• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    7jvj0rrq6abu.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Worked then made baked ziti for Vince for during the week and to freeze. Cleaned the carpet in our room. Ever since Lexi couldn’t make it to the litter box, she’d sometimes go on the rug. Try as you might, you just can’t clean it like using a carpet cleaner. Then painted the doors to the deck from our room. Just used bonding primer. Somehow I think Vince thinks that since I primed the door, I’m going to paint it. That’s really not in the plan. To me, it’s white so the door looks better. Also, we used this primer on the door to the condo. I don’t see any of the other doors chipping (the ones in the sun all day). Went to church. We’re supposed to go to the Green Room tonight to see Midnight and Magnolias. Never heard of it, but I understand it’s a comedy. I’ll probably take a sweater with me since it’s supposed to be chilly when we leave.

Since I don't work tomorrow, the plan is to do a Firm Body Sculpt DVD and then take a walk around the block.

Mary – that is so wonderful of you to do that for Allie! You sure do have a big heart. So very sorry about your brother.

Allie – recently Vince went to 5 Guys. He got a hamburger, fries, and a soda. It came to $17. And we’re not talking a place right on/off the highway

Ginny – we’ve never had a brand new home, either.

Lanette – Jess got around having to pay the renter’s fee for her cat by having the cat certified as a therapy cat. You should have seen the letter the MD sent as to why she needed it. I had to laugh at some of the things she said. But in the end, Jess saved the money. Which is what she was aiming for.

Really really want to stay in this house. I would be so very very sad if ever I had to move. I would find any way possible to stay here. Maybe it’s because growing up I was in an apartment for most of the years and I’m just tired of apartment life.

I want to be cremated (would really prefer to donate my body), too, and have a BIG party. I should look into finding a place to donate.

We want to mulch on the side of the house. Extend it to line up with the front of the bushes. I’m planning to do that tomorrow. Then maybe we’ll go to see our sick friends. I really want to get to see the Newcomer lady. She is such a sweetheart and I know that I’ll feel real bad if I don’t get to see her.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Regarding death ... it doesn't really matter what I want. I won't be there!! What happens to my body will be up to the hospital or staff in the care home, I presume.

If I follow in the footsteps of my grandparents, I'll outlive everyone I know.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Ff
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Allie I sent you a PM yesterday. Check it out to see if you got it. My husband said that the first thing I have to do is find out what blood type I am. I will do that Monday.

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Options
    Garden & Cycling

diqlwk11cn5b.png
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Pip - I love that adorable clock! Kirby is a gem.

Machka - It's easier on the executor when they get that call from the care home or hospital if there is a pre-paid plan for disposal of the remains already in place that has been made know to the executor. Even if there is no remaining kin, I plan to have an executor. An attorney if need be. The state or county will not pay for disposal of my remains in the USA if there is money in my estate. Not sure how it is in Australia.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    edited October 2022
    Options

Machka - It's easier on the executor when they get that call from the care home or hospital if there is a pre-paid plan for disposal of the remains already in place that has been made know to the executor. Even if there is no remaining kin, I plan to have an executor. An attorney if need be. The state or county will not pay for disposal of my remains in the USA if there is money in my estate. Not sure how it is in Australia.

Karen in Virginia

I have a will and executor (a law firm). :)
    It would be highly unlikely I'll have money in my estate by the end ... or not much.

But maybe I should add something to my will ... "please make sure I don't end up in a jar on someone's shelf". Not that I would know or care, but I pity the person who might feel they needed to put me in a jar on their shelf! Just toss me outside somewhere. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Had a great morning cleaning out the trap in the upstairs shower. :#:p I had noticed, a week ago, that the water wasn't going down as fast. On investigation, I found the thing was COMPLETELY clogged with my long hair! Ugh, double Ugh! I pulled most of it out, but today I decided to make a good job of it.

I have to do that about once a month. It's all part of having hip-length hair.

Pork pie is a traditional British speciality.
    pj9w011ssztb.jpg

Inside is closely packed pork and some jelly on on the top. The pastry is hand raised, made with lard. The best ones come from Melton Mowbray and are a protected name. We are sharing this one. We like it with lots of hot English mustard.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

The pastry always looks good. The inside, not so much.

BTW we have a Melton Mowbray here too.

M in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Karen in Virginia

I have a will and executor (a law firm). :)
    It would be highly unlikely I'll have money in my estate by the end ... or not much.

But maybe I should add something to my will ... "please make sure I don't end up in a jar on someone's shelf". Not that I would know or care, but I pity the person who might feel they needed to put me in a jar on their shelf! Just toss me outside somewhere. :)

Machka in Oz

:D:D:D I have to laugh at this because I must admit that I have the cremains of a couple of family members and a few pets here in the house...

• KetoneKaren
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Heather - It's not perfect, but we have been able to minimize the mildew and soap scum in the shower with homemade Clean Shower. The commercial product works pretty well, but we can make refills cheaply with 1/3 cup rubbing alcohol, a few drops of glycerin, one drop of dish detergent, and fill the spray bottle with water. It's so humid here we still get a small amount of mildew, but quickly spraying the shower stall and showerhead after showering does make a big difference. Just a thought.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Heather - It's not perfect, but we have been able to minimize the mildew and soap scum in the shower with homemade Clean Shower. The commercial product works pretty well, but we can make refills cheaply with 1/3 cup rubbing alcohol, a few drops of glycerin, one drop of dish detergent, and fill the spray bottle with water. It's so humid here we still get a small amount of mildew, but quickly spraying the shower stall and showerhead after showering does make a big difference. Just a thought.

Running the fan for a bit, and opening the window on a windy day can help too.

I use bleach when the pink mould appears, but apparently vinegar is supposed help too. I might try it on the bits of black mould we get now and then.

https://www.healthline.com/health/does-vinegar-kill-mold#other-mold-removal-strategies
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :

:) We want no funeral and no party. Our friends and family are all over the place and not necessarily financially able to travel here for an event. Anyone who wants to celebrate my life can honor me by dancing, going for a walk, being kind to others, caring for a pet, and being happy.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Barbie
    - I like this a LOT! In fact, I'm going to use it when people ask about DH and a "memorial service." I'm sure this is what he would have wanted.

I'm leaving it up to whoever is still around after I pass as to what they want to do, if anything. I've specified cremation in my will, but other than that I won't be around to give a hoot. :D That reminds me, I need to run down to the funeral home and pre-pay.

Karen - I have the cremains of three dogs and now DH here at the house. I'm having fun with it. Love it when I intercept a telemarketer asking to speak to my husband. My answer "he's here but unable to talk on the phone right now. Can I help you?" They'll then launch into a spiel about something. My response. "He's not interested. Put us on the do not call list."

I'm kind of hoping someone comes to the front door demanding to see him for some reason. Me: "Just a minute, I'll go get him." :p

Lisa - loved your obit. I can see people saying "Yep, that was her." :D I read one not long ago that was self-written, and it was laugh out loud funny. I will see if I can find a copy and post it here.

Another warm and smoky day here, it's supposed to start clearing off tomorrow and temps returning to normal, rain finally coming this Friday.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State