• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Athena is so cute xoxo...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Aa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Pip – was that REALLY 7 years ago? Seven? Those pics still look as terrible (the shoulder, I mean)

Karen – you have such a big heart! I wouldn’t doubt if that’s the reason you won the bid.

Well, it was just Vince and myself bowling.

Rebecca – I can’t get over how much we have all been thru together. Love you all.

It was really raining before but it’s slowed down now.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    [quote="exermom;c-47087253"

Well, it was just Vince and myself bowling.

It was really raining before but it’s slowed down now.

Michele NC[/quote

Date night then!!!

would love a night like that
    Dh used to be on a bowling league- hasn't bowled since we got married or soon after.
    Not sure if he could now with his bad hips(replaced both twice but not right still)

Need to find a snack.
    Went walking at dinner time so just grabbed a piece of pizza before I left.
    At 600 cal so far for the day so need to get a 400cal snack that is low in sugar and cholesterol
    Not sure how that will work out.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,686 Member
    Heather - I used to live on the south side of the river and work on the north side. In all of the years we’ve lived here I have never taken the old tram and say I’m going to every year.
    I currently live about 40 minutes from that river. I am in a small city just south of Edmonton. The airport is a 5 minute drive away.

We are having a flu shot clinic at work tomorrow and Friday. I’m not eligible for the Covid jab until January. I have to be 5 months after my positive test.

Machka - as I was reading your kidney stone experience I was picturing the university and hospital here as I knew you went there. I also pictured that long drive from south of here. Scary.

Debbie - have you tried eating more? MFP says I shouldn’t eat over 1200 to lose weight. I found that I actually need around 1400 to lose.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Heather - I used to live on the south side of the river and work on the north side. In all of the years we’ve lived here I have never taken the old tram and say I’m going to every year.
    I currently live about 40 minutes from that river. I am in a small city just south of Edmonton. The airport is a 5 minute drive away.

We are having a flu shot clinic at work tomorrow and Friday. I’m not eligible for the Covid jab until January. I have to be 5 months after my positive test.

Machka - as I was reading your kidney stone experience I was picturing the university and hospital here as I knew you went there. I also pictured that long drive from south of here. Scary.

Debbie - have you tried eating more? MFP says I shouldn’t eat over 1200 to lose weight. I found that I actually need around 1400 to lose.

Tracey in Edmonton

I will see what the wellness coach says- I stick at 1000 most days instead of the 1200 that I am supposed to be at because in case I am not tracking exactly right, I have a little leway-
    Like my lunch(and dinner last night)- It was kind of like gumbo- tomatoes, okra, kilbasa, black beans-I guessed how much of each ingredient I had in my bowl

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Karen what is your Buy Nothing Group? You're a blessing to many people 💞

Rebecca thanks for sharing the pictures of Athena! She makes me smile 💞

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Tracey - funny how we don't do the things right next to us, unless we have visitors who want to go. I still, haven't been up the i360. The old tram would be a fun trip for the kids. ???

Quiet day today. My covid jab aches have gone, so I will be attempting to start my first chapter.
    Maybe I shouldn't start at the beginning! I might do another chapter that I really want to write. It's to put the poems about my EX DSIL in context. She died at 29 in a shocking car accident. I found the newspaper report and the funeral service/address in my memory box 2. My husband's mother had the most terrible schizophrenic episode, as a consequence, (she had previously had a few) and had to be sectioned. What a time that was! I was 24. It taught me so much about life. My novel 'Windows ' was partly based on the experience.

These things are so long ago, but it feels like yesterday. I have been on this forum over ten years. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2022
    I almost always watch Murder She Wrote if I can't get back to sleep at night. I have seen all of the episodes multiple times. I find the familiarity to be relaxing, and Jessica Fletcher is so reassuring in the middle of the night! :D

Angela Brigid Lansbury, Dame of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, made the world a much better place and I will miss her. I am grateful she lives on in her movies, recorded broadway performances, and syndicated TV series.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    One step backwards in my gut journey.😢. My solid food too soon. So a day of broth in the afternoon, maybe a protein drink. Stepped up my water, as I had slacked off this past weekend. Not happy.
    Rebecca
    Wa

Include a piece or two of fresh raw fruit in there. And ask your doctor about fibre.

Oppositely, for about 3 days now every thing I eat is moving through at the speed of light.

I don't know if it is my sinus infection medication or a touch of a flu or the quantity of fruit I ate over the weekend. So much fresh fruit available!

Butt (pun intended), I am kind of over it.

Nothing is sitting well, but I had a chicken and cheese sandwich (Jaffle) at lunch to attempt to slow things down a bit. Cheese can be good for that ... hard cheeses anyway.

On the bright side, I did lose 1.5 kg in those 3 days.

M in Oz

My appetite is gradually coming back and my digestive system has slowed a little. Thank goodness!!
    (not as much diarrhea as I had for about 3 days at the beginning of the week)

I actually tried a piece of fruit to see if it would be OK. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Tomorrow about 5 am ... incoming rain and lots of it!

There has been over 100 mm of rain up north, and places are being evacuated. The prediction is for at least another 100 mm tonight.

200 mm is about 8 inches.

djk71fpj5pzg.png

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    Karen - The Buy Nothing group sounds wonderful. I have got similar pleasure from Freecycle. I once wished for a bedside table and a guy brought me round the perfect one! I have donated so many things! :D Like you, it makes me very happy. I know we have some pictures in the garage loft that need dealing with, but they are DH's, so I need to tread carefully. We did Freecycle some very nice batik prints, which were completely the wrong colourway for any of our houses. Most of the pictures were bought with his previous partner. :'( I can't be bothered to go through the money exchange route, so giving stuff away suits me better.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    I tried to start in the middle with my DSIL, but found that I might be repeating information that I might write earlier in the book! But that did break my fear of the blank page, so I've now got some of the introduction down. It's in draft form on a writing app as I find that less intimidating than Word. It's the equivalent for me of scribbling on the back of an envelope! I can copy from it and paste into an email to myself. Not ideal, but I like the feeling that it doesn't really matter and it doesn't have to be a perfect draft. Once I'm underway I can revert to Word when the nerves have dissipated. :*;)
    Anyway, pleased with myself for making a start. o:):p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx