freezer!

Looks like there won’t be many for Newcomer bowling tonight. I know Vince is getting somewhat frustrated. There are some people who have signed up but never show up. They don’t even bother to let him know that they aren’t going to be there. Which I think is just rude. He’s saying that if one other couple don’t come (then it would just be the two of us), he’s wondering if having Newcomer bowling is worth it. I honestly believe it is. There are just some nights when people have things they need to do. Well, I think this is just a temporary thing.

I like to have my breakfast ready the day before. Want to think on what to have. It's too chilly for cereal. Besides, I had that this morning. Let's see, I do have chicken broth that I want to use up. Maybe that, edamame, maybe shirataki. Don't laugh at my breakfasts.

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,369 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Oh no, Happy Belated Birthday Rosemarie!!
    mlcpjg446yqv.jpg
    Hugs
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    55h1ytjalxof.jpg

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Hello ladies,

I did my yoga and marching. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    here are my numbers as of this week-
    Cholesterol is 286
    Tryglicerides is 85
    HDL is 82
    LDL is187

A1C 5.8

20lbs over my goal of 127
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,522 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk scissors/sidestep w/yogi- 1hr 48min 48sec, 89elev, 3.45ap, 102ahr, 135mhr, 6.25mi= 561c
    Strava app = 765c
    Walk home to gym-12.20min, .53mi= 58c
    Strava app = 65c
    Elliptical machine- 25min, incline and resist 1-8, increased by 1 every song, 111ahr, 137mhr, 2932 strides, 1.87mi= 186c
    Walk gym to store then home- 19.59min, .85mi= 109c
    Strava app = 105c
    Other- PT therapy exercises, 3sets of 10 each, 3 different exercises 16.57min= 60c

Total cal 916
  • pipcd34
    Rosemarie - Happy Belated Birthday!! <3

Karen - awesome job going through everything. So glad you have local charities and agencies helping with it all. I could feel your happiness - and relief in the post... the end is in sight!

When you get a chance, I'd love to hear about your new place :) I think you and your spouse were wise getting in line early. Out here, retirement communities and apartments have long waiting lists.

Pip - remind me again about your shoulder. Can you lift your arm above your head or reach behind your back? Crossing fingers physical therapy brings you permanent relief.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I can both of those. To the average joe, you wouldn’t know anything was wrong. I broke it back on 5/13 and I’m just now getting the PT.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    I recall PIP, the gruesome after pics, you fell in Las Vegas correct? Or was it a bicycle accident? Whichever, it was quite the injury, and you were so brave throughout!💖👍🏻🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    I recall PIP, the gruesome after pics, you fell in Las Vegas correct? Or was it a bicycle accident? Whichever, it was quite the injury, and you were so brave throughout!💖👍🏻🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Yeah, I broke that same shoulder in Vegas on Kirby’s 60th birthday 7 years ago on 7/10. I fell down some stairs going across from one side of the street to the other, I don’t remember the fall at all.207cedsvwk5s.jpeg
    dqjuiyfxqpmr.jpeg
    gm3y5fphb7xh.jpeg