WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    wow Karen- that is beyond crazy. It is great that your brother has you to take him in- I feel bad for the other men, shipped of with no warning. Did they get to pack their things and take them with them?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited October 2022
    kevrit wrote: »
    Question.. anyone sweat for no reason even though you are way past menopause? I’m 66 and can go from shivering to sweating by just putting on a light sweater! Weird….

RvRita

2 years into menopause and still getting hot flashes.

BUT ... I've never used HRT and a few weeks ago, I went off Remifemin (Black Cohosh Extract (Root and Rhizome)) https://www.drugs.com/drp/remifemin-menopause-tablets.html ... and the hot flashes seem to be less frequent.

I also generally feel hot and have done since about 2018. It's a rare moment when I feel cool.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Here's where I am this month with walking. :)

wh3qpdm5yenx.png

Machka in Oz

not sure the # in kilometers but I am at 92 miles so far for this month. 167 for Sept.170 in Aug.
    Looking forward to talking with the wellness coach this afternoon to see what I need to do different to loose some weight(plus get my other numbers down too)

Almost time to head out to walk another 5miles plus Zumba tonight. My friend that took me to my first class but then stopped going to go to another gym, is now back going with me. It is just once a week now that it gets too dark to do it in the park at 6:30PM but her and I or another friend and I walk for that hour instead. This week we won't as the teacher is having everyone meet for a little get together at a Mexican place a couple blocks away. I will walk a little extra that day ;) -street tacos are what I will be having that night.

Well done!!
  • Machka9
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Flea We have no idea why my husband's daughter is not talking to us.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Has it been since January 2021?
  • Machka9
    edited October 2022
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH has been transferred to a hospital & my daughter has taken me there. I am sitting beside him. I spoke to him yesterday evening. Awhile later he was taken to a hospital.

Our daughter brought me here & I am sitting beside him. I am happy to be with him. He will have an MRI soon. I hope it will be helpful.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good luck. 🤞🏻 ❤️ 🙏🏻

Have they said what's wrong? I hope he recovers now that he's in the hospital. :heart:
  • Machka9
    I have another doctors appointment on Wednesday. Thinking I might need an X-Ray or something. My stomach is processing ok, but its when it goes thru my intestines that the tightness, soreness happens. Yesterday, after totally cleaning myself out with Milk of Magnesia (I know TMI), I had broth and both doses of Meta Mucil. I had a terrible night of moaning, crying and endless baths. Its such a cycle. I have cleaned myself out 2 times, eating easily digestible foods and still it gets me to a point of a tight abdomen, and terribly sore lower back. Both sides, so thinking it is my kidneys? I am just guessing.
    Oh to be able to eat normally again!
    You know I used to be such a foodie.🙄😢
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Maybe an X-ray. However, an X-ray might not show much.

Ask for a CT scan of your kidneys and gallbladder.

My kidney stones don't appear in ultrasounds ... they only appear in CT scans.

Also ask for a full set of ultrasounds - upper (stomach, gallbladder, etc.) and lower (kidney, bladder, appendix, etc.)

Kidney pain will be in the back, on either side, just above your waistline ... or sharp pains in the front on the way down to the bladder.

m2a7f314811f.png

M in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Katla - I hope the tests show good results for your husband. Thinking of you....

Rebecca - SO glad you're seeing the doctor again. That kind of pain needs to be respected, and as Machka said, I hope they at least get you a CT scan. For one thing, most hospitals have the capability now, so it prevents further delay... and as Machka said, it will pick up kidney stones if that's the problem. I hope you get an answer, dear heart. Just a reminder - fight for yourself as much as you would for Lee. Doctors in the US have a horrible tendency to see women our age more than once and assume we're seeking attention and/or drugs.

Machka - Glad to see you relax enough to have a picnic... Keep us posted on the bees - they're in grave danger here, and I'd love to start a few bee boxes here, but haven't the foggiest place where to start!

Karen - I'd meet the mail each morning with your brother and the detective, if at all possible. That place sounds like a "tear the mail up" kind of place.

I've got a kitty on my lap with cold fur; she's been outside (at 25 degrees here) for an hour or so. I vacuumed, not her favorite. She does, however, love my heater under my desk, so I'll have a kitty lap warmer for the rest of what is rapidly looking like winter here. The current cold snap should last through tomorrow, then we get a few more days of 80-degree weather, and then the highs start dropping fast. I need to get Corey on the roof this weekend to check the chimney. A fire in the fireplace makes all of us happy.

Did I mention we had half of another tree fall in the storm on Saturday? The last one gave us enough firewood for the whole winter - this one definitely supplied a month or so. Silver linings and all that.

I'm so looking forward to the time falling back an hour on Nov. 6. I always get tickled about the news critters' refrain of "we're getting one hour of daylight back!" No, we haven't actually changed that at all. We've just changed when we see it. As hubristic as we are, we haven't yet changed the earth's rotation or tilt. :p Silly goobers.

More vacuuming to do...

Later, y'all,
    Love
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka - Glad to see you relax enough to have a picnic... Keep us posted on the bees - they're in grave danger here, and I'd love to start a few bee boxes here, but haven't the foggiest place where to start!

Later, y'all,
    Love
    Lisa in AR

We took a beginners course from a reputable and experienced beekeeper here. She runs several courses at different levels. Then we took another course. Then another course. Then we joined a Zoom group to chat about our bees. And an in-person group.

Even so we'll probably need help along the way, but we've got contacts now.

For the next 2-4 weeks, we're supposed to let the hive sit and the bees will orient themselves and explore the area.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Hhjj
  • LisaInArkansas
    I've been down on myself a lot lately. This spoke to me.
  • LisaInArkansas
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    <3