WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

But if I were filling one with things I bought for myself (???), I'd put the alcohol pens I like colouring with in there plus maybe some sketching pencils.

Machka in Oz

Do you know if they sell something similar in the states? That might make a good stocking stuffer for my daughter. I could just google, but the quality of coloring pens varies so much from brand to brand.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    1fcetb7pb2as.jpeg
    Leftover chicken, sweet white onion chopped, wild rice, tomatoes, pasta, a spoonful of chicken stock paste, turmeric, cayenne pepper, Old Bay, some salt (only when I was sauting onions) and pepper. Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.💖
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Just got a call from the doctors office- go in tomorrow to have the spot removed and the 15th for the reconstruction surgery

Was not expecting that call this morning.

Looks like I will be laid up for Christmas.

We'll console each other!

I hope yours goes well.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

But if I were filling one with things I bought for myself (???), I'd put the alcohol pens I like colouring with in there plus maybe some sketching pencils.

Machka in Oz

Do you know if they sell something similar in the states? That might make a good stocking stuffer for my daughter. I could just google, but the quality of coloring pens varies so much from brand to brand.

I would imagine they do. I get mine in a particular craft shop mostly although I find them in various places now and then.

Mine have a thick barrel and are double ended with a relatively fine end on one side and a thicker wedge end on the other.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Debbie - It's good that you are getting it done so quickly. I wish you all the best. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

Machka in Oz

I have bought a few sets on Amazon- there were some great coupon codes posted when I got mine(a few months ago and also last Christmas-got them from son's girlfriend )
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Thank you Heather !
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? Line dancing has taught me that everyone goofs sometimes. Those who laugh and try again have more fun.
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Details. Unfortunately. ;}

Significant Part D savings this year, so worth investing yesterday morning in research but Ugh! Also annoying that when I ask Joe questions about his prescriptions, (like “Did the doctor tell you to stop taking X?”) He gets gruff and grumpy. Looks like he may have taken himself off Metformin (worrisome) and Gabapentin (great idea damstuff is addictive.) When I suggested he ask the Doc at his appointment later this month met with complete resistance and said why should he? Then I got snippy and said “Because it’s your health. You’re going to care more than they are.” After a brief break he grudgingly allowed that I could ask, but he didn’t want to be involved. SMH. All you who advocate for your loved ones have my deepest respect.

All patched up this morning when Joe invited me along on walk with dogs to Azalea Park and House Rock Viewpoint. Boy howdy was it frosty outside! Bur thankful Joe’s attitude warmed up.
    Tracey Ditto what everyone said about those stockings. Not only would I not have the patience and eye-hand coordination but I could never make something so personalized and beautiful. Well done!
    Machka that is a ding dong danged shame that iRobot AU isn’t offering the deals iRobot US is. In the 8 days I’ve had Maizey, she’s vacuumed over 21 hrs and still produces a full bin every time. A life changer for me. “I've got to get my husband and me home after!” This does not sound like a good idea to me. Hope there’s a taxi or other alternative.
    Oh Heather. M&S cherry dark chocolate liqueurs. Yum! Had those when I was in London forty-five years ago and the taste memory is still clear. You look as lovely as your date evening sounds. What did you eat at the Persian restaurant? Enquiring minds want to know! :laugh:
    Carla WOW!
    Kim did your GF give any reason for rescinding Levi’s invitation? That would put me into a tailspin too. Any government or energy company subsidies for home insulation?
    Barbie your blanket is almost as beautiful as your ggd’s grateful smile! Thankful to hear Jake’s good news.
    Rosemarie want to hear more about your learning to weave plans. I’ve also long wanted to learn to spin and weave. (Heather don’t read this.) Stauffer’s makes a tasty “2X meat” lasagna, you could make it “yours’ with a little extra cheese on top and garlic bread on the side. Your son and his wife could bring the salad and wine. Then all you’d have to make is the brownies... or pick some up at the bakery ;)
    Michele here the Dollar Tree is much better stocked than Dollar General. This link says “no” to cutting silicone mats to fit a pan. https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/3578517/can-a-silpat-be-trimmed-to-fit-your-panMe, I just use parchment paper ;) Vince has a kind heart :wink:
    Betsy welcome home!
    Katla ((hugs)) Brava for being willing to give the new living situation a try.
    Allie you are making wonderful memories for Myles. The 12 days of Christmas will stay with him always.
    Carol that pic of the cat with Santa, is a real fool the eye!
    Pip sorry to hear it. Praying for easy case and quick recovery. No reprieve for Lucy? You are made of stern stuff!
    Debbie how unsettling! But sooner IS better than later imho. Prayers for you and Machka.
    Rebecca ((hugs)) for Athena Rose’s parents.
    Kay, I bought some Sakura Gelly (sic) Roll pens with sparkly ink that have lasted years without drying. Got a set for my friend T and hoping the quality is the same. https://www.amazon.com/Sakura-57913-16-Piece-Stardust-Collection/dp/B001C2CO3Q?th=1
    Karen in OR well done on trying new classes at the gym!
    Likewise Annie for getting back to the dumbbells!

Done:
    12/6: Move: 2.5 sets PT, line dance class. active mins:254 steps:6540
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far=27 (avocado, beans-garbanzo, beans-pinto, broccoli stalk, carrots-rainbow, celery, chickpea hummus, cocoa, corn, cucumber-English, oats, olive oil, onions, peanut butter, peppers-orange, peppers-red, popcorn, radish, raisins, romaine, scallions, soy patty, tangerines, tea, tomato sauce, walnuts, wheat-macaroni+lasagna) CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Part D plan and research, enroll new for Joe, kept same for me. Wt:138.7 LNS :sick:

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    December: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    I want to thank all of you who have wished me well with the upcoming procedures-
    That is so much more than I am getting from my younger sister-
    I messaged her on Facebook-didn't call her because, first, my mouth is still swollen and sore from my fall plus I didn't feel like listening to her complain about work and what ever.
    She read the message but didn't reply at all. She does this most of the time when I message her.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    The plan for tomorrow is to do the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. A guy to build a retaining wall around our drain is supposed to be here tomorrow a.m. I guess I will see if he comes. Then I’m supposed to go to BK just to peel and slice onions, but that really can be done at any time during the day. I’m supposed to go to lunch with the Newcomers. Vince didn’t want to go. I’m hoping to stop at the Salvation Army on my way home and then stop at WalMart to get a few things that I couldn’t get at Aldi today.

M – you come up with some of the cutest things!

Newcomers has their election of officers next month at their general meeting. I was going to go but now I’m thinking “why bother”. There’s only one person running for each position so you know who’s going to win. So my excuse will be “I didn’t get out of work on time”. Yes, if I truly wanted to go I could go in early. But now I’m leaning toward not being bothered.

Rebecca – I’m so sorry about the Covid. Let’s hope Athena doesn’t get it

Tina – yes, it was the fiberglass. This I didn’t know. I’m not concerned about the drumset. Denise did call today to wish Vince a happy birthday and PJ was on the phone.

Debbie – sending only good thoughts

Had Newcomer bowling tonight. Not much else so I’ll get to bed.

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions for stocking stuffers.

Oh, here’s the goldfish:

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    I came home and promptly fell asleep at like 4:30 so ,I woke up at around 8:30 here is hoping I can get back to sleep..
    All of you getting procedures done I will be praying for you.. I was in your shoes a year or so ago and it feels good when you get through it and are on the other side..
    Know that all your friends here will be right here in your pocket...
    I bought the zero sugar Spiced cranberry Sprite today and I must say its really good for a soda..nice to have for festivities if your not a drinker..Tracy ,Miles and I will be heading to Aldi after she gets home tomorrow so i better try and rest up..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Debbie and Machka … praying for successful surgeries/procedures!

Tracey … great stockings!

Carla … amazing village!

Pip … get well soon!

Rosemarie … I’ve made this recipe countless times and it’s a winner. Everyone loves it. I do add a last layer of noodles and top with sauce and cheese because that’s how I like it. Lasagna Recipe
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I had to link that recipe twice … second link works fine

Beth
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA