Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 209

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    For anyone struggling with staying under calories but not losing, I want to share my story. For years and years, when I'm tracking, I've been eating low calorie breakfasts and lunches and saving most of my calories for dinner. And those breakfasts sometimes have been high in sugar (e.g. Toaster Strudel). I've been reading about nutrition and blood sugar levels and how our bodies need protein and fiber spread out during the day (not just at night), especially as we get older, to help us prevent muscle loss (with exercise/weights), plus more benefits. I have changed up my diet so that I'm getting in at least 25g protein and 5g fiber at every meal with a 7g/2g protein/fiber snack during the day and evened out my calories across meals (as much as possible). I feel better, I'm not getting that 2 p.m. tiredness, and my blood sugar levels have gone back down to the normal range (I've been teetering a little above normal range for a couple years). I go over my calorie limit sometimes but I still see good results when I do this. I'm not as hungry and for the most part I don't feel like I'm sacrificing. I changed MFP so that I can see the amount of protein and fiber intake. This is working for me when I stick to it. I just go off track sometimes. Old habits are hard to break. :tongue:

Here are a couple resources for anyone interested.
    • The Whole Body Reset book - Not a diet, has lots of recipes and examples, and cites the research behind why you should make sure you get the necessary protein/fiber during the day.
    • https://drbeckyfitness.com/ - She has several helpful videos that explains how the body processes food, etc. I think she pushes the Keto diet and wants you to sign up for something. I'm not signing up and not doing Keto but I found several of her videos helpful.