WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, I had a good laugh. I read "Polish" app and thought you were learning another language. Then I saw your lovely photos.

:) to all who are recovering. Sit down or lie down or rest in some way. Most of what needs to be done can wait another day or week or someone else can do it.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Clothing: I'm grateful for my jeans.

Taste: I'm grateful for my dark chocolate.

Annie in Delaware
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Debbie, wonderful news on your margins.

Machka, You look a good kind of tough with that black eye. Hope you aren't in too much pain. I hope you heal well and quickly.

Barbara, loved that Joe shopped for Toys for Tots.

Allie, good for you to hunker down and rest today.

I'm getting over my bug. I think it was flu, as I never tested positive for Covid. I"ll go back to masking when I need to go out in public.

Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Debbie - so pleased about the margins being clear!

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Rebecca--Love the picture of the family with Santa.
    Allie--I agree stay home and rest. Take care of yourself.
    Machka--Sending prayers for quick healing.
    Going to a meeting this afternoon and it's just dumb stuff. But someone has an issue and wants to drag the rest of us managers into it.
    Another cold and windy day. Have a school program for several of the DGC tonight so plan to attend that.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    dqw3wzj1k7vi.jpg
    i6zfkkax2djm.jpg
    4ktv7qq2vjb6.jpg
    Tracy ,got natural food coloring and cool whip and tried this with Miles he didn't know what to do at first. Lol
    I slept all morning and all night..
    Im feeling better ,and went down to get Homer out and will go home and take a shower..
    Pictures are backwards
    First one is last,last onr is first. But you get the idea lol
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Karen ... excited with you! Thinking "no ice, no ice, no ice!"

Lisa ... the Cowboy cookies are HUGE! (not that anyone is complaining in my house ...) I do think I'm going to flash freeze some for baking at another time though ... or try making them smaller and mess around with the baking time. As luck would have it, I had the dough all ready to go and then the electric went out! I looked at my husband and didn't say a word ... he went and fired up the generator so I could bake the cookies. :D

Terri ... glad you and your husband are starting to feel a little better.

Allie ... I'm with Barbie, rest!

Beth near Buffalo where it's very windy (still don't have electric) and another storm is predicted for the weekend ...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Oh Karen! How exciting! Hope it's a smooth operation. <3

We are at the grandkids. Edie decided she wanted to go to the carol concert, so we just had Bea. Chicken pox regime included lavender oil in the bath, Pyriton at bedtime, and some foam to rub on the spots. Bea did most of that bit.
    I ordered the fish and chips and mushy peas, but the order came up as cancelled after ten minutes. Probably staff problems as it is freezing out there. I reordered from another place and it all came along fine.
    My son told me that he had checked that the oil fired electric radiator was on, but it wasn't. After fiddling with various buttons, I found it wasn't plugged in. Now their enormous living room is warming up, but we are dressed for the Arctic, with blankets on our knees. Their heating system barely works, but as they are moving out in twelve days time, it's not worth mending. They are having a new system with the renovation. The kitchen is warm with underfloor heating.
    Hope they are not too late back.

Love you loads, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing—The coat I bought last January in TN
    December 15 Taste—sweets!
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many different people you can smile at today.
    December 14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one
    December 15. Contact an elderly neighbor and brighten up their day.

RVRita in sunny NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 1hr 57min 39sec, 2.95ap, 58elev, 90ahr, 117mhr, 6.01mi= 620c
    Strava app = 736c
    Walk to store w/kirby- 1hr 14min 8sec, 30elev, 2.82ap, 79ahr, 101mhr, 3.57mi= 351c
    Strava app 438c

Total cal 971

**Lucy walked 2.90mi. Tomorrow starts her first full 3mi walk**
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My motivation has seeped away - as soon as I got the Christmas presents all wrapped for the grands, I've just been doodling away. I did talk to my sis and did some editing for her and gave her a little advice - she's writing a book on a subject I know nothing at all about, but told her I'd be willing to edit in small chunks (she's up to 85,000 words, and thinks she's about halfway through).

I won't kid you, I was a little worried--I'm a sharp-edged editor, and when I'm editing a document, there is no "Well, maybe you could change this." You just get the red lines. She knows this, but sent it to me anyway... B)

So, I told her how to restructure her introduction (it's a book meant for scholars, and there's an etiquette to that.) Also explained why she needed a foreword... She sent me back the heavily revised foreword, and it was honestly outstanding. She understood what I was driving at with my notes and incorporated them without changing her text too much. Makes me so happy that she's a good writer, that she has her own distinctive voice, and that she trusts me with her baby.

I do hope we will continue to grow closer in the years to come. When the parents are gone, our siblings are the only ones who've known us our whole lives.

Corey was going to try to ooooooze out of work an hour early, but I guess he didn't make it. He's really looking forward to his next four days off, even if it is a staycation. Not sure he's looking forward to the grands as much as I am, but I can't wait!

Dang, Machka,
    that looks so painful! Hope you're enjoying your staycation as well as could be expected. How does Rowan do when you're under the weather like this?

OK, time to go get one thing done before 4:30. Swear.
    I'm gonna.
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Just reading tonight.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Two of my old school friends now have covid. P has had to cancel her flight on Sunday to Gibraltar to join her husband. She has managed to reschedule for the 26th. They are unconnected cases.

I'm hoping we will be all well for Christmas. I think I might get some kind of backup plan together, with all these viruses flying around. Otherwise we will have nothing much to eat. I have skate in the freezer, so just need to think about sides. I can rustle up a nice lunch if needed from the stuff we were going to have in the evening. And we have champagne! And Christmas cake.

Hope you thoroughly enjoy your family tomorrow Lisa. <3:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx