WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    My mom had an album when we were kids called a music box Christmas.. and i listened to that as I fell asleep last night.. it was nice..
    Im here with Miles and he is conked off and today he wont let me put him down,so im laying on the couch with him snoozing on top of me..
    I bought him the 12 days of Christmas board book at the Christmas tree shop for 1.99 and if this isn't his favorite book because we sing it to him..and i got him a hard light up ball at dollar tree for 1.25 so that was good..
    Its a yucky rainy day here.. so ..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Barbie, that blanket is gorgeous! My grandmother could knit like the wind. She made all of our Christmas stockings. They were stunning. All of them had winter scenes, our names and the year we were born on them. I'm so jealous of people who can knit. My stitches were always WAY too tight!
    Yes, Mom and I have collected for over 30 years. I used to arrange it in my window seat, but spreading it out just got to be entirely too difficult for my back and knees. I saw a ladder online and suggested it to hubby and my bestie happend to have one in her burn pit and brought it over one day and we painted it in the backyard. The rest, as they say, is history. It's been the same every year since.

7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? how to be myself and not be ashamed!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka I love the Christmas newsletter!

Carla, I missed it the first time, but now I see it! I love your Christmas village!

Katla is your move all done then? You have been through a lot of transition lately! Hope you settle in and meet new friends.

Michele a funny tee shirt could be rolled up and fit into a large stocking. We bought ours large enough for cd's but that's irrelevant now.

Raining today. I should go back to bed but I am wide awake for the moment.

Annie in Delaware
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,776 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    peeking in to read posts

💞Karen OR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Get well soon, Pip! <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2022
    Options
    We've got a couple of babysitting appointments in the next couple of weeks,. One is for Friday. The parents are going to dinner with one of my son's old friends, J, from university. He is around 45, and has been really ill for months, not able to work or even walk far. They think it is pericarditis that hasn't got better after four infections with covid! They thought he would have to cancel, but he is desperate for them to come. Obviously, they won't be staying late!
    I know this guy quite well and he is the sweetest. :'(

Another one is next week when Max's school has a carol concert. We will pick up the girls and bring them back to ours and then get them to help us put the tree up. I think they will enjoy climbing up to the garage loft with DH to get it down! :D Edie will get us all organised.

Just had our Zoom with my girlfriends. All fine. P will be joining us from Gibraltar for the next one.

Tomorrow we have a vote for the local council. Our ward's Councillor died suddenly this year, so we have to replace him. The voting station is about 10 minutes walk away. Then we have booked ourselves in for a painting session in the afternoon. :p

So all is good. Apart from dear J.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

69at5ryyptu8.jpeg

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today.

RvRita in drizzly NM
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Something I'm good at: I'm grateful that I can write.

A lesson that I'm grateful I learned: my identity is more than a job.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Stocking stuffers: On second thought, I don't think personal care items would work for me this time. I know that if someone bought me, say, deodorant and it wasn't one that I'd use, I wouldn't be exactly thrilled. I don't know the brands Jess uses. I'll probably be able to find out when we go up there, but between now and Christmas, I'm not planning to go there. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I don't think she'd like candy.

Michele NC

I went to Hobby Lobby and got a couple of stress reliving items that are small and fit in the socks. Also Bath and Body works has a great selection of small gift ideas like had sanitizers and holders, hand creams, etc.

Barbara— I love the blanket and my favorite color!

RvRita in Roswell
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Making chicken stock today.💖👍🏻
    To the gal that wished a lasagna sauce recipe. I cheat a bit
    Sausage tube (use as much and as little as you like)
    Fry up in butter (I use 1 T when cooking 1/2 tube), Italian spice 1/2 tsp, pepper 1/2 tsp, one generous squirt of roasted garlic paste. When brown, add 1 large can of spaghetti sauce (I use Hunts with meat), 1 medium can of plain tomato sauce, 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 large spoonful of brown sugar. Simmer. It makes a 9 x 9 pan, so for a huge lasagna pan I would cook up the whole tube of sausage, 2 cans of each thing.👍🏻
    That's my sauce anyway.🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I love lasagne, but I am super fussy about it being authentic. Real Italian. I have always followed an old recipe book - 'Great Dishes of the World' - by Robert Carrier. I make my sauce from Elizabeth David, 'Ragu', and it has chicken livers in it for richness. I like my lasagne slippery, not like a cake. Lots of bechamel. It freezes beautifully. Absolutely delicious.
    Haven't made it for years, but you have reminded me how much I love the real version. Lots of work, but good to prepare in advance for guests. A beautifully dressed green salad with it is enough. A Great Dish indeed.

We have just eaten our pigs cheeks. Super fabulous! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Wow that Covid is certainly going around! Everybody take care!

Annie in Delaware
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Barbie--So pretty and she seems very happy with it. Great news for Jake from the cancer doctor.
    Deb--Glad you are going to get this done and over with. Let them wait on you for Christmas.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I had my mango smoothie, and there's a tilapia filet thawing. So my diet is doing pretty well. Exercise has to wait for my shoulder to heal more - no yoga yet. Just the half dumbbells, at twenty reps, three times a week. So overall, I'm doing well! And I might even fit into something nice for my date! Hope the weather is okay. I heard flurries on Monday. I might need to wash my warm jacket, too. And then I'm expecting lots of Christmas stuff from Amazon today.

It's a good day to make great diet and exercise choices!

Annie in Delaware