Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked today, then went to Salvation Army and got some Christmas ornaments (50% off too) then took Vince’s thing that we put the scanners in when we go to the Daytona to this gal to fix a zipper, then home and Vince and I went to WalMart. Now home. I made this chocolate dessert to take to Jess’ only the cream that you put on top I’ll take with me and put it on top when I get there. Got the butter out for the butter cookies which I’ll probably make tomorrow. Soup kitchen tomorrow. Unfortunately, rainy so no walk. Cold and rainy...yuk

Making yogurt in the IP. Question for anyone who uses a candy thermometer. Why is my thermometer getting cloudy inside???

Allie – rest up You push yourself sometimes too hard, so this rest is probably really needed.

Barbie – am I ever glad to know that I wasn’t the only one who read “Polish” and thought of the language!!!!

Got boxes for all the presents. Think we did pretty well. Vince & I went to WalMart and got some stocking stuffers

Now to take a shower and watch some TV

You know, lately when I’ve been looking for something to munch on, I seem to want food that will help my body. Interesting…. Many times a cookie or so would call me, but not lately. Fruit and sometimes cheese

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    I got the lab work results from my annual exam. Everything was great except for my Vit D. So I will be starting a prescription strength Vit D for 8 weeks. I had to ask to get they Vit D to be tested. In the future I will not need to ask. I did read it is best to take the Vit D with a fatty food for better absorption.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't heard anything from my date on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if he just fades away. He certainly isn't eager.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I have a new refrigerator in my apartment. It is excellent. The previous one was damaged and I’m still waiting for the company that sent it to come and get it.

This evening I’m watching TV with DH. We are watching Gunsmoke—a TV program that first showed in 1952. The last episode was in 1975. We are watching reruns. DH loves them.

Have you moved to the new place close to your husband?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) Right now the days are just the right length for me to see the sun rise on my morning walk and the sun set on my late afternoon/evening walk. Lots more holiday lights tonight. I have had several opportunities to thank the neighbors who have put up the great lights in their yards.

:)Allie, getting home at 7 PM would be late for me. It is six o'clock now and in a moment I'll be brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed.

:) I eat exactly the same food every day except for lunch when we rotate about ten different lunch menus. It saves me from wondering what I'm going to eat.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Right now the days are just the right length for me to see the sun rise on my morning walk and the sun set on my late afternoon/evening walk. Lots more holiday lights tonight. I have had several opportunities to thank the neighbors who have put up the great lights in their yards.

:)Allie, getting home at 7 PM would be late for me. It is six o'clock now and in a moment I'll be brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed.

:) I eat exactly the same food every day except for lunch when we rotate about ten different lunch menus. It saves me from wondering what I'm going to eat.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I don't get home from work till 6pm and we often don't eat dinner till somewhere between 7 and 8pm!

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Karen- so glad everything went smoothly..
    Yes we left around 2:15 and drove down to the shoreline.. and then afterwards drove around to look at lights do thats why the late night.. but since I slept until noon.. i was ok.. and I was back asleep by 8 so all was good..
    Back over to take care of the crazy boy..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Karen - Why shouldn't she have chicken pox? Sorry, don't understand. :)

Done a morning's work. Transferred draft Intro into print ready version. Ooufff! Hate doing this bit. I know I moan every time, but I really get nervous. I'm technically challenged around documents, but get there in the end, after much angst. Did quite a bit of rewriting in the process, with Lisa's head looking over my shoulder! :p

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options

Done a morning's work. Transferred draft Intro into print ready version. Ooufff! Hate doing this bit. I know I moan every time, but I really get nervous. I'm technically challenged around documents, but get there in the end, after much angst. Did quite a bit of rewriting in the process, with Lisa's head looking over my shoulder! :p

Perhaps you could take a short course to improve your technical skills. Then you'd feel better about this part of your writing.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Childhood immunizations prevent most cases of chickenpox. Sometimes children do get chickenpox anyway, but it's usually a super mild, or in some cases, subclinical case. I guess I shouldn't assume she has been immunized, has she been?

Love,

Karen in Virginia
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OMGosh Annie, I love dark chocolate too! It's the only kind I eat!
    (except this time of year, I do like Hershey's white and peppermint kisses, yummy)

Machka, I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain and pain in your head make your whole body hurt. Sending healing wishes.

16 Touch: really, long hugs! don't get nearly enough of those
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    "The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."---Lin Yutang

vqu8d79ffxzq.png