• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    Anamika703 wrote: »
    Hello Barbie!
    Getting back to this group after ages.
    So good to see you going strong.
    Warm regards

:):) I am so happy to see you again. I hope you keep coming back.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Rebecca and Lisa ... OK, I found the peanut brittle recipe ... It's 1/2 cup light corn syrup and 1 cup SUGAR? I can't imagine it's anything else, but I keep looking at the word for "sugar" and now I'm getting batty ...

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Rebecca - I will make that peanut brittle recipe, because it sounds like honeycomb, which I like. :D We don't have such a thing as corn syrup over here, but I found some US brrand stuff on Amazon which they are charging a fortune for, so I've bought a Chinese one. Same thing. Apparently, Google says you can substitute one cup sugar dissolved in 1/4 cup water. :o The recipe also reminded me that I needed to buy more vanilla extract, so that's done. I haven't got any salted peanuts though. Can buy those locally tomorrow.
    I'm going to try it out just because ....... because it looks unbelievably easy! :p Peanuts are good for you. Right? :laugh:

Hair is trimmed and tidy. Still got to do the roots soon.
    Gearing up to make gluten free bread sauce tomorrow. Bought full milk and got the bread out of the freezer.

We are planning to have a singing session after lunch tomorrow. We are going to try the classical pieces that we were being taught before covid. We have the sheet music and can follow recordings on YouTube. Should be fun. :o;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Betsy that's so sad to miss the wedding. But it's smart to stay home. Hope you feel better.

I keep thinking about a rejection that I'm grateful for. Probably when I was considered for a French teacher position at the Air Force Academy. They would have paid for my PhD. But I'm not their kind of person and I would likely have been miserable. But who knows?

The rejection I'm certain about is my divorce. I rejected him and I'm grateful that I had the strength and will to do it.

Meanwhile it's a clear sunny day and I'm still having trouble waking up. I had a gorgeous dream about a love affair with a French teacher. It left a delicious feeling and a smile on my face.

Have a lovely day ladies! Make good choices!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Beth - Yep, one cup of sugar and one-half cup of light corn syrup. Dragged my pottery bowl out that my mother gave me 40 years ago, as it was the only one big enough and microwavable. Heather says a half cup of water would work, as well, and I may try it. Seriously, I made it the first time thinking the entire way through "There's no way this will work," and it did.

Betsy - I'm so sorry you're going to miss the wedding! Hope you feel much better soon.

Heather - you are a human dynamo, my friend.

Debbie - hope it's a good day, not too much pain.

Rainy morning here in Arkansas, and mid-50s... winter really is just around the corner. The rain has moved off and not sure what the rest of the day holds. Corey's had his five cups of coffee in bed and is getting dressed. Will see what he has in mind.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    [/Spoiler]
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    Yay Lucy!

I just trimmed Teddy. His front legs are a little less hairy now, and his face is cleaner. Then I decided Enough for both of us, so his hind legs look enormous. He is half Maltese, and he spends his whole life energy growing hair. It never looks even.

Annie in Delaware
    Sounds like my Wicket. She is a Shi-Tzu and spends all her time growing hair. My DH shaves her most of the time and she ends up with some ‘weird’ haircuts! Lol

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    Allie! Those are the cutest pictures. I absolutely love the tree picture! And to top it off, I used to have a crocheted tree skirt just like that one!

RVRita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    KJ - So glad you are taking a decent stretch off. <3 Enjoy the grands and don't wear yourself out with them!

Lisa - The Google recipe was to make a UK equivalent to corn syrup as we don't have it over here. I cup sugar dissolved in quarter cup water. I just decided to buy the Chinese stuff. We have a thing called 'golden syrup' which I used to dribble on porridge when I was a kid. Or honey.
    I take masses of rest. Every afternoon I take a nap. :) I spend most of my day lying on my bed.
    The singing, painting etc is bonding time with DH. We spend most of our day in separate rooms, so I value time consciously bonding. In a few minutes, when he's finished watching football, I will go downstairs for our aperitif time. I will ask him how the football went. o:)
    I'm looking forward to my alone time tonight. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    No work so the plan for tomorrow is to do Cathe Muscle Max DVD. Then I need to go to Sam’s to pick up some cheese for bowling since we’re having the Christmas party at bowling Monday.

Tonight we’re going to see TSO in concert

anamika – welcome.

Pip – tea with honey helps. Get better fast

KJ – how much fun that teepee looks!

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :) Bessie did well with the mobile dog groomer yesterday. It was pricey but we felt that it was worth it. We scheduled another appointment for February. The high winds came up in the afternoon so after grooming she stayed behind my chair instead of going to her bed where she could hear the wind and the branches falling on the roof. We put her in bed with us and she stayed there until the wind stopped. It disrupted everyone's sleep but we all felt safer. This morning I'll be picking up branches from the yard.

:'(Betsy, sorry you'll miss the wedding but I agree that staying home and resting is the best plan.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Rita, I think it's the time of year. I'm dealing with complete ineptitude from three different buildings/programs this year. I don't know what it is, but these are people who are supposed to know what they're doing and they just don't. SO frustrating. And when I try to hold my temper and express my frustration only to my superiors, I get told that I'm so good at my job and know it so well that I have a hard time explaining it to people in simple terms. REALLY?!? Is that supposed to be a compliment? I give it to them in terms as simple as I can. And I don't make the rules. Tell them to talk to DHS! Okay, sorry. Rant over.
    THAT TIPI is freakin' AWESOME! Did you get a plan somewhere or did you just do it?!? I don't have room, but that's just cool!

Our daughter Lacy makes the BEST guacamole. I may have to tell her to create something like that Grinch!!! That's just too cute!

10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? OMGosh... that's a tough one, my first engagement, yes. Way back when, it was for the best, but gosh did it sting when we parted ways.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN